A is for Adoption
Adoption is a subject that is very close to my heart. I have seen adoption from all three sides so I consider myself to be somewhat of an expert.
(Through the eyes of the child.)
I am adopted . Back in my day they did not have open adoptions like they do now. Unfortunately I never got to meet my birth mom.
That is too bad. I wonder if I look like her? I wonder if I think like her? I don’t know but I do know that I love her and appreciate her giving me life…. and since she was not able to care for me, I appreciate her giving me up for adoption.
My mother always made me feel special about being adopted. She told me that out of all the babies in the world she picked me. In her prayers she often thanked God for giving me to her. She died in my arms several years ago. Some of her last words were telling me how I had blessed her life. No child could have had a more loving mother. Adoption blessed my life.
( Though the eyes of the parents)
Since she was a little girl my daughter, Erin, wanted to be a mommy more than anything else. She grew up and accomplished many good thing. She served as a missionary to the deaf for 1 1/2 years. She traveled to Africa many times to work with the deaf children in Ghana and set up an organization to help them. She became a high school teacher. ….. but her life was not complete. She and her husband wanted children but none came to them.
I watched Erin and Patrick go through the rigorous process of adoption. I viewed first hand the ups and the downs. I saw the heart ache that came when a birth mom changed her mind at the last minute and they did not get the baby they had planned on. I saw the exquisite joy that filled their hearts and home when they adopted their little boy and then their girl. All of our prayers were answered when adoption made Erin and Patrick parents. What a blessing for them and for our whole family.
(Through the eyes of the birth mom)
My mother taught me to love my birth mom even though I never met her. However, I don’t think I really understood what she went through placing me up for adoption until I was an adult and I had a niece who gave up her baby. It was a heart breaking decision for her but she knew it was best for the child.
I got to witness this again through Erin and Patrick adopting their 2 children. They have open adoptions so I know both of the birth mothers.
This is Ellie’s birth mom. She loves Ellie. It broke her heart to place Ellie for adoption but after much prayer she knew it was the right thing to do. She wanted Ellie to have a mom and a dad. She wanted Ellie to be raised in a more stable home than she could provide at the time. We all love Brooke for her unselfish sacrifice. Both Ellie and Cal know their birth moms. They know that they grew in their birth mom’s tummy and in their mommy’s heart.
Adoption is a loving option
That is why I have chosen it for my A day. Now I must hop over to other blogs and see what they picked for their A.I hope to see you before long with my B choice. Hugs, Grammy Lura







10 comments:
What a heart-lifting and fantastic post. My former pastor was adopted and he speaks glowingly of it. Thank God for those who chose that option and gave someone (like you) and wonderful life. Thanks for sharing!
Oh my goodness what a beautiful post. I mean that sincerely from the bottom of my heart. I have tears in my eyes. I have a friend that her son's birth mother came into their lives a few years ago and they feel so blessed.
Lura, what a beautiful and thoughtful post. You write with such loving feeling -- of course, you are a loving woman and I am so glad you are part of my life. So glad, too, that you are feeling up to our April Challenge. So glad to be on the Challenge journey with you.
Beautifully written Lura!
XO Kris
Your post touched my heart.
I loved your "A" post Lura. You always touch my heart whenever you post. You are a wonderful example for me. I am looking forward to every day of your posts. I miss it when you don't post so getting to read 26 in a row will be a real treat for me! xxoo
Visiting from A/Z; so glad I did! I have 2 adopted children, when they were younger, I would wonder about their birth moms, how it must have been to place them for adoption. They are both over 18 and I have encouraged them if interested to try to find their birth parents, currently neither are interested. I frankly would be curious.
betty
Clicked on your link in the A to Z Challenge sign up and so glad I did! What a wonderful heart touching post! Can't wait to read more.....
Clicked on your link in the A to Z Challenge sign up and so glad I did! What a wonderful heart touching post! Can't wait to read more.....
Clicked on your link in the A to Z Challenge sign up and so glad I did! What a wonderful heart touching post! Can't wait to read more.....
Post a Comment