Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A to Z Challenge…. B is for Blooms

A2Z-BADGE-0002014-small_zps8300775c
B is for Blooms
IMG_2673
I’ve been sick for all of this year so far. I am pretty much down  most of the time now while recovering  at home  after  spending  3 weeks in the hospital. However, yesterday I felt strong enough to take a little walk around our yard. I was pleasantly surprised at all the pretty blossoms that greeted me.
My blog friend, Marlene, says “ Where flowers bloom there is hope.”
IMG_2671IMG_2672
Nothing was blooming when I went into the hospital weeks ago
IMG_2670IMG_2675
but I see pretty blooms everywhere I look now.
IMG_2677IMG_2678
They make my heart smile.
IMG_2679IMG_2681
How can I be discouraged about my health when my little plants
IMG_0586IMG_0653
are doing their best to give me beautiful blooms and make me happy???
I’ve been too sick to fertilize them, prune them or care for them and yet they are blooming their hearts out.  It is spring….. a time for new hope and new life. I am thankful for my pretty blooms. I am going to try to follow their good example and like them…. Bloom where I am planted. Even when situations are not ideal (like the lack of care my plants have received this year) I must do my best to brighten the world around me and make it a better place. I hope that you are blooming too.
Hugs, Grammy Lura

11 comments:

Glenda Funk said...

What a wonderful,hopeful, colorful post. We have had snow twice this week, and while I can see the tulips sprouting, they have not yet bloomed.

#BloggingAtoZ

betty said...

So sorry you've been under the weather for the majority of this year; I do hope you feel better soon! What pretty blossoms though!

betty

Unknown said...

Stopping by to return your kind visit to the Crazy Town in Looney Land blog. I love your beautiful pictures! So sorry you're feeling sick, hope that turns around!

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, my dear friend, I cannot imagine you ever doing anything but bloom where you are planted. You are a beautiful example to me, always. xxoo

Nilanjana Bose said...

Hello,

Here from the A-Z. Your post on blooms is inspirational. It takes patience to bloom where one is planted. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best wishes,
Nilanjana.
Madly-in-Verse

Buttercup said...

Lura, you are a beautiful flower. I was thrilled this week to find spring flowers blooming in our local community garden. Love the first flowers of spring. They come up when we haven't seen a flower in months and against such odds.

You're in my prayers and heart.

Anonymous said...

Love this post, and I hope you'll feel better soon. You've some amazing plants around, thanks for the pics!
Andrea, #atozchallenge Mighty Minion Asset

Cathy Kennedy said...

I hope you are in better health soon. I know what it is like to be whipped by an illness. Last spring, I was sick for months and then hospitalized for 2-weeks which led to surgery. Thankfully, I am recovered and good as new. Visiting your lovely garden made me smile this morning. Saying a prayer that your energy returns soon. Nice to meet you through the #a2zchallenge!

Teresa Cypher said...

Thank you for the photographic journey through your blooms. I hope your recovery comes on swift wings! I'm in PA, too. Glad winter is waning and spring is showing up. Wonderful that you had enough energy to take walk to see your flowers. :-)

Paula said...

I like this post....where flowers bloom there will be hope

Cheryl Wright said...

Loved this!