This is the 20th day of our A to Z Challenge. We are up to the letter T.
I’ve chosen one of my favorite things to write about for my T post….. Tea Parties…..
Mormons don’t drink caffeinated teas or coffee but I really enjoy herbal teas and they work just fine for my tea parties.
As a little girl I was alone a lot after my father left because my mom had to work and couldn’t afford a baby sitter. Times were different then. My mother did the best that she could and I got by just fine. However, I was lonely at times. One year, mom gave me a little tea set. It was not fancy but each little cup and saucer was a different color and I thought they were beautiful. I spent many a play time having pretend tea parties with my dolls to pass the time away until my mom would get home from work. I have sweet memories of mom joining me at times when she got home, even though she was so tired, for an imaginary cup of tea.
Is it any wonder that I started collecting tea cups when I got older? I think not
I was first introduced to a “real” high tea by my friends Jan and Kris. I loved it. I had been having tea parties with my grand girls before that but after visiting Barbara’s Tea House I decided that I needed to step it up a notch or two. From then on, I’ve tried to make our herbal tea parties special.
One time, Jan came over and we spent the whole day making tea party goodies.
I rarely throw together make shift, p-nut butter & jelly sandwich , tea parties any more…. no, no, no… and…
My little grand girls caught the tea party spirit and love to help me prepare special treats.
We have a tea party almost every time Claire spends the night with us. I showed her some cake decorating techniques and she caught on quickly.
It has become a tradition to have a tea party when my other grand girls come from out of state to visit.
We set the table as nicely as we can, make pretty sandwiches and treats
and pretend we are royalty.
I’m the queen and the girls are the princesses.
We have so much fun making and eating our delicacies .
I hope that I am creating sweet memories for my precious grand girls…I know I am for me.
Whether it is just Claire with me or the whole group, we love our herbal tea parties.
My friends like playing tea party with me too.
Sometimes they come to my house….
… and sometimes I go to theirs.
This lovely tea party was hosted by Kris. She made Jan and me feel like royalty for sure.
The Woman’s Improvement Club I belong to also has tea parties from time to time. My friends Jan and Sil attended this one with me.
There are always all sorts of delicious treats which are beautifully presented.
Our club teas are always well attended. I guess we never get to old to enjoy a tea party.
Do you enjoy making and attending tea parties?
Hugs, Grammy Lura







8 comments:
What beautiful, fun tea parties! So creative, and such great memories you are creating too!
Enjoyed all your tea pa
rties! I had fun visiting today!
You are indeed a Queen! I too like tea parties. I have a friend who used to do them. High tea was a treat when she did it. You can drink tea at my house it is always decaf. Coffee is too after 2 pm. Loved this post and I don't think you need to worry one bit about leaving memories. Not at all
I have never done a tea party but I love tea cups and will have an herbal tea in them on occasion. You grandchildren will remember this fondly in years to come as one can see the joy it brings. The food and baked goods look really yummy
Oh how sweet! No, I have never been to or had a tea party, but it looks like a lot of fun with lots of delicious goodies!
betty
I love tea parties.
This is so, so sweet! <3 I don't think I've ever had a tea party, but I'd love to meet you and have a tea party in person someday. :) Love and hugs!
Post a Comment