Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Blogging A to Z….. B is for..

a to z 2

B is for Blogging and Bracelets

I guess that it may not seem like these two things have anything in common…. but for me they do. Both of these things bring me smiles.

Blogging has brought me so much joy. I’ve made many dear friends in blogland. I feel like some of you are my family. During the 5 months I was down after our accident 2 years ago, your comments, cards, calls, love and prayers were a great support to me. You will never know how much you helped me get through that difficult time.  I don’t have near as many who comment on my blog as I used to but those of you who do are very dear to me. Each comment means a lot to me. Thank you…. you bring me many smiles.

viewattachment

Bracelets make me smile too. I just love bracelets. I have a lot of them. Marie gave me the little one I am wearing here. I just love it. It says “Miracle” on it. When I get a bit down because of pain or health problems, I look at this little bracelet and smile. It reminds me that all my doctors tell me it is a miracle that I am alive…. I remember that prayers got me through our accident and prayers will get me through the health problems I have now.

I like my costume jewelry bracelets as well as my fine jewelry bracelets. I always wear several bracelets. Maybe I like wearing them so much because my hands and wrists are the only thin parts of me. If I could I would hide the rest of me but I like the way my hands look. They are starting to look old but they still look better than my other parts…. so I like to dress them up with bracelets.

Blog Friends and Bracelets are two of my favorite B’s. However they are not at the very top of the my B list.

The Bible and the Book of Mormon are at the very top of my list. I read them every day. Reading the Holy Scriptures support and guide my life, but I will talk about them in another post.

What are your favorite B’s? 

Can you guess what I will pick for the letter C?

6 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

I remember when I saw that bracelet Lura, and I thought to myself it would be perfect for you, because you are a walking miracle. I was so grateful that we didn't lose you in that horrible accident and although I know you went through a lot of pain afterwards, I was grateful for all of the small improvements each day brought. You are amazing to me and one of the best gifts blogging has given me. One of my BEST Blogging Buddies. You're my favourite B! Love you much. xxoo

Buttercup said...

I'm going to think about this today. My first thought is blogger friends and I am so grateful for them. I am especially grateful for those I have been able to meet and the gift of their friendship.

Kris said...

I love bracelets and blogging too!!!
: ) Kris

joyh82 said...

you have beautiful hands! and I love your bracelets. I like to wear them to when I am not working :) Have a wonderful week!

bettyj said...

I wish I had time to do this but this week is crazy. B would be for bracelets for me too. They are my favorite piece of jewelry and I always wear one. I am just rebuilding my supply after the break in. A would have been Andrew for me. C will be chocolate, I am guessing.lol

The Barton's said...

I love this....blogging a-z!