Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A to Z challenge.... Z is for Oozing and zzz






For today's challenge I am cheating a little bit. I am going to use oozing for my Z post because our 12 year old grand daughter Claire is oozing with talent.... and...
... she makes my heart ooze with pride joy.  I could not find a way to upload a recent video of her singing when I featured her on my O for Opera post.... but I did it today.

 Please click on the video at the top of this post and listen to her. I think you will be surprised at what a beautiful, mature voice this young girl has. She amazes me.

 I apologize that the video picture is blurry. My little camera would not focus with the spot light on Claire. However, I bet you will think it is worth watching, in spite of the poor picture, when you hear her voice. Let me know what you think.

Now that our A to Z challenge is over I'm going to go get some ZZZ... I should sleep well tonight since I don't have to wonder what I will post about tomorrow.
I have enjoyed doing this challenge even though it has been a lot of work. The best part was getting to know some new blog friends. I hope that you will continue to drop by and visit me. I usually post once a week. I plan to keep visiting you.
Happy Blogging
Hugs, Grammy Lura

19 comments:

Marcy said...

I'm very happy to have found your blog during the A to Z! You do have a very beautiful and talented granddaughter, and have every right to be proud of her. Hope you have a wonderful night's sleep!

betty said...

She is really good! She carries herself well too; has lots of poise! When I was listening to her sing, it was hard to remember she was 12 years old!

WTG for finishing the challenge! I do plan to keep reading you; I too usually only post about every week to 10 days :)

betty

Birgit said...

It is morning for me and I am sitting here going through the last day for the A to Z and have been privileged to listen to your amazing granddaughter. I don't believe she is 12 I think she must be at least 35 in a 12 yr old's body:) beautiful voice of an angel and her poise and elegance shows through. You should be proud. I will get some ZZZZ's too now and continue to make more cards and, of course, will drop in when you post-Have a wonderful day!

Sally said...

What a lovely voice your granddaughter has, she will go far in her life with a talent like that.

Karen Mortensen said...

Wow. Congratulations on doing the challenge.

Helen Baggott said...

What an incredibly talented girl - her voice is so powerful.

Thanks for all your lovely posts for the Challenge - it's been fun to follow you.

Lisa Mandina said...

Wow, she is good! And what a great post. I have a niece now, and I feel that way about her. As I'll probably never have grandchildren (no children) I plan to just spoil this girl. If you have time, and want to, you can check out my Z post.

Patricia Stoltey said...

Your granddaughter has a beautiful voice. What a lovely, talented family you have.

Unknown said...

Love your final post. ooZing works for me. Beautiful grand-daughter and love that you ooZe with pride for her. Enjoy your zzzzs and congrats on finishing the challenge. Maria, Delight Directed Living

Stephanie Faris said...

OMG...12? She's amazing. And I love that dress. I have a feeling we'll be seeing her name in lights someday.

Bonnie Gwyn said...

Wow! I can't believe she's 12! :) She's amazing. Cheers to making it through the challenge! <3

bettyj said...

As I have commented before she is something else and is ooooozing with talent. What will her famous name be?

Sylvia Ney said...

Congratulations on successfully finishing this challenge! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z", and I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

peppylady (Dora) said...

Sure glad the A to Z challenge is behind us. You have a pretty grand'daughter.

Coffee is on

LeAnn said...

Oh, Lura your granddaughter is amazing. Her voice is so mature. What a gift she has been blessed with.
I am back to reading blogs again. I plan to go back and catch up on all that you have been blogging. I have popped in here and there just to make sure you are doing ok. You have been in my prayers and will continue to be. I hope you are back feeling much better.
Love, hugs, prayers and blessings just for you!

Paula said...

Your granddaughters voice is amazing for only being 12. And she is beautiful as well. I paused for some zzzzzz's and then started another challenge. I know, I am crazy!

Birgit said...

Hello-I actually nominated you for the Liebster award because I found your blog and you very sweet and enchanting and hope you can partake and don't mind doing so:)

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, I am playing catch up this morning. I think Claire is such a talented girl. Todd was amazed at her voice when I showed him the video. I am sure this is only the beginning of a very wonderful career for her. You have some very talented people in your family. No surprise there. Look at you and John! xxoo

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wow! What a voice and personality. I can't believe she's only 12. She looks so poised and professional. Yo must be very, very proud of her.