However, I am in Heritage Care Center in American Fork now.
Sil gave you this info but here it is again if you missed her post.
350 East. 300 North.
room 113A
American Fork, Utah 84003
8o1 492-3236
...
The transfer has been hard and will take time to get use to.
Most of the patients are very old here.
The nursing staff is small and it takes a lot longer to get to us when we need help.
I don't like being here.
However, the staff is nice and I am trying to be positive.
Here are some smiles I want to share with you today.
I was in ICU and PCU. He saved my life.
He was kind and compassionate. He made me smile.
Thanks to all of you, she said I got more mail delivered than
any other patient in the hospital.
2. All my mail and best wishes from you makes me smile.
move to a rehab convalescent hospital.
They could not believe all the gifts I had accumulated while I was there.
My new hospital is not near as nice as Utah Valley Regional Hospital was. The rooms are small and I have to share with a room mate. But when I arrived here I was greeted with these beautiful flowers from my John. He is in California now.... but the card says he is just too lonesome without me and plans to return to Utah ASAP.
4. John's love and these pretty flowers make me smile.
This is my dear friend, Patti Greer. She lives in Utah now and heard I was in the hospital. She came by one day and did my hair. My acrylic nails were a mess and worrying me. She came back the next day and did my nails.
5. Having pretty nails again and my sweet friend's efforts make me smile.
Erin brought me some real clothes to wear. I got dress for the first time yesterday. 6. Looking almost normal in real clothes makes me smile. ... I am not feeling well today but I hope I will get better as the day goes on. Lynell and family and Erin and Patrick are all coming to have dinner with me this evening so I have to be chipper. I think it is really nice that they can eat here with me. ... I also can go to church in a couple of hours. I am glad that they have church for us here. With all these good things to look forward to today I have lots of motivation to get to feeling better. Love to all of you. Thanks again for your love and support. Please keep visiting me and leaving your sweet comments. You have no idea how much they help me stay positive. Have a great week. Hugs, Lura








15 comments:
It's so good to see you again, and know where you are. I saw John at church this morning. He had a crowd around him... it was announced he was looking for a ride back to Utah. I'm so glad that he's coming back to you. You look great. I'm glad that you arew staying positive. Love you, Jan
My dear Lura, I have been concerned about your move but I see that it has gone not to badly. Although I expect it has cost you an awful lot in pain and energy. Still it is wonderful to see you up and in your own clothes and looking ever more beautiful. I pray that the physio will be good and you will really start to be homeward bound...
God bless, Good Night, Love Sybil xx
Lura it is so good to see you dressed and spiffied up. I am sure it is not easy to do that when you don't feel well though.
I pray John can get back to you very soon!
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!! HUGS!
I really miss you grammy. Get well soon! You're in my prayers!
Look at you smiling..dressed and with your hair done and genuinely happy. You would never know looking at you that you were in such a terrible accident.
I'm sorry the place you are at isn't as nice and enjoyable, but hopefully, that just means you are one quick step away from home.
Wishing you a peaceful night's sleep...at least here they hopefully don't check your vitals as much.
Hi Lura, I enjoyed your pictures as always. It's been a typical Sunday here. Jerry and I went to church this morning and this afternoon I sat and did some hand stitching for several hours. Too many hours I think because my arthritis flared up and my hands are quite painful this evening. We went to friends for dinner tonight. Their son and his family met with a group of about 20 to tell us about the work they are undertaking. They are trying to raise enough money to become missionaries to our military personnel in Germany. They were once stationed in Germany when the husband was stationed there so they know first hand the hardships our military personnel experience. It was interesting hearing some of the facts about how many lives are being touched through the work of missionaries - I didn't even know there were missionaries assigned to the military! They are working with a nondenominational group called Cadence. I'm going to be doing housework tomorrow and going to quilt guild tomorrow night but also celebrating because tomorrow it will be two weeks until we leave for The Holy Land! I love that your friend came to do your hair and nails - that's what I call a real!! friend. I know that this hospital won't be as easy to be in as your last one but remember this one is just a stepping stone - it will be the bridge you need to cross to get home. You are another day closer to John and home and your own routine and stuff and friends and church! blessings, marlene
Lura!!! So glad you are progressing so well! You are really looking great! We had a blast in goblin valley! I will try to update my blog so you can see pics! Keep up the positive outlook! Lots of love! Norma!
You look nice and happy in your new hospital, hope my dear you will fine there. (the little of Erin is sooooo cute I love her) You look nice dressed (jeje), you know we ssay all is for better so if you change of Hopsital you will be better, remember always (Im sure you think) God is with you dear Lura ans specially in this moment. send you huggs and prayers my dear, see you later or at nighjt, gloria
Thge pictures are lovely!! gloria
Lura, I am glad to read your smiles here this morning, but at the same time I am sad because I know you are not really happy where you are. You do look wonderfully well, although I know that you are still in a lot of pain. Your smile is just so beautiful. I am glad that John will be soon returning to Utah to be with you. I hope he is able to get a ride soon. I love you very much my sweet friend. I think your positivity is a great help to you and will serve you well in recovering faster. You are an inspiration to so very many people. I send lots of love and hugs. As ever you remain in my deepest thoughts and prayers. xxoo
I hope you get well Ms. Staffy, Please do keep me updated on a regular basis.
Below is my contact Information:
Website: www.gogaleo.com
Email: armando.escobedo@gogaleo.com
Cell: 323.522.4095
-Armando
you're lookin good girl!! :) all prettied up with your nails done, makeup, your own clothes, yea! i know you are still in very much pain and you need lots of prayers still but i'm glad you are able to feel a little bit better getting to feel girlified again:) i know you aren't happy most of the time and this blog post just shows the moments where you were smiling. i hate that you have such a long road ahead of you but everynight you go to sleep, just think, that one less day of it all. one more day done. you can do it! someday this will all just be a memory. talk to you soon! i'm going to try and call you, NOW! back from another family trip. . and cali and ammon are asleep so i think i can sneak a few minutes to talk:) hope i don't wake you. . .
Wow, so sorry to hear about the accident but it sure sounds like you had an angel in that car looking out for you. All the best wishes for a speedy recovery. You look great. :)
My name is Lana, and although you dont know me, I wanted to come and read your story and let you know I too am keeping you in my prayers and hoping you get back to good real soon
My sweet Friend Linda ( Grammee Linda from Behind My Red Door)told me about what happened...
she posted the link for your blog and I must say I am amazed!! Truly amazed at your remarkable strength and spirits..that is what is making this go so good for you..
smiling..is the best medicine..(would say laughter but ribs, and laughter sometimes..ouchie!)
Your friend was a sweetie to come do your hair and your nails..
that made you smile..we women have to look good no matter what!
well I dont want to hog up all the comment room.....but keep up those spirits!!!
Lana- Winterberry Primitives on FaceBook
Lura it is wonderful to see you up and walking and in regular clothes...I hope it made you feel "normal" for a while...
After seeing your scans I am amazed that you are doing so well too..wow!!
Continued prayers for you my dear..what an inspiration you are!!
Post a Comment