E is for Everyone in my family whose name starts with E
There are a lot of them and everyone of them is precious to me. Prepare yourself for a long list of Es. We may have the most Es of any family you know.
I’ll start with my youngest daughter Erin….
and her 2 year old daughter, Elizabeth (AKA Ellie)
Ellie came into this world on my birthday. We share the same birthday and another bond… we are both adopted girls. Ellie was the best birthday gift I ever got.
The miracle of adoption made Erin and Patrick parents once again. There is no way that we can thank Brook and her family enough for the blessing we have of raising Ellie in our family. Erin is a wonderful daughter, mother and wife. They are very special Es in my life.
Evan is another special E in our family. He is our youngest grandson.
His birthday and Grampy’s are just one day apart so they are our May birthday boys. Evan is an adorable little boy. He is funny(look at the way he is wearing Grampy's hat in the picture up above) and so sweet. Everyone loves Evan.
Emma is Evan’s big sister and a darling girl. She loves singing and dancing and playing the piano. She is very talented… and… she is smart and sweet.
Then there are Ernie and EJ.
Ernie is our Mindy’s husband. He is a good husband and father. They are our only family that live here in CA with us. We have dinner together every Sunday. Ernie is another son to me.
E.J. is Ernie’s oldest son. It took 9 years for Mindy and Ernie to have E.J. After years of infertility treatments and prayers, the whole family celebrated when Mindy got pregnant with E.J. He was worth waiting for. He is a delightful boy. He comes over from time to time to help us sweep up leaves in our patios.
He is musically talented which is not a big surprise since both his mom and his dad were music majors. He is only in 7th grade but he sometimes plays with his dad’s high school band. He just made 1st chair trumpet in the honor band. He surely adds music to my life.
Now…. this is my last E ….Emergency is at the top of my E list today.
John’s older brother and his wife flew in from Utah to visit yesterday. This morning Forrest woke up with chest pain. He has never had health problems before so we were all worried. We spent the whole day in ER with him. He has been admitted to the hospital tonight with congestive heart failure. I am thankful that he is getting good care and that we had an emergency department near by to help him today. We are praying that he will live much longer with the help of good medical care.
We will take RoLayne back to the hospital to visit him tomorrow. We also have general conference to watch on our schedule. I may not be able to post tomorrow….. but I will be back when I can.







6 comments:
Elizabeth has always been one of my favorite names. I was almost named Eliza and always wished my parents had named me that instead. If I have a daughter someday, I want to name her that.
I hope Forrest gets well soon.
My prayers for a quick and complete recovery for Forrest. Thankful that he got medical attention soon. So enjoying all of your family pictures.
You have some wonderful "E's" there. I love them all. We are putting Forrest and his lovely wife on our prayer list. I hope it all works out well. Hoping you are enjoying conference as much as I am! Love you much. xxoo
What an amazing number of E's. I loved the pictures and thoughts about your family. I do hope that Forrest will do well. Since my husband had a heart attack at age of 45; I can appreciate the worry.
We have a lot of J's in our family. My oldest son's children all have names that start with J. There are 7 boys with their name starting with J. and one daughter named Gillian that is spelled with a G. Interesting.
Blessings, love and hugs to you!
I always enjoy your posts.
So many wonderful E's in your life!
And, prayers for Forrest. So very scary. Praying that the doctors help him and he's on the mend quickly.
Ellie (and Cal) are so blessed to have been given to this family through adoption. As you, Lura, blessed your mother, these babies will bless your family all the days of their lives. Everybody wins!
Post a Comment