
The nurse was able to give Lura a lift by washing her hair, which we know makes every woman feel better!

These young nurses are very versatile - they are beauticians, too!

She's as pretty as these beautiful flowers that the Young Women's organization sent!
Shh! Don't tell anyone because she's not supposed to have flowers!
12 comments:
OMG Dear Lura I told myself I will see Lura before go to bed.
And I find this lovely pictures, Im happy the lovely nurse wash your hair and you look beauty!
What nice ! I think the nurses are amazing! Dear hope you feel better. I whish can go to see you, but isnt'amazing internet??we can close and talk.Love it
I see you have lovely visites, hope you feel better, send huggs and prayers good night my dear, blessings, gloria
Indeed you do have wonderful friends. It brings me to tears of joy to see you there with Craig and Kris. But tears too because I know you are having a very difficult day, and that the pain and suffering is wearing on you. Lura...we can do all things through Christ, who strengthens us! I wish I knew who said that. Was is Paul? He is with you and will never leave you. I ache for you to be over this suffering, but while it goes on, and always, He is with you.
You look just wonderful. I don't know where you get the strength for all those darling smiles. I hope too that the little 'tiny treasures', representing hugs from me, will brighten your days. No cheating...just one a day. There is enough for a month, and I'm praying that before they run out you will be home so I can deliver the next batch myself!!!
Love and hugs to you, John and Sil... Tiny gentle baby hugs for you... Jan
dearest lura,
i hope you don't think i've forgotten about you. i've had limited access to the internet but i have been praying my heart out and thinking about you like cuh-RAZY! :) my grandpa died just a few days ago and we had to pack everything up again to drive the long 9 hours to corpus christi(we were just there as i think you know for my aunt's funeral and not even two weeks later my grandpa died. its been a sad two weeks for my mom's side of the fam and in the midst of all that, i found out about your horrible accident. i just feel like i keep getting bad news about the people i love!) :( :( so we just got back into town and the first thing i'm doing is writing you! anyways, you look beautiful with your smiles and your "spiffiness" and i can't believe how much progress you are making. those first set of pictures made me get teary-eyed. i still can't believe your body has had to endure this-you are such a trooper. i'm so happy to see your smiles again. you are such an inspiration lura. what a positive attitude you always have! you are amazing! i will pray and pray and keep on praying. and something from me will get to you soon. i feel horrible i haven't been able to mail you anything yet-i hope you understand the circumstances that have prevented me from doing that. and i hope you know that i love you and haven't stopped thinking about you. xoxo hoLLy
WOOHOO!! Clean hair!! It makes us feel so much more human doesn't it?? I am so glad you got yours washed today!!
I did another photo shoot today of another antique home here in New England. This one was dark and so that was a real challenge even with my lighting. But I think I got some great photos despite the challenge!
So glad to see you had some visitors - and I won't tell a sould you had real flowers!! SHHHH!!!
BIG Gentle hugs my friend!!
Wow! That nurse really is a beautician as well. Great job on your hair, and I'm happy to see you starting to look like yourself again. Praying you'll soon be up and about. (((HUGS)))
Lura, you look wonderful, like always!!!
I was so thankful I could talk to you and hear your voice and good sense of humor the other day!!
I think of you daily and I send my prayers!!!
Lots of love from Argentina to you!
Your Argentine son!
Luis
Lura, so wonderful to see your smiling face. I know that you must be feeling almost like a million bucks having had your hair washed. Ok, so maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but I am sure it felt at least a little bit better. I love you so much my friend. I am so happy that you are getting to see some much loved friends and that they are able to spend some time with you. I wish that I could come and minister to you in person, but alas, like Jan, I cannot. But I can minister to you in pray like hundreds of your other friends. You are so beloved by many. Please keep trying and moving forward. Remember when you are feeling down or like you cannot go on . . . Heavenly Father has not brought you this far to drop you now. When you are feeling the need of added strength, remember the Saviour and ask Him for the strength you need. Oh, how I love you my friend. I carry you around in my prayers daily as does Todd. I will try to call today, if not today then tomorrow. Gentle hugs and many kisses. xxoo
Wow Lura - she did a wonderful job with your hair and I know it had to be hard with you not able to even sit up! I bet it really tired you out but you look so beautiful it was worth it. :) Some of my children and grandchildren have been here this weekend and we've had a great time. Last night I "camped" out with 4 of the grands - they wanted to sleep in the camper so we all trooped out there in our pajamas at 10 last night. I put a Christian movie in the DVD for them and went to sleep. I got up when I heard the movie go off and they were all asleep! Today I'm packing for my quilt retreat and leaving early tomorrow. You keep getting stronger honey - and keep breathing hard so your lungs will do well. I love you and I continue to pray! blessings, marlene
grammy you look so much better!!!!! thamk you so much for the gift I love it. you will always be in my prayers love you!!!!
My dearest dearest Lura, I am so sorry to see you are in such a state of injury. I have not been able to get internet connection..or telephone for last 10 days so have not seen any news from anyone. I did read our dear Maries journal this morning trying to catch up and as soon as church was over and I had doen the phone calls I have come to visit. I will have to pray extra hard for you tonight to be heard above all your many friends ...they have had a head start on me...mind you you are ALWAYS on my prayer list but always only for happiness and health for you John and all the family...not specifically just for you...so now I am SURE when I get in on the act you will be up and about painfree in no time...or at least I should say in Gods good time xx
much much Love Sybil xxxx
What a wonderful daughter of our Heavenly Father you are!! I am deeply sorry to hear of this horrible accident, yet I am inspired by your strength. The fact that you can go on with a smile is astonishing. Yet, knowing you, it is not all that surprising. You've always been such a bright and radiant spirit! We love you so much Lura and pray for your recovery.
Love
Chelsea xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
You look good for a person all beaten up. Glad you are getting such good care.
Post a Comment