Thursday, April 3, 2014

A to Z Challenge…. D is for Dancing

a to z 2
A2Z-BADGE-0002014-small_zps8300775c
My 3 favorite Ds are
IMG_0325IMG_8245
my son David, my grandson Davey
DSCF0039DSCF0067
and my son-in-law Dathan.
They all make my heart sing and I would love to tell you about them…. but… I used them in last year’s A to Z challenge…. so today….
D is for Dancing
531018_10151342453914296_61062522_n
This is my granddaughter, Lonica.
426398_10151342456929296_312821692_n486660_10151342456989296_1902616787_n
She is a beautiful dancer.
Dance queen May 12IMG_4271
She is always winning dance competitions and bringing home trophies.
dancing 1IMG_0072
Not all of us can be beautiful dancers like Loni, but it is still fun to dance.
IMG_0069IMG_0071
Next time you get a chance, get up and dance. It makes you feel good and it is a fun way to get some exercise .
IMG_0198
You don’t have to know the steps …. just move to the music.
IMG_0057dancing 2
You can grab a partner, young or old, and have fun on the dance floor…
dancing 3
….or…..You can just dance by yourself. I like to get up and dance while I’m watching the TV show “Dancing with the Stars” I may get some funny looks from my hubby but I have fun and get good exercise.  Dancing is also good for chasing away the blues. It is almost impossible to be sad when you dancing around to good music.
Go ahead and try it. You will find that I am right.
Have fun dancing your way through life.
Hugs, Grammy Lura

12 comments:

lyndagrace said...

Hello,
I’m visiting from the A-Z challenge.
I love this post. It’s kind of hard not to tap your foot at least when dance music comes on.
The photos of your granddaughter are beautiful.

Megan said...

Sweet post. I love to dance and love to watch talented dancers.

betty said...

You have lots of wonderful D's in your family! And Lonica looks like a beautiful young woman! I love her name! I have not heard of it before, very pretty and talented! Funny you mentioned to get up and dance. I was just thinking of doing that the other day for more exercise; to put some music on and just "shake that body"

enjoy today!

betty

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Wow! The pictures of your granddaughter dancing are incredible!

Bonnie Gwyn said...

Those pictures of Lonica are breathtaking. :) I always wanted to dance, but I never pursued it. But moving to a beat is still one of my favorite things to do. :) I think it comes from early childhood, when my dad would dance me around on his feet to songs from Fiddler on the Roof. :) <3

Mark Means said...

Howdy, I'm popping over from the A to Z page and loved your post.

I used to do some country line dancing, when I was younger, and it really is great exercise. Of course you never feel it until the next day :)

You have a great looking family and have fun A to Z'ing!

Paula said...

My husband and I were big dancers back in the 'day'. Your granddaughter Loni is beautiful. We are new to Dancing With The Stars this year. And are really enjoying it for the most part

Robin said...

Great blessings! I bet you will fill the whole month with alphabetical blessings from God!

Birgit said...

Oh I love to dance. I love dancing with the Stars and I love musicals from Fred to gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse. Your Granddaughter looks great and that one picture of her in the air and her back arched and the placement of her limbs-sheer poetry in motion. I decided to look who was last on this blog and glad I did:)

Marie Rayner said...

I love to dance Lura. Todd has two left feet or so he says. I would not know because we have never had the opportunity to dance with each other. I am like you sometimes, I just dance by myself. What is that saying, "Dance like you think nobody is watching." That's me! xxoo

Cheryl Wright said...

Great blog post, as usual!

Patricia Stoltey said...

I love watching Dancing With the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance. No talented dancers in my family though. You're a lucky grammy.