Thursday, April 18, 2013

Blogging A to Z….. N and O are for….

a to z 2

N and O are for NO

computer 1

I have no blog today…..

clock 2

because time is flying by.

I literally  have no time.

clock 3

It is already after 2:00 ……

6000_RedlandsCaliforniaTemple_hr

John and I must leave to go work in the  temple in a few minutes and I’m not ready.

I have a good excuse….

IMG_0542

I had to finish hemming 4 pairs of dress pants for our 18 year old Grandson Jalen to take on his mission. He is going to serve as a Mormon (LDS) missionary in Chile. He flew down to visit us and Mindy’s family last Tuesday. We just got back from our trip to his home so he came down to save us another trip to Utah and to tell his CA family goodbye.

IMG_0565IMG_0566

I had to make him a special breakfast this morning. It is the last time I will see him for 2 years. I had to make him all of his favorites. We had  homemade ice cream, cinnamon toast, sausage and gravy on biscuits, bacon, hash browns, a donut and of course… California orange juice. I wanted to be sure this dear boy was filled up to the brim before…..

IMG_0567IMG_0568

We hugged him goodbye one last time…….

(I really am happy that he has chosen to serve the Lord and the people of Chile…. in spite of my tears in this picture. I know that he will be blessed for his loving service.)

airplane

…..And drove him to the airport to fly back to his family in Utah.

IMG_0570

He leaves for the missionary training center (MTC) next Wednesday.  Goodbye dear Jalen. Thank you for coming to visit us to say goodbye. May God be with you until we meet again.   ( I will tell you all about his visit with us when I have time.)

And that dear blog friends is why and I am out of time and have

to just say NO to doing a blog today.

Hugs, Lura

8 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Well for not blogging you did good - good luck to your grandson - and it was a good excuse. sandie

Buttercup said...

I'm with Sandie. Great post for no post. Safe travel for Jaden.

LeAnn said...

I loved your no blog today. How wonderful to be able to spend some sweet time with your grandson before he leaves for his mission. Wow, that breakfast sounded so good. I must visit you sometime.
This was a sweet one; hugs!

Kris said...

Oh how hard it must be, to say goodbye for two years!!!
Safe travels to your grandson!
xo Kris

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a blessing you got to spend some time together and take good care of him!

I can't imagine 2 years without seeing my child or grandchild!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Despite how proud I know you are, and how excited I know you are for him, this had to be a tough time. Parents and grandparents who can only watch and wait and pray, feel our hearts being squeezed every moment our loved ones are far away. I am lifting you up right now asking God to give you strength for the wait and ever increasing trust in His wisdom. blessings, marlene

Dee @ A Deecoded Life said...

This is a very clever way to hit N and O in one go. It's also cute that you still blogged even while saying NO. Good luck to your newest elder!

Cathyjo said...

I just loved your no blog....and I think you have the best AtoZ in blogland.(HUGS)