K is for Kindness
At the very top of my K list is Kindness. Is any K better than Kindness??? I think not.![]() |
| Go to http:// www.a-to-zchallenge.com to read other A to Z blogs. |
The world would be such a wonderful place if all of us could just be kind to each other….. kind in our words and expressions….. kind in our actions.
The Golden Rule," Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." is the best advice any of us could follow. My life has been blessed with Kindness. In return I try to always be kind in my actions. As I mentioned in yesterday's J post, doing nice things for others brings us joy.
The Golden Rule," Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." is the best advice any of us could follow. My life has been blessed with Kindness. In return I try to always be kind in my actions. As I mentioned in yesterday's J post, doing nice things for others brings us joy.
After our accident 3 years ago I was overwhelmed with the amount of kindness showered upon us. Acts of loving care and sacrifice touched my heart and aided in my healing. My friend, Sil, caught the first plane to Utah and stayed by my side for 9 days. (Sil is very sick now. I wish I could go to her.)
Family and friends came to encourage me and cheer me up. One day the doctors broke the ICU rules and let my whole family come in for a little while.
Cards began to pile into my intensive care room and fill up the walls. My friend Jan sent me a card every day I was in the hospital.
Gifts started arriving too. Some from blog friends that I had never even met in person. Again…. my heart was touched by the kindness.
.
During the 6 weeks I was in the hospital I received 138 cards and letters. The kindness continued after I got home and was in bed recovering for months. I was and still am thankful for all the kindness shown me during that difficult recovery time.
That was in 2011. What about 2014??
I would have thought that after doing so much 3 years ago, my friends would be worn out and done!... but... I was mistaken.
You would think they would be tired of doing nice things for me but they keep pouring on the kindness.
![]() |
| Family at Kaiser Hospital Feb. 2014 |
For those new to my blog, I've been sick at home or in the hospital this whole year.
I got severe sepsis and my liver infected with strep after having my gall bladder out the 1st week of January. I also developed a large blood clot. Friends flocked to the hospital once again.
![]() |
| My 1st room was on the 5th floor. My next room was on the 3rd floor. Both were in that back section of the hospital. |
Now mind you, Kaiser hospital is not an easy place to get to patient rooms.
![]() |
| View of the parking lot from my room. |
It is hard to find a place to park and then you have to walk a mile to get into the hospital. It is a real effort to visit a patient at Kaiser. I really appreciate those who came to see me. I know that it was especially hard for my older friends.
Here are some of the ones who blessed me with their kindness.
(You can scroll down fast and skip these pictures if they bore you. I'm putting them in to help me remember who came to visit. Of course I didn't get pictures of everyone.)
![]() |
| Donnette and family (not pictured) |
![]() |
| Louann and Darrell (not pictured) |
![]() |
| Judie and Ken (not pictured) |
![]() |
| Ruth, Kris, Karen, Michelle and Paul |
![]() |
| Cheryl |
![]() |
| My grands.... Austin and Claire (My daughter Mindy took the picture.) |
![]() |
| Carolyn's visit from Texas March 2014 |
![]() |
| 89 year old Myrese carried these heavy roses all the way in from the parking lot. |
![]() |
| Debby |
![]() |
| Pres. and Sis. Morgan |
![]() |
| Jung Hee and Susan. Jung is battling cancer and chemo now but still came to visit me. |
![]() |
| Taking a walk with my sweetheart and grands |
![]() |
| Kathy |
![]() | |
| Maureen |
![]() |
| My grand girl Claire put up my cards for me |
Once again cards came to cheer me.....
..... and my room looked like a flower shop.
The nurses and doctors were also caring and kind.
The visits, card and call keep coming now that I am home and mean so much to me.
Once again I have been bathed in kindness and I feel blessed.
I believe that Kindness has been as important to my recovery as was the medical treatment I've been given.
I hope that I will always follow the examples of my friends and family and show kindness to others. I hope that the little acts of kindness I can offer will bless the lives of others as much as kindness has blessed mine.
Lets all take advantage of the many opportunities that are around us to be kind.
Have a great day. Hugs, Grammy Lura



























13 comments:
You have been shown such kindness!
Hope you feel better every day!
xo Kris
How lucky you are to be blessed with so many who love you! I wish I lived closer. Sorry you've had such a rough start to this year; I'm hoping that it soon turns around for you, Lura. I think of you often, and you're in my prayers. Hugs,
Tara
It's lovely to come across your blog and your beautiful smiling face ... you're an inspiration. I hope you get well soon. Fil
All of these pictures and stories warmed my heart. :) You have such great support! <3 *Hugs* And I would love to meet you too! :)
Your posts are always so uplifting - even when you must have been feeling dreadful, you look so positive.
It is so difficult when one is ill but one's heart is filled when one has family and friends and even strangers who offer words or simply a hug-kindness heals and always needed. You are blessed with this for sure. All the best and may each day be better and better
After all you've been through you are still thinking about others. It goes to show that what you sow is what you reap! All that kindness you put out there in the universe has come back to you Grammy.
There is nothing better than kindness. Your post was so heartwarming. It's great to have some many loved ones around you when your need their love and support. Thank you for sharing your story with us as well as all the pictures of your loved ones. :)
Kindness is a wonderful thing to receive and to give. Hope you are feeling better each day
It only proves how "kind" YOU are because you get back what you give! Sorry I have not been more attentive...had pneumonia...laid me up for almost a month.
Still working on my house...hope to post this week!
Take good care of yourself, Lura, your Doctors are probably tired of seeing you so give someone else a chance. Keep well my friend. Love & Hugs, Joy
I too believe the kindess of your family and friends aided immensely in your recovery; I'm sure having the visit from your whole family in ICU was very good "medicine" back then!
Several other bloggers featured Kindness/Kind for the letter K; I think the world definitely could benefit from more kindness indeed!
betty
definitely no shortage of kindness and friends and family who love you(and we love you too!) i can't imagine going through what you are going through..i'm sure it just seems neverending. good thing for the hope and knowledge of the resurrection and perfect bodies someday! i know that doesn't take away the pain and suffering but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel :( we think of you and pray for you often!!! xoxo hoLLy
May god bless. With kind people around U I think u can fight any thing
I hope u r better now
Post a Comment