G is for Gymnastics
Gymnastics is my favorite sport… and this is why.
Every since our grandson, Johnny, was a little boy he has loved gymnastics.
For years he has worked very hard, for hours a day at the gym, with the dream of being in the Olympics one day.
This is Johnny when he was about 7 years old.
This is Johnny today at 17 years old. He is getting much closer to his Olympic dream.
Last summer he qualified to compete at the P&G Championships. He came in 7th in the nation overall and 3rd in the nation on the parallel bars. He got the best present ever on his 17th birthday last Sept. He got a call from the president of the USA Olympic committee inviting him to be on the USA National Jr. Gymnastics team. Johnny is thrilled to represent the USA in competition.
Can you tell by the smile on his face that at his first international competition the USA boys brought home the gold.
I love watching him compete…..
…but I admit I am a nervous wreck the whole time.
This sweet boy has sacrificed so much to get where he is in gymnastics. We love him dearly and are so proud of him.
It has been a long, hard road to develop his muscles and skills.
God willing, maybe his dream of representing the country he loves in the Olympics will come true one day. I hope so.
If you want to see some of his competitions you can go to his web site at
johnnyjacobson.com
Gymnastics is surely my favorite sport. What is yours?
Hugs, Grammy Lura







15 comments:
Good luck to your grandson. this is a lovely post. With such supportive family I am sure he will make it.
Visiting from A to Z challenge:)
I love to see the gymnasts on the rings - such pure strength! You must be real proud :)
Teaching English with Mr. Duncan
A-Z of hotels
Wow! What a wonderful story! Yes, I hope he makes it to the Olympics. (I have a feeling he will!) This is an excellent blog post. I'll share it at Twitter!
Precious Monsters
So neat to see his hard work and dedication to the sport paying off with getting chosen for that team! I do hope he continues to advance in pursuing his gymnastic goals! How neat too that you are able to be there and watch some of his performances!
betty
That is just awesome! Thanks for sharing!! Whoot! Whoot! (that was me cheering him on)
http://www.frankiesbookshelf.com/
Congrats to your grandson and good luck to him. You must be a real proud grandmom.
I hope he makes it to the Olympics. I will have to remember his name and watch for him. He looks so good and muscular. I especially loved the men's gymnastics
So awesome! Good luck to him. :) It's so amazing what the human mind and body can accomplish.
This post was amazing! The rest of your post are amazing as well. I love your blog and I plan to follow you along the way. I'm so glad I came by. :)
When I saw today's word I really expected to see you performing! But what a lovely boy your grandson is - thank you for sharing.
Yes, I've saved your blog in my favourites!
Hi Lura, I haven't been on the computer much lately but I just read all your blogging A to Z and the ones in between...tons of wonderful photos and lots of things (blooms) and people to be proud of. Your blog is still my most favorite and I'll try to drop by more often. God bless you and John and sending lots of prayers as always. Love you, Jan
Those are quite the pictures of a happy grandson! God sure has gifted him with some special talents.
Donna Smith
The A-to-Z Challenge
http://mainelywrite.blogspot.com
Mainely Write
Wow! I'd be a nervous wreck, too. Gymnastics scare me! But congratulations to him and to you for all he's accomplished!
Rebecca at The Ninja Librarian
That would be so exciting to watch. I love everything Olympics and always watch the men and women's events. I'll keep my fingers crossed he makes it to the 2016 team.
I have no doubt that one day we will all be cheering Johnny on as he steps up to the podium to receive his winning Olympic Gold Medal. He is so talented and he works so hard. Such hard work should never go un-recognized. Plus he is a nice boy on top of it all. Way to go JOhnny!
Post a Comment