This Saturday, my day 37 in the hospital, is not a nice one….
It is Gray and dull
As I look out my window there is no sunshine … the sky is cloudy
It is snowing and cold. My spirits match the weather today.
I got nauseated after breakfast and threw up again.
I thought I was over that. Throwing up with a chest full of broken
ribs is the most horrible, awful, terrible thing ever, difficult and leaves me
ready to throw in the towel, exhausted and give up discouraged.
On top of that, my sweet cell mate, room mate, Joann, is going home today.
We both arrived here two weeks ago yesterday and we have become dear friends. We have watched movies together, enjoyed each other’s families, cried together and gone through torture physical therapy together.
I am glad that she is well enough to go home but I will miss her so much.
Most of the inmates residents here are ancient very old and decrepit in bad shape. Joann and I are about the same age … we are the kids younger than the others here and not as goofy and fairly alert and clear minded.
She has been a blessing to me. I dread getting another room mate.
I am sick of being worthless disabled. I am sick of feeling rotten not feeling well.
I am excited to be going home next Thursday but at the same time I am worried concerned about making the long trip home and how I will survive manage outside of the hospital.
OK….. I know my attitude today is as gray as the weather. I’m sorry.
John is coming to have lunch with me. Now there is a ray of sunshine.
I need to must count my blessing and let them shine away these clouds.
Have a good weekend. Please continue to pray for me.
You must be getting sick tired of my asking but I do really appreciate your love, prayers and support.
Hugs, Lura







19 comments:
Lura it's okay to get depressed and discouraged a little bit. You know the drill though = put a time limit on it. Lay there and say "woe is me" over and over. :) Then it's time for that party to end and the next one to begin. But the next one will be a song of celebration when you get home! Less than a week, can you believe it? Less than a week and you'll be home. You will breathe a big sigh of relief when you get there. It's gray and cloudy here and misting rain but at least there's no snow. It's still windy too and I'm beginning to wonder if Arkansas suddenly and secretly became Kansas - this wind is just like I remember from driving across that state! It's been going on most of this month, almost non-stop. But soon the sun will come out and we'll rejoice again. Take care and know that you are loved. blessings, marlene
Dearest Lura,
I'm not tried of praying for you,and will keep doing so.As I'm sure meny others will also.
Sorry you are down today,Hopeful it will Brighting up soon.
(HUGS)xxx
Hi! I came over to visit after you left me a comment on my blog. I am so very sorry to hear that you have been ill. May I ask how you broke your ribs? I sincerely hope you are up and feeling better soon. I guess that you are in a rehab facility?
God bless,
Elizabeth
we're not sick of you asking for prayers! no way!!! don't say that:) i'm sorry you are feeling gray..i feel that way when the weather is yucky(and i don't even have broken ribs, so i'm imagining you are feeling double or triple gray, okay, that doesn't make sense:) you know what i mean!) i hope your ray of sunshine(john:) makes you feel better!!
I am in total agreement with Marlene. We all get discpuraged and overwhelmed and depressed at at times and need to have a pity party. Just make sure it is a party and not a marathon. It helps to get it out of your system - and then take a deel breath and make a list of all you have to be thankful for.
Somehow I just know that the trip home will be worth the effort. When you are back in your own house and surrounded by all those familiar things, you will fee lmuch better. So start counting down until you can get there. And I will keep praying for you!
Lots of love and hugs!
We must know sorrow to know happiness! I never get sick of you asking for prayers! If we were all happy all of the time, we may not have much to work on! Life is full of trials! They are not easy but if we endure, it will be worth it! We become strengthened! We are all here to hear the good and bad that you are going through! You are loved! Love, norma
Home in 5 days! It won't be easy but it will be grand. I already hear the fluttering of those around me making arrangements for your sweet return. Look forward dear Lura, and your next fews days will be sweet as pie!!! Love you, Jan
patience my dear, have more patience, all we have gray days all of us and specially you that have this accident.
My dear try to rest and maybe tomorrow a new day you will feel better, remember day by day, step by step, you are in God arms, prayers and love for you, huggs your friend Gloria
you look really beauty in the pictures my dear!!! huggs
we love you so much Lura! gloria
It's an honor to pray for you. You were right on my prayer list at services this morning. I know it's hard during a long recovery to keep going, but know that many people are sending hugs, love and prayers your way. I thought your comment about the wedding yesterday was right on the mark and I've been quoting you to friends today. Lots of hugs, sweet friend!
