Today I was not just a patient in a hospital for the 36th day…
Like millions of others, I spent the day at the Royal Wedding
of William and Kate.
I could hardly take my eyes off of this Prince Charming
and his Royal Princess.
It was just like a Fairy Tale.
I was delighted that I spotted two of my dear blog friends in the crowd…lol
For today….was the whole world British????? I pretended to be.
Truth be known, even though I am proud to be American, I’ve spent years of my life pretending as a girl and with my granddaughters that we were royal princesses.
I mean come on…..no matter how patriotic we Americans are …could we have tea parties and not pretend to be a Royal Princess??? …NO!!!.. pretending to be the first lady just doesn’t cut it.
Of course, in reality we all are of Royal descent.
We are all children of our Heavenly Father who is our God…
...our Heavenly King.
Congrats to William and Kate. I wish you the very best.
And may all of us realize who we are…
we are of Royal descent…. children of a King.
Let’s live worthily and act befittingly of our Royal Heritage.







12 comments:
Greetings Lura,
I just read your past few posts, and see that it won't be long now until you get to return to your home. You must be so very anxious!! I have to tell you, you look so pretty in your photos. I know you are in a lot of pain still, but your pretty smile says so much about you.
Continued prayers.
Kris
We DVR'd the wedding so I could fast forward through today. I zoomed through part of it, stopped to watch the wedding then never got back to it today. Kate was regal. Do you think they royal couple were told NOT to smile? It seemed she tried to wipe the smile off as soon as it escaped a few times.
Today Joan and her 2 daughters had a princess party. They watched the wedding. The moms brought photos of their temple wedding day and taught the little girls that they are 'princesses' of royal birth from God and taught them that their palace is the temple. What a great idea.
I took Kelli shopping for her birthday.
Jan is sick. BooHoo
It is so fun that you pretend with your granddaughters! Great object lesson too! Hope tomorrow is a wonderful day! Lots of love, Norma
I am so glad you're feeling a little better. Hopefully we'll hear from you sitting in your own home:-) The wedding was stunning! I cant wait to watch what this couple can do in the royal family but of course first we'll give them their 2 years of quiet to love and learn in their marriage and their roles.
Lura, I loved the Royal Wedding, from beginning to end and we started watching all the hoopla from about 6:30 am, right through to 1:30 in the afternoon! I loved every minute of it!! It was fun watching all the hats . . . oops I mean guests arrive! I thought Kate was absolutely stunning and that William was handsome. They are a beautiful couple and I think they love each other so very much. I felt a bit sad though that they are married only til death do they part, when I know they could be sealed together for time and all eternity. It makes me grateful for the Gospel in my life and for my dear husband that I know will be mine forever and forever through the eons of time! I am surprised you could pick me out in that crowd of people!! Woo Hoo!! Can you imagine what that must have been like??? Wouldn't have wanted to be there for all the tea in China! What a crush! You sound better and better each day that passes. It is hard to believe it has been 36 days already. They have gone quickly . . . although I know they haven't gone so quickly for you. I, as always, hold you in my deepest thoughts and prayers. I do love you my dear friend. xxoo
I am so happy that you were able to watch the wedding. Mary and I were glued to our TV as well. Kate looked so regal. Teh service was excellent. I particularily loved the prayer that Kate and William had made up and asked the minster to read. I want to hear it again but all the clips have not shown it..typical.. it was not on the oficial programme that was in all the newspapers...
It was extra nice as we had a friend come down to celebrate with us. I made some tiny wee sandwiches of cucumber/salmon/and cheese...all daity like no crusts !! also a plate or two of fancy biscuits. Had manage dto get flag like napkins to decorate the tables etc. so happy memorable time was had by us all. Today I am going to a wedding !! an ex minsiter of ours daughter is being amrried and he has invited all from the church..only three of us are going though. It is in Bristol so David and Marion are driving. Fingers crossed that the weather keeps nice and dry.
keep smiling. much much love
Sybil xxx
Very nicely said Lura! I confess I must be one of only two or three people who didn't watch the wedding. I knew I'd catch lots of glimpses later in the day and that was way too early for me. :) Have a wonderful weekend! blessings, marlene
IM glad you enjoyed the weedong dear Lura, hope you fell better all days more! send you huggs and prayers, gloria
Hi Lura,
Just popping in to wish a speedy recovery from your terrible accident. I am keeping you in my thoughts and i sincerely hope that each day gets easier for you.
From Perth Western Australia
Yes we need not to pretend as we are of Royal deescent,a child of a King. That some how we forget.
As I think we think of him as Lord moustly..I enjoyed the wedding also,and think the British courntyside ever so lovely. I would love to visit it some day .Your in my pray's.(HUGS)xx
I see we know the same Marie and Sybil from the UK.
Loved the big event - so fun!
they are a beautiful couple! i wasn't able to watch the wedding but i hope to be able to find it on the internet this evening! andi agree, every girl has fantasized of being a princess(and we are all truly princesses and will be queens someday!)
we've had a sick ammon but he is better today-yea! he hasn't been sleeping so well so its been a long couple of days. . hope you are having a good day today! xoxo
Post a Comment