We made it through our 1st week of A to Z. I am so happy that I have met some new blog friends. Thank you for stopping by and saying hello. I will always return your visit. Today we are up to the letter F.
Click this badge if you would like to read other A to Z blogs.
F is for Family
Is anything more important or valuable than family and friends???
I think not!
We took this picture at our annual family reunion last summer. This is our all of our immediate family minus our 3 oldest grandsons….
….Jordan, who was working on a job out of state….
….Justin, who was in the army getting certified to be a medic…. and…
…Jalen, who is in Chile for 2 years serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints.
I can’t begin to tell you how precious these dear ones are to me. My hopes and dreams are all tied up with them.
Here is a closer look at each family.
This is our oldest daughter Lynell’s family. This picture was taken before Jalen left on his mission. They live in Utah.
This is our daughter Mindy’s family. They are the only ones that live near us here in California. We are so glad to have them close by us.
This is our daughter Erin’s family. They live in Utah.
This is our son David’s family. They also live in Utah.
(Note: Our 3 kids that we sent to BYU to college all ended up staying in Utah. What is up with that???)
If we get on the I15 freeway by our home and drive 700 miles northeast we arrive at our Utah kid’s homes. We make the trip so often our car can practically drive itself there. Health permitting, we usually get together 4 or 5 times a year….and… I’d like to go even more often.
Every summer we all go camping together on the Snake River in Wyoming
We take our raft and have a great time going white water river rafting. Being together at the river is one of the highlights of our year.
Thanksgiving is another highlight for us. All the kids come to our home for Thanksgiving. I love having them come.
We are all members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. A part of our Mormon doctrine teaches us that families can be together forever. When the sacred marriage ordinance is performed in one of our temples it is for “time and all eternity”….. not …. “until death do you part.” We believe we will be a family unit forever. That means everything to me.
If you would like to learn more about our beliefs go to mormon.org .
F is also for friends
I am also very thankful for good friends that enrich my life…. including blog and Facebook friends. I don’t know what I would do without you.
Friends have been so good to me and helped me get through this blood cot and liver infection.
Friends brighten your day and make life so sweet.
I could post dozens of pictures of dear friends but this post is too long… so..
… I will end by saying …… I am blessed with wonderful friends and I am so thankful. I hope that family and friends bless your life too.
Hugs, Grammy Lura







10 comments:
what a lovely blog that has been, It is so wonderful to see a whole family that truly loves to be with each other these days. You and John are truly blessed, as are the rest of the family to have had such good parents. Bless you ALL...and thank you for your wonderful friendship xxx
What a beautiful family you have! So true about family and so true about friends; a blessing to have an abundance of both!
betty
Family and Friends! Yes, indeed! The most precious of all!
xo Kris
Family and friends are so precious <3 Thanks for sharing pictures and stories! So sweet. :) I'm so grateful that we don't have to face "Til death do us part."
I hope you loved Conference as much as I did. :) I'd say it was the best one yet! Thank you for the beautiful comment you left on my blog. :) I may not physically know you, but I love you too!!
You are a very lucky lady
Good looking family.
You have a lovely family!
Bless you all. I also come from a big family and have a pretty big one of my own though only one grandchild so far. Thanksgiving is special at our house.
That is a very large family Grammy!
All those grandsons with names beginning with J... do you ever get mixed up? I would! One day I'll have grandchildren too and am looking forward to it.
I am blessed to call you friend Lura. Friends are family you get to choose for yourself. Having said that you have a lovely family. xxoo
Post a Comment