Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A to Z Challenge….. U is for Unheard of…

a to z 2

I have been undecided about what to post for the letter U.

I was thinking of skipping it but I think that wouldn’t be fair since I we are suppose to do every letter and post every day…. so…

A2Z-BADGE-0002014-small_zps8300775c

For my U post I am going to tell you some U words that before now have been Unheard of by me. Maybe they are Unheard of  by you too.  I am using The American College Dictionary  as my source. How many of these word do you know?

1.  UBIETY ………n….. The state of being in a definite place; local reaction

2.  UDO ………n………A plant cultivated in China and Japan for it’s edible shoots.

3.  UIGUR ……n………A member of the Turkish race from the 8th to the 12th century; Turkic language of northwestern Mongolia

4.  ULLAGE ……n…….The loss of wine or spirits from  it’s container caused by leakage or evaporation

5.  ULMACEOUS …….adj……….belonging to the elm family of trees and shrubs

How did you do?  All of these words are new to me….. they were totally Unheard of  in my vocabulary. … Well now I know them. I don’t know if I will ever use any of them…. except….. maybe they will help me when I play my next Words with Friends game or Hanging with Friends.

I hope you have an unprecedented good day.  Hugs, Lura

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very clever Grammy! I think there's only one I may be able to use in an everyday conversation and that would be the leaky wine :)

Sally said...

I haven't heard of these words either, nor can I think when I could use them in conversation.

Dee @ A Deecoded Life said...

What a clever save for U! I also had never heard of these words!

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Perfect post for the letter U and I had not heard of any of those words either. :)

Birgit said...

I don't believe I have heard of these words but the last one is a fun one. I like different words like Spelunking-just a fun word. Great post-Utterly charming:)

Paula said...

I have never heard of a single one of those U words either.

Karen Mortensen said...

I haven't heard of any of these either but maybe I think I might have heard of number 2.

Kris said...

Lura, I am just amazed at what all you have been through! You poor thing! It is awful.
I do hope you are feeling better each and every day!
XO Kris