Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 20 in the hospital

This is Juanita. She comes in each day to tidy up my room. We have become dear friends. Juanita needs our prayers. Last month she found her son's dead body at home. He died from a drug over dose. Juanita has had to be hospitalized twice from the shock and grief. She can barely get through each day.... but she gets up.... gets dressed and comes to work. Pray for her please. Several of my blog friends have lost loved ones last week Please also remember Holly, Sybil and Buttercup in your prayers.

Bro and Sis. Vorwaller from our temple presidency came to visit me today. Sis. Morgan, our temple matron has called several times. Our Stake Pres. and Sis. Aragon also came to visit. Our Bishop calls regularly. I am happy my church leaders from home are keeping tabs on me.


I love it when Cal comes to helps me walk.

I was so happy and surprised when Hayley came by today. She was one of my young women at church. She graduates from BYU school of nursing next week. She has been working in ICU doing her clinical care but she finished right before I got there on March 25th. I would have been so surprised and happy if this dear girl had been my nurse!

Late in the evening Katie, another of my young women from church, came by to visit with her newlywed husband. She brought her ukulele with her and sang to me.

You can see that I am getting lots of love and best wishes. Thank you all so much. ... IV antibiotics have seemed to clear up all the blood I was having in my urine for the past 2 days. Was it the medicine that helped??? or was it your prayers??? I think it was both. ... Each day and night seems so long.... but each day it gets a little less painful and I can do more things. I am so happy that I can sit in the shower and get a bath. I still dislike the immodesty... but getting all washed off makes it worth it. ... I got to see the cat scan of my broken ribs today. Man... they are broken all over the place and not even attached. No wonder I hurt. I think that I am blessed to be doing as well as I am considering what my chest looks like inside. It is a mess. Please, please keep your prayers, comments and calls coming. They are really helping me get through this. Many hug, Lura .

10 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Dear Lura,

Today when my hip was aching from arthritis, I reminded myself it was not broken so grin and bear it. Knowing what you are going through is making me appreciate all my blessings. I am so glad the antibiotics and our prayers are helping. I so wish those bones could heal so you could be more comfortable. That x=ray must have been a shocker!

And I am especially happy that you are having some visitors to help pass the time. It does pass so slowly in the hospital, doesn't it? I bet having the computer helps a lot!!

Here is a video of my sweet Lili learning to tumblesault. I hope it makes you smile!!

http://youtu.be/5FxPf0JMSvg

warm hugs! Linda

Peggy Glasmann said...

Dear Lura
I am so glad that you felt up to reading through my blog about our cruise. Reed has been won over. He is already talking about doing another one. We would love to do one to Alaska. Reed especially liked the freestyle cruising because it was more casual and there was no set schedule. We met many interesting people as we always opted to "share" a table. That got us in quicker and like I said we met some really fun people from all over the world. Reed is talking to his sisters about doing a cruise to Alaska in 2012. I don't know when you will be up to helping us, but we would love to have you help us again. We definitely want to have a room with a balcony on this trip. I loved the pictures of you being up and around, I know from experience that that is half the battle. You are so lucky to have so many who love you who have visited. The pictures show how much progress you are making. It may be hard for you to see it, but look through old posts and you will see it. You and Jon are very special people who have a special mission to be so blessed. We are all so grateful that you are feeling better and making such great improvements. Keep working hard each and every day. My father-in-law always told me to do exactly what the drs. tell you and to be faithful about it and you will improve. That helped me so much during my surgeries. As I took the excursions and hiked, swam, kayaked and snorkeled, I know that I did just as good if not better than many my age who have not gone through so many surgeries. I can't wait until you and Jon are cruising again and relaxing. I highly recommend the Hawaiian one. We loved visiting each island and partaking of the scenery and culture there. We know we will visit Hawaii again and stay on a different island that we want to explore. We love and and continue to pray for you.
Love,
Peggy

Jan's Blog said...

Good evening my dear friend. Oh it's so wonderful to see all this love pouring out to you. Did you know you were this loved, liked, highly thought of, adored? Drink it in, and never forget it. And I'm so glad that you're having so many visitors to help the time pass, and divert your thoughts from you pain. Have they given you a 'release' plan yet? I worry they will let you go too soon.

I got good news today. I may be well enough for my eye surgeries in 4 to 6 months instead of a year or more. I'd almost given up hope, and so I'm very pleased to know it really may happen!

Sending prayers to you and John and all you mentioned. Sending special love to Juanita. I can't even imagine what she's been though.

Love and lots of tiny soft hugs,
Jan

The Barton's said...

Our prayers go out to your new friend! We lost my brother in law when he was 26! It is a hard thing to deal with! So glad to see your happy face ea new day! I will catch back up with you on Sunday! We hope for good weather! Lv norma

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Lura, you are so very loved. How blessed you are! It is so good to see you smiling and becoming more mobile. I am sure glad that our prayers and thoughts are helping you in this way and never fear they will continue until you are right back to the way you were before this all happened! I will keep Juanita in our prayers as well. How difficult that must be for her. I cannot imagine. I can tell that you are much loved by your Young Women. How wonderful. That shows you are a good leader and example to them, and they must really respect you so very much! You are such a special and dear lady and friend. That you can think of others the way that you do amidst your own troubles and pain is a testimony to your love of the Saviour and that is one of the things I love most about you. Oh how I wish that I could sit for a time with you in your hospital room and do things for you. I wish too that I could be there for you when you finally do go home and need help, but I know you are so very well loved and respected that somehow the help will be there that you need. Heavenly Father will make sure of that. I just know He will for, as much as we love and respect you, He loves and respects you that much more! I will try to call later today. I love you very much my dear friend. xxoo

StitchinByTheLake said...

Lura what a wonderful day of visitors you had! Our church family is really like our own family I think...they make such a difference in our lives. They bring us joy right along with their prayers. And to have your young women from church come too shows how very much you are loved. I will add my prayers to others for your new friend. One of my dearest friends from high school lost her son in that same way and it was so hard for her. Only time and God's grace help that kind of grief. I worked in the yard several hours again yesterday....My body has begun to hate that bending and stooping over. :) But the yard looks much better, that's for sure. I'm praying for a wonderful day for you. blessings, marlene

Gloria Baker said...

My dear Lura, you can see all people love you!! so much! this love and will help you to feeling better my dera.
Send Juanita all my love I will pray for her. What nice you meet at the Hospital you are really special so you can help Juanita and she help you too.

I love Cal pictures, he is adorable, please tell Erin I love him and the little is so sweet.
Erin have as lovely and nice family.
Dear we have pray too by your bones dear Lura.
Send you load of love and huggs my dear.
I went to the Psicologist today with Esperanza, I will talk about her, later.
Please my dear pray by her.

Love ya! gloria

Sybil said...

I am so happy reading your improvement each day. Poor Juanita what a sad way for her Son to die..Ipray he is happy now and that perhpas she will see that one day as well. Meantime I will add her to my prayers. I know from how I have felt this last week or two I have been so surrounded by love and prayers there have been times that it has felt like a physical presence..
Good Night, God Bless,
Love Sybil xxx

Gloria Baker said...

Good night my dear Lura hope you will better day after day, remmeber we love you, huggs to Erin, and all the lovely are with you, a big hug gloria

hoLLy said...

you are the sweetest person lura! i can't believe you are asking for prayers for lil ole me when you are in the hospital! you are such an example to me of selflessness. i'm so glad you keep your holly angel near:) that makes me smile to know that. i'm glad you like her, i thought she was beautiful. prayers for you each and every day. xoxo