I live about 40 minutes from Disneyland.
I have visited there many times. Since I was a child I’ve thought it is a magical place. Disneyland has always been a wonderful place to take our children for special occasions. I like Disneyland …but …it is not at the top of my D list.
I also love donuts…. all kinds of donuts. I think they are about my favorite treats. But…. donuts are not at the top of my D list either.
David, Davey and Dathan are at the top of my D list.
David is our only son since his brother died at birth. We wished that we had more boys to go with our 3 girls…. but… since we could only have one son, we were blessed to get our David. He was a delightful child and he is a wonderful man.
He is a good son, husband and father.
His oldest son is also David but we call him Davey. He is a miniature of his dad. I love them both dearly.
Like most of my family, Davey likes to sing.
He gets it from his daddy who is the king of karaoke. David was the singer in a boy band with his friends in high school and I guess he never grew out of it. He built this karaoke stage in his house and the family spends many evenings singing together. David cracks me up with his antics on stage.
But he has a serious side too. He got his bachelor and master’s degrees from BYU and works very hard in his profession. He is also very religious. He and his good wife are raising their children to love and serve the Lord. We just got back from going to Utah to attend Davey’s baptism. My heart was full as I watched our David baptize his David.
My other favorite D is my son-in-law, Dathan.
He is a loving husband to our daughter, Lynell and a good father to family. He treats us like we were his parents. He always makes us feel loved and welcome in his home. We are so glad that Dathan is a part of our family.
These are my 3 top D’s. ( I know that most of my posts are about family but please bear with me……I can’t help it…. after all this is “Grammy’s News”.)
What is the top of your D list?
I hope you have a great day. Hugs, Grammy Lura







4 comments:
I love your "D's" Lura! Having met Dathan, I know what a good man he is personally. He was so kind to me and welcoming, well . . . ALL of your family that I had the blessing of meeting were kind and warm and welcoming. How could they not be. I hope that one day I will be able to meet your David and his David and the rest of your family which I haven't met yet. What a great day that will be!
I loved Disney when I was a child. Our next door neighbor had a station wagon with decals of all the places they had visited on the back window. There was one from Disneyland. Oh how I dreamed of going to Disneyland. Since I was a child all I have to do is hear the Disney music and I am taken to a sweet place. It is on my bucket list.
I like donuts too . . . but my favourite D is Dinner. Coz that's how I roll! Love you! xxoo
Hi I blog-hopped here from Carol's page. When I saw the picture of your two Davids in white I thought, could they be mormons? And then I saw BYU and Utah. Am I right? My parents are mormons too and I have the highest respect for them.
You have three pretty wonderful D's. The letter D makes me think of you in a special way. You are a very 'D'arling 'D'aughter of God. You are my favorite 'D'. Love you!!!
Hello mate nice bblog
Post a Comment