Hello dear friends.
This is Lura.
I am sitting up in a chair which is a miracle.
I will take advantage of it and type on my computer.
It is too hard to type when I am in bed because I have to
raise my arms too high.
...
I have 3 specific prayers to ask of you.
...
This may look gross to you but it is a life-saver....literally.
absolute agony to tolerable pain.
In fact, if I am not moving around, with the epidural
I feel fairly comfortable.
I can take deep breaths and cough which I have to do to get better.
1. Please pray that it won't get infected and they can leave it in.
...
I found out last night that they did not
get all of the fluid out of my lung when they drained it.
It is behind part of the lung that is collapsed.
They doubt if they can get it because of where it is.
They will give me more diuretics today.
2. Please pray that my body can get rid of this fluid that is preventing
my lung from re-inflating.
3. Please pray that my lung will re-inflate.
Mark and Emilee, my physical therapists.
They may torture me by getting me to walk but they are so nice.
Mark has a new joke for me every day.
...
Sil is a life saver as valuable to me as the epidural.
I can't begin to tell you how she comforts me and tends to my
every need.
I don't know how I would have gotten through draining my lungs
if she had not been there holding my hands and singing a funny song to me.
Sil is my angel.
...
Also, let me tell you how very much your love,
best wishes and comments mean to me.
Sil reads them to me during the day.
I re-read them during the long painful nights.
...
They make the nights pass more quickly.
I haven't the energy to read them all at once
so I spread them out through the night...
Thanks also, for the lovely cards and phone calls.
How I treasure them.... how I treasure you.
..
It is good care, love and prayers that are getting me though this.
Thankyou...thankyou...thankyou....
I am totally exhausted and must get back into bed.
...this may not make sense since I am totally wacky
on drugs...
please keep the prayers coming.
Hugs, Lura







16 comments:
Hi Lura: The prayers are still coming I assure you. Kris and I got the ward email out last night so I'm sure there are tons of prayers from all the members...who love you. I'm glad you have fun nurses and comfortable moments. I'm glad you're getting lots of cards and phone calls, and blog comments to sustain you through the night. Hang in there!!! Jan
Keep it up, even though it is hard. You've got to get back to making all those cute things you do! Besides we miss you here! You are in our prayers every day
Your wish is my command! I will inddeed pray for those specific things as well as for your complete healing. We need not settle for any less for you dear Lura. Keep up the hard work - we want you up and at 'em as soon as it is medically safe and possible and comfortable for you.
Lots of warm hugs from snowy MA to you!! (((((((((((Lura)))))))))
Hello Lura, It's so good to "hear your voice" over the medium again! Please ask SIL to send me your cell number - apparently I don't have it but instead have the house number. I'd love to call you. I will pray specifically for these three things...and others like good sleep and a good appetite. blessings, marlene
My Dear Lura count with prayers of course!!Hope you feel much better dera, have patience, I know now is difficult, but you are special Lura, and of course you are a cgild of God, I always think really you are.
Im glad to heard about you and is nice you can read our messages in your blog, for this I love when I have a little time come and write something.
I know Sil is an angel, always God send an special person that take care in these moments.
Send you a lot of huggs and kisses,count with prayers. Specially at night (is when I pray more) Love yah! your friend, gloria
more huggs and blessings! gloria
Huggs specially to Sil too!
Lura, you made perfect since! We will continue to pray for you and your family! Love, norma
Lura, once again it was so good to talk to you. I was so pleased to hear that John checked out ok. That was a deep concern to us. Your voice sounds stronger every day. I know you probably can't feel the difference or the improvements. I so love you my friend and am praying long and hard for all of these things. I am so grateful that Sil was able to be there with you and I know you will miss her when she has to leave. I wish that I lived closer so that I could keep you company and do little things for you to help you get through your day. I believe that if prayers were visible, you would see them wrapped so tightly around you that it would be hard to see YOU! I also believe that you are being carried aloft on the loving whispers of angels and the love of your ancestors. You are loved so very much by everyone and I hope that you know that. I just know that you are the star patient in that hospital and that everyone there is being blessed by your presence and your smile. I love you my friend, so very much. Keep breathing and moving forward. xxoo
Prayers coming to you from sunny Florida this morning!!
Hi Laura - I am praying for the 3 blessings for you and today more. Marie says you are a good and strong woman so I know you will be ok. Keep up the good fight - God loves you.
Dear Lura hope you can sleep and feel better, I pray last night and this morning before begin my day (the kids sleep) I make other pray for you, all days I pray but is good for you know Im always praying and fell you close dear, have a nice day I love your terapist and nurses, take care, huggs and kisses, hope John and childs make you smile today, a big hug, gloria
Good morning. I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what happened yesterday. I'm praying, as always, that things so as you need. It's a cool quiet morning here...perfect for a cup of tea. Wish you were here, or I was there.
Have a blessed day. Jan
Our prayers and thoughts are with you both! We love you so much you are such a joy to all of us at the Temple and will be sorely missed by all of us. But not for long, we know you will be back soon! The Lord has really been watching over you! Your progress sounds amazing! Glad you are getting such great care from hospital staff, family and friends.
We love you! Get better!
Kathy & Dave Whitehead
gGood morning my dear Lura, before i wll breakfast I come to see you. Prayers are still coming I assure like tell Jan (so nice Jan) hope you better well today and in this Sunday come to see your dearest family.
My next post (is a new only for you)je,je, I will post some cupcakes we made yesterday with m. Esperanza, you have to see!! I think are beautiful she is an artist, you dont have to comment dear only see!! Huggsss and kisses, Love yah!! gloria
Good morning Lura. Let me say that I am grateful for finally being able to get on here and send you a message of love. We were at Joey and Holly's when she told us of your accident. We had just got in from New York and it was just so sad to hear. We are so grateful that you are making your recovery. We love you from afar and love your sweet hubby as well and all your family. Please know that you are in our prayers and thoughts. You are beautiful and it was so nice to see your smiling face on here this morning. We love you Grammy Staffy and know you are close to our hearts.
jOHN AND lURA, Glad to hear you two are recovering. We miss you at the temple. We think of you often and pray for you to completly heal. It is a miracle that you both survived that horrific crash. God bless you.
Gary
Post a Comment