My friend Carol who lives in Buttercup land is doing some fun blogging this month called the Blogging A to Z challenge. Each day she will feature something different. (Hop over to her blog and take a look)
She invited us to try it…. so I think I will. I may not get through the whole alphabet but I will give it my best. This is a big deal for me since I normally only blog once a week. Why don’t you join me in this challenge??? Just leave me a comment and I will come visit you and list your blog for others to see.
So here I go…….. A is for Austin
One of the blessings of our retiring from teaching in 2007 was we got to babysit our 2 year old Austin while his mommy went to work.
It wasn’t long before he had completely captured our hearts and taken over our days with all sorts of backyard adventures…. and…
quiet inside times.
There were many fun trips to Knott’s Berry Farm. (We bought season tickets and he talked us into taking him there almost every week.)
Our outings almost always included a ride on the train and lunch of good, healthy fun food like this one.
We attended story time and craft time at the public library every Monday morning.
We watched “Cars” and “Thomas the Train” together at least a 1,000 a million times.
And then before we knew it….
He started growing into a big boy. One minute he was dragging his blankie around the house and rocking with me….. and I no more than turned around and he was 5 and ready for school. How did those 3 precious years we had him to ourselves several days a week go by so quickly????
I was afraid that he might forget about our special years together when he went off to school and didn’t stay with us anymore…… and…. maybe he has forgotten a lot of it…. but… we have a special bond with our Austin. He just turned 8 and he still loves to come over and stay with us. Just last week he called on Sat. morn and ask if he could come over and spend the day and night with us. Of course we said yes.
He loves to play Uno and Wii.
He still loves his outdoor adventures with Grampy….
…He texts me all the time…. even when we are in the same room.
Last night I made the mistake of joking with him and telling him I was going to sneak him away from his home and bring him home with me after dinner. He thought I was serious and cried when we left without him. I felt badly… I thought he knew I was teasing about kidnapping him. He has such a tender heart.
Austin makes my heart smile. Austin is my favorite letter A in the whole world.
What is your letter A?
Join me in this A to Z challenge… I can’t wait to read yours.
Hugs, Lura







5 comments:
Oh what a precious post Lura!!! He is adorable. How lucky we are!!!
xo Kris
Why my favourite "A" is Austin of course! How could anything or person that makes my best friend so happy not be my favourite thing?? I know how much you and John enjoyed taking care of Austin and how saw you were when he was old enough to go to school. I know he will always treasure those times spent with you, even if he may not outwardly remember them. They are stored in a special place in his heart, and I suspect strongly that they were just as special to him as they were to you! Love you! I will miss you when I am away. :-(
Fun time with grandchildren is so wonderful. Lots of great memories. My grandson stayed with us after school one year, we played Scrabble every afternoon! He will be 20 this month and we still enjoy those great memories!
Lura, what a sweet post. I'm enjoying doing the blog challenge and have been snapping pictures for the different letters. I've also been writing about a blogger every day and you will be Thursday's featured blogger.
he is sooo cute dear Lura and nice!l
love him!
Lura if you want call me I will be happy my phone is 56 02 2855 1768. anyway tell me by mail when to bw here you have my mail is gloriadelpilar_1994@yahoo.com.
I told you we are in autumn? and I think Osorno is more cold than Santiago but more beauty too lol
mail me when you want:)
Post a Comment