Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blogging A to Z…. Q is for……

a to z 2
Q is for Quick and  Quaker
Once again I am in a terrible rush…. but I think I can do my A to Z  if I am really quick about it.
DSC01037
Our 11 year old Claire is singing with the LA Opera again tonight and we have to leave here in 20 minutes. She has a principal part and has to be in LA by 5:30 even though the Opera doesn’t start until 7:30. We hate the heavy traffic driving to downtown LA so we are going to go ahead and drive in early with her family. That is why I am in a rush.
So my Quick Q blog is about Quaker Oats
IMG_0601
Oat are really good for you so we have them for breakfast several times a week. We like the old fashioned oats… not the instant or microwave kind.
IMG_0602
We nearly always add blueberries, cranberries, raisins, nuts, or apples to our oatmeal.  It is so yummy and  healthy at the same time.
IMG_0603
Yes in deed…. a breakfast of oatmeal with fruit and little butter and brown sugar just can’t be beat. Add some cinnamon toast and a glass of milk and you have a feast.
And that my friends was suppose to be my Quick blog for the letter Q but I got gipped!
I hurriedly did this blog just before running out of the door to go to Claire’s opera Sat. afternoon at 3:45 p.m. I hit the publish link and left. I just now got home. It is 1:00 a.m. Sunday and I found it was still trying to publish. So my quick blog turned out to be the longest taking blog ever….. oh well…. I tried.  I hope it will publish now.  
By the way, the opera was amazing and Claire did an outstanding job.
Hugs, Lura

4 comments:

Dee @ A Deecoded Life said...

Yay you thought of a Q to blog about. Glad to hear Claire did an outstanding job. I love Quaker oats! I had some today, mixed with spanish chocolate to make chocolate porridge. :)

Chatty Crone said...

I eat oatmeal every morning - not the quick ones though. I like Scottish oatmeal. Sandie

Kris said...

I love my Quaker oats!!!
xo Kris

LeAnn said...

That is so awesome that Claire is having these experiences at such a young age. I hope sometime to hear her sing. It is so sweet to have a granddaughter that is so talented. My one daughter was Annie in a play and she was amazing. She was 11 at the time. All my daughters sing beautifully. I always treasure the moments I get to hear them. They made a perfect trio.
Ok, one more thing in common. I love oatmeal cereal too. It is my favorite.
Blessings, hugs and love to you!