Lynell and Lonica
In the Old Testament Moses is given a list of commandments that we should all live by. Deuteronomy 6:5 tells us to "Love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all they soul, and with all thy might." John 14:15 tells us the way that we show we love God is by keeping his commandments.Our actions speak louder than words. We may claim to love God but it means little if we are not living a God centered life.
In the Old Testament Moses is given a list of commandments that we should all live by. Deuteronomy 6:5 tells us to "Love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all they soul, and with all thy might." John 14:15 tells us the way that we show we love God is by keeping his commandments.Our actions speak louder than words. We may claim to love God but it means little if we are not living a God centered life.
In the New Testament Jesus tells us to Love one Another .
One of my favorite scriptures is John 13:34-35
“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another, as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples , if ye have love one to another.”
If we profess to be disciples of Jesus Christ we must have love in our hearts for others. We must care about all of Heavenly Father’s children. We are told this not once in scripture but 8 times.
John 15:12, Romans 13:13, 1Thessalonians 4:9, 1Peter 1:22, 1John 3:11,
1John 4:11, and 2 John 1:5 all tell us to Love one Another. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if all of us obeyed this commandment! There would not be sad news like we see on the news every day if we all could find love in our hearts instead of hate.
Two of my special L loves are my daughter, Lynell and her daughter, Lonica.
Lynell is my firstborn. She has been a joy to me since the day she was born. She is a wonderful daughter, sister, wife and mother. She is also very talented.
She taught herself to be a professional photographer and a dance teacher/choreographer. She did not study either of these areas in college but has made both profitable businesses for her. I love watching her teach. Her little dancers always do well in competitions.
I introduced you to our Loni in my D is for Dance post.
She is Lynell’s youngest child and only girl. After having 4 boys Lynell could not have had a more girly, girl.
(I'm using this picture again just because I love it. It is a Grammy thing.)
She is our princess but …..
Loni is a Queen in the dance world. She wins the title of Queen (high points winner) in almost every competition she is in. She has so many trophies that they have to store them in the garage now because they don’t fit in the house.
Her 17 year old brother Johnny, who is a gymnast teases her about all of her big trophies. He says that it is not fair that he trains at the gym 4 to 6 hours a day, 6 days a week, and all he gets is medals…. and she gets 5 ft. tall trophies. ( I think he makes a point.)
I guess that you can tell that this Grammy adores her L girls…. not only because they are beautiful and talented but because they love the Lord and they are good people.
These are the top of my L list. What do you love?
p.s. In case you are wondering none of my kids or grands inherited their athletic abilities from me…. I don’t have an ounce of athletic ability.








4 comments:
Very talented daughter and grand daughter you have here (and of course all your children/grandchildren). That is interesting too now that you mentioned it with trophies versus medals. Easier to store the medals I do believe! All are great for the achievements though!
The scriptures you listed here are some of my favorites too. I truly do believe, like you, if we would just simply love as Jesus loved, the world truly would be such a better, kinder, peaceful, nicer place.
Love Jesus, my family, my crazy dog :)
betty
I am glad you showed that picture again because it is beautiful and shows the meaning of "Dance". Your grand daughter looks like your daughter. Love is special and often misused (I don't love sneakers or the latest fashion. I love my family, my friends and my animals and nature. I love the beauty of a rose, the great art of Rubens and Rembrandt and the music of Beethoven and Jerome Kern.
That dance photo of Loni is stunning. You must be so proud of her and all your family.
What a lovely family you have! Beautiful, talented, and athletic. You have reason to be very proud.
We have a bit in common. My Richard and I married in 1963 and are retired. His picture is also always on my home page. I am a Granny, and, of course, my children are talented and beautiful, as well.
I found you on the A-Z list.
Post a Comment