Hi Grammy Lura.My name is Becky and I live with my wonderful husband in Ohio.Born and raised.
Our nest is empty.Our daughter lives fairly close and has blessed us with 3 grandsons.
Our son lives in Boston.
I heard about your accident from Linda...Behind the red door.
I am so sorry,but am so thankful you are ok.Well,beat up and bruised up but will be ok.
Try not to worry about your trip home.By next week at this time you will be healed more and feeling much better.
I have been keeping you in my prayers and will continue to do so...
Your family is just beautiful and it sounds like they are doing all they can to make you as comfortable as possible.
Take care Lura,and I will check in on you again soon.
Sunny days are just around the corner.Blessings,Becky
Lura, it is ok to feel down sometimes. Lord knows you deserve to!! You've been through so very much. It is hard to believe that you are going to be able to go home finally! I know it will be a hard journey, but once you get there I think your healing will step up and progress even faster. I do love you so, and wish that I could take some of the burden of your pain and low feelings away. You are such a dear and precious friend. I am selfishly grateful that you are still with us, even though I know there are still times you wish you were not. ((((hugs))))You are a great inspiration and example to me and to so many others. I wish I could do more for you than pray but pray I do, continuously. You are never more than a breath away and always in my heart. I will try to call later today, or tomorrow in any case. I love you!! xxoo
Lura the pic on my blog link is a free download! thats whats so cool!
Brr, the snow looks cold. Lucky you have good friends and family inside. I hope you're feeling a little better by the time Im writing this :-) ((((Hugs))))
My dearest Lura, I hope that by the time you are reading this that the sun has come out and your spirits have risen a bit as well. I am praying that this week will go fast for you and that you get another room mate that will be "composmentus" for your final few days in the "mad house" LOL
the journey home may not be pleasant but do hope that they give you enough pain relief to keep you painfree as much as possible til you get to your own lovely bed...what a smile bringing delicious thought that is. John will be getting so excited..as will all your many friends. Only wish Marie and I could be there in person to greet you when you open the door...As for prayers...well it goes without saying that you are top of the list and will be for a very long time xx
Love Sybil xx
Hi Lura, I'm happy to hear the good news about your return home soon. I think you will immediately see a huge improvement, both physically and emotionally, as soon as you walk in the door of your own home. During the time that we were in Utah Co. (about 1 1/2 days), I felt a little melancholy, I don't know if it's the weather or what but I'm always happy to return to the sunshine and bright blue skies of St. George and I think you'll feel the same when you return to Sunny California. Good Luck this week with your continued progress. P.S. I've, again, added your name to the prayer roll at the St. George Temple
Good morning Lura. I just read your sweet words on my blog in the message you left me. Indeed, staying married is an accomplishment. However, I must say, my parents and my husbands, were excellent examples for us both. I was a mere 19 yrs old when I took that walk down the aisle. I had no idea what was ahead for us. But we were committed to one another, and so we grew together. I am praying that as each day passes, your pain eases up. I am sure you are feeling blue, and so very anxious to get on with your normal life. You are in my prayers daily. Hang in there, and remember that Thursday will be coming soon.
Hugs to you, across the miles.
Kris
Just wait until you get home! It is Spring here. The flowers are blooming, birds are singing, the sky is blue and the weather is lovely. It will make your heart gay and light to be back with your California family and friends.
When I announced in RS that you are coming home Thursday there was an audible response. Everyone is so relieved that you will be back here with us.
A young woman (From the Jones family) asked in the prayer she offered today that you arrive home safely. That made me smile.
Don't forget to use that wonderful smile of yours. It brings sunshine into a room. You can make a pathway bright by shining that smile of yours. Turn that gray to sunshine.
We hope you feel better!We're saying prayers for you every day.
Ah Lura, I'm so sorry that you're feeling down. I'd like to say that I understand, but I do not. I can't imagine the pain and suffering you are having to endure. My continued prayers and love. I do hope that your Mother's Day is a great day. Hugs are being sent your way,
Tara
Post a Comment