Sunday, April 28, 2013

Blogging A to Z X is for ..

a to z 2
Some of you have been so cleaver with your letter X blogs. Dee from DeeCoded gave us a XXX post and Carol from Buttercup Land was    X-traordinary. Hop over to their blogs and see how cleaver they were.
X is a hard letter to do in this A to Z challenge.  I am not as cleaver about it as my blog friends but I have it covered.
The X that saved my life is X-ray
IMG_5324IMG_5331
After being hit 3 times on the freeway going about 70 miles per hour I was left with serious internal injuries. If it had not been for X-rays I would have died.
ct 2ct scan
Once the CT scan showed that I had a broken sternum and 15 ribs broken in multiple places I was monitored by daily X-rays. The weeks that I was in ICU intensive care I was X-rayed at least once a day and sometimes more. Once out of ICU I was X-rayed weekly.
At the time I dreaded being x-rayed because it was so painful for me but now I am thankful because that is how they determined that my left lung had collapsed from the pressure of  bloody fluid building up around it.
IMG_0912IMG_0981
After them draining 700 ml of blood and fluid from around my lung through my back (a procedure that I did not want done but I am glad now that they did) and putting me on a forced air breathing machine, my lung re-inflated almost all the way back to normal. This saved my life and we would not have know about needing to do it if it were not for X-rays.
So, I guess you can see why X-rays are my favorite letter X.
Have a great day…I’m Yearning to start ready your Y posts.
Hugs, Lura

4 comments:

Dee @ A Deecoded Life said...

Aww thanks for mentioning me! I have to admit that your X is a good one. I can definitely see that Xray played a huge part in saving you. Yay for Xray! :)

Buttercup said...

Thanks for the shout out. I almost did X-ray, too, for the MRI that was so helpful to me. I'm with Dee, Yay for X-ray, and yay for you!

Kris said...

Every time I think of what you went through, I cringe. What a story you will always have.
I am so happy that you are feeling healthy once again!!!
XO Kris
PS Saw your previous post, what fun to see that photo of us!!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh you poor baby - how long ago was this? You survived - praised God. sandie