K is for Kindness
In this A to Z challenge we are suppose to get Sunday off for good behavior, but I got behind so I don’t get a day off.
However, this letter is an easy one for me to do. At the very top of my K list is Kindness. Is any K better than Kindness??? I think not.
The world would be such a wonderful place if all of us could just be kind to each other….. kind in our words and expressions….. kind in our actions.
My life has been blessed with Kindness. Others have always been kind to me. But….. after our accident I was overwhelmed with the amount of kindness showered upon us. Acts of loving care and sacrifice touched my heart and aided in my healing. My friend, Sil, caught the first plane to Utah and stayed by my side for 9 days.
Family and friends came to encourage me and cheer me up. One day the doctors broke the ICU rules and let my whole family come in for a little while.
Cards began to pile into my intensive care room and fill up the walls. My friend Jan sent me a card every day I was in the hospital.
Gifts started arriving too. Some from blog friends that I had never even met in person. Again…. my heart was touched by the kindness.
When I was finally out of ICU, I could have flowers in my room which once again reminded me of the kindness of others.
During the 6 weeks I was in the hospital I received 138 cards and letters. I was and still am thankful for all the kindness shown me.
Once I got back home to California the kindness continued
During the 5 months I was down countless friends came to our aid.
They helped by cooking, cleaning, visiting and even doing my hair for me.
I wish I could show you all of them but there were so many it would take me all day to upload all of the pictures.
Family also continued to help and support. I was bathed in kindness.
I believe that Kindness was as important to my recovery as was the medical treatment I was given.
I hope that I will always follow the examples of my friends and family and show kindness to others. I hope that the little acts of kindness I can offer will bless the lives of others as much as kindness has blessed mine.
Lets all take advantage of the many opportunities that are around us to be kind. Have a great day. Hugs, Grammy Lura







9 comments:
It would be very difficult not to be kind to you, Lura. You are one of the loveliest women I know. Wishes to you and John for a wonderful week!
Aww this was heartwarming! You have truly kind friends but I don't think they would have been that kind if you weren't that way to you too.
You are truly blessed by so many that love you Lura!!! This was a delightful post!
xo Kris
I believe in trying to do something kind for someone else each day of my life. I try, but sometimes I just don't have the opportunity. Well I do lots of kindnesses for Todd each day, but I mean for others. You are so very loved Lura. That is such a special gift. Your Heavenly Father was surely making sure you felt His love every step of the way through your recovery. We are His hands here on earth. You are so blessed. XXOO
Kindness goes a long way! You are loved! I enjoyed the pictures of your beautiful family!
Carol
Wow, thank you for your kind comment on my blog - this is my first visit here and what a way to meet you. Yes you were surrounded by kindness and good people, those are the ones you attract.
I have to tell you there is a lot of kindness in those photos. I like to be kind too - it makes me feel good. Sandie
You are such an awesome friend. I can see why you have so many that love you so much. Kindness is such a wonderful word. If only our world was full of kindness what a difference it would make. This was such a lovely post.
Blessings, love and hugs dear friend. I do hope you are doing well; you have been through so much.
Your kindness is what makes it so easy for others to be kind to you!
I'm so glad you have so many people who were able to jump in and help.
Post a Comment