Saturday, April 19, 2014

a to z 2
Q is for Quick and  Quaker
 I am in a  rush…. It is midnight and I am going to turn into a pumpkin at any minute.... but I think I can do my A to Z  if I am really quick about it.

So my Quick Q blog is about Quaker Oats
(I know that I am being Quite unoriginal but I can't think of another Q.) 
IMG_0601
Oat are really good for you so we have them for breakfast several times a week. We like the old fashioned oats… not the instant or microwave kind.
IMG_0602
We nearly always add blueberries, cranberries, raisins, nuts, or apples to our oatmeal.  It is so yummy and  healthy at the same time.
IMG_0603
Yes in deed…. a breakfast of oatmeal with fruit and little butter and brown sugar just can’t be beat. Add some cinnamon toast and a glass of milk and you have a feast.
And that my friends is my Quick, Quite unoriginal post for the letter Q.
I am quite interested to see what you posted for Q.


Hugs, Lura

9 comments:

Bonnie Gwyn said...

Whenever I see Quaker Oats, I feel warm and familiar - because we've always had them in our home. :) Just one of those things!

Anonymous said...

I love oatmeal for breakfast! My favorite is cinnamon and raisins. They came out with a new brand, you add milk then microwave (I know not your thing). It's delicious!!

Elsie
AJ's wHooligan in the A-Z Challenge

Sybil said...

Mary and I enjoy our Quaker Oats as well..make porridge many mornings but as true Scots we only have salt on our porridge !!
I have given up on my blog a long time ago..if I had still been at it my Q might have been Quiet ..for quiet times !! my fav. time of the day


betty said...

Your Q is very original! First one I've seen of Quaker Oats! I too like oatmeal with the fixings as you listed here!

Happy Easter!

betty

Birgit said...

hahaha-love your post and more people need to eat the original Quaker Oats. When I was quite ill with peritonitis all I could eat was Oats-I was craving that. Glad you don't eat the quick kind as that is too full of sugar and stuff. Happy Easter!!

LeAnn said...

Oh my, I am going to have to go back and read your Alphabet posts. I loved them last time.
I am hoping you are feeling better. You are in my prayers, always.
I am still on a blog vacation of sorts but couldn't resist doing something for Easter.
Wishing you a very sweet Easter day.
Blessings, love and hugs!

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, I have just spent time catching up with all of your posts. I've read each of them with a huge SMILE on my face. It is impossible for me to read your words and not smile. You are such a treasure. I love oats for breakfast and they are so good for you. I loved all of your posts, and the photographs. I feel bad that because of our finances I was not able to send you anything when you were in the hospital recently except for my prayers and love. I am such a bad friend. I feel sad about that and it doesn't make me smile, but I hope that you know how much I love you and cherish you. You are a dear sweet lady and I always love all of your thoughts. You inspire me with your cheerful nature and your kind and loving heart. If I could be half the woman you are then I would be happy. xxoo

Patricia Stoltey said...

My favorite way to eat oatmeal (old-fashioned oats, of course) is with brown sugar and milk (or sometimes fat free half and half). So good and so healthy.

Suzy said...

I used to have Quaker Oats when I was very little. Still love oats but haven't had them for a long time. Perhaps tomorrow's breakfast. Thanks for the reminder. Dropping by from AtoZ