P is for Prayer, Patrick and Patios
Prayer is definitely at the top of my P list. My life has been greatly blessed through the power of prayer… both my prayers and the prayers of others.
After our car accident I felt prayers holding me together like a warm blanket. There is a peace of mind and calmness of spirit that only comes through prayer. I know that our loving Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. Prayer is regular part of my daily life. I hope that it is an important part of your life too.
…
Patrick
Patrick is married to our youngest daughter. They did not find each other until they were in their thirties…. but it was worth the wait. They are a darling, devoted couple and great parents to their 2 little adopted children. Patrick is a wonderful husband, father and son-in-law. We love him dearly and he loves us. We are so thankful that he is part of our family.
…
Our Patios are not as important to me as are Prayers and Patrick
but we do have 6 of them and they bring me pleasure.
Our biggest patio is right outside of our back door. We got this new patio table last year.
This is where we eat breakfast most of the time…. and other meals quite often. I am really glad that we have this table close to the back door. It makes eating outside a lot easier.
John designed and built all of our patio areas. This b-b-q kitchen area has been very useful through the years.
We also have a couple of sitting areas in the big patio that I enjoy using. I sit in the zero gravity chair many mornings to read my scriptures or play on my iPad.
Some evenings John and I sit out here together enjoying the greenery and listening to the chorus of bird songs.
We also have patios out by our pool.
Before we got the new table in the big patio, we ate out by the pool. It is prettier there but it is a lot more work carrying everything out so far. Now we only use the tables by the pool when we have parties.I enjoy my little pot plants.
I am not greatly gifted with a green thumb, but I try.
Putting the fire pit by the Jacuzzi was all John’s idea… and it was a great one. We have so much fun out there.
There is another small patio at the upper end of the pool and one in our side yard where I have my clothes line. The clothes line patio is not as pretty to look at but I love having a place to hang my clothes. Most of my friends only use a dryer but I like hanging my clothes outside in the fresh air.
Keeping the patios clean is quite a big job. We get a lot of wind in our area and since we have a lot of trees…. we get a ton of leaves blowing into our patios.
Our sweet grandson, EJ comes over from time to time to help us sweep them all up. We appreciate his help.
The patios and pool are a lot of work to keep up but I really love them and so do our grand kids. That is why Patios are on my P list.
No doubt about it…. both Prayer and Patios bless my life.
Hugs, Grammy Lura







4 comments:
Those are really beautiful pictures of your patio! Makes me want to swim in your pool!
Of course P would be prayer. What else? 6 patios!!! I cannot imagine the beauty of it all. You do so much as a family all that is just used with joy. I love reading your post.
Prayer for p is totally right! We need to be in prayer all the time.
Lovely family too!
sandie
I LOVED all of your pictures! I have to agree Prayer is at the top of my list!
I am following you officially, I did not see the obtion to follow until today. Could be a blonde moment. :)
Love to you....Carol
Post a Comment