Friday, April 8, 2011

pity party over....it is a new day

I was miserable at my pity party yesterday..... and bawling did no good and just filled my oxygen hose with snot....which does not help breathing any.
So.... I sucked it up today.... counted my blessings.... prayed for courage and had a better day today. I sat up for 2 hours and walked 3 times. I found out they are not going to have to drain my lung again. Yeah!

I read your comments and opened your cards and gifts. I feel your love and prayers. I appreciate your calls. John is really banged up and sore but felt well enough to visit me for over 2 hours today. How I love that man. I am so thankful God spared him.

Sil had a terrible trip home but finally made it.... safe but worse for the wear. She was an angel to come and help me.

I am in a lot of pain tonight but the meds should help me sleep soon. The will put me on the bipap (sp???) breathing machine soon. Goodnight dear family and friends. Please continue to pray for me and John. Thank You. Hugs, Lura

17 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

Good for you Lura. I knew you could turn it around, and you did it in record time. I'm really proud of you. And, now I can breathe easier. I'm so glad that you and John got to send time together. We'll take care of John when he gets home, and hope that you'll follow him sooner than later. Sending prayers for you and John... So sorry to hear Sil had a rough trip home. What can I do for her...she did sooooooo much for you!!! Hugs, Jan

The Barton's said...

So glad you are feeling a little brighter! Don't forget you will probably have some up's and down's. As we are all human just be sure to call on Heavenly Father a little more often on those down days! Glad you got to visit with John. He always made me laugh. Stay strong! With love! Norma

Marie Rayner said...

I knew you wouldn't stay down in the dumps for long my sweet friend. Like Jan, I am so proud of you. You are amazing to me. I love you so very much. I am sorry to hear that Sil had a rough trip home. I am so grateful that she was able to be with you for as long as she was. I keep you and John in my prayers always, but my prayers for you have been a little sweeter and a lot deeper over these past few weeks and will continue to be so. And you continue to be on our Temple's prayer roll. I have not called because I am waiting for a room number or something. I long to hear your voice and to boost your morale however I can! You are my dearest friend, even if you are thousands of miles away. I wish so much that I could be there for you, but alas, all I can do is to hold you in prayer. I send lots of love and tender hugs to you. Remember, baby steps. Rome was not built in a day, and it will take a while, but eventually you should feel great progress being achieved. XXOO
PS - I am so grateful that John was saved as well, and am glad that he got to spend some time with you. I love him too!! Such a dear sweet man!

StitchinByTheLake said...

You are far stronger than you think my friend and it's natural to get down in the dumps sometimes. This too will pass. I am so pleased John was able to spend a couple of hours with you today because that in itself is a great encouragement. And today's Saturday so I bet you get more visitors today - I know that helps the time to pass. I've just thought of you so often and lifted you up each time to our Father who loves you so much. Know that I am thanking God for you and John being allowed to stay here a little longer! blessings, marlene

hoLLy said...

i'm so glad you had a better day today(or was it yesterday). i'm in awe of your strength!!! we say prayers, LOTS of prayers for you. my kids even say "and please bless grammy staff to feel better" at our mealtime prayers:) so lots of prayers from our house! hope each day gets better and better. . .but you can still throw the occasional pity party ya know, its okay :) we know you are going through a painful time. we love you!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You know, sometimes a pity party is well-deserved. Pretty sure you were in that case.

I'm glad you prayed and found the strength to move past it and you sat up and had a nice walk.

Continued prayers for you and your entire family.

I'm so glad Sil was able to get there and stay with you for so long.

mommacitabonita said...

Dearest Lura,
So happy the party is over!! Perhaps another day we will have another party. Which got me thinking, Katie wrote a song titled Another Day, and I thought some of the lyrics might brighten your day. Of course, for me the words come to life when she sings them, but none the less, here they are: " Today, is gonna be the day, where all your worries are washed away, I hear a new song is coming your way, with the voices of angels, singing it's ok cause it' another day... Woke up this mornin' with a smile on my face, cause it's another day, another day to breathe, another day to speak, another day to sing, another day to praise His Holy Name, cause he gives me everyday, yes, He gives me everyday....Today is gonna be the day where all my worries are washed away, I lay my faith at the foot of his throne, where the angels are singing, "you're gonna make it home", cause it's another day, yes it's another day!
Oh Lura, when I need a good cry, I think of a good song, and somehow, my day is better. When we had our little stillborn, you remember?, well we sang over and over, while I was in labor, Jesus, Once was a Little Child" and somehow that sweet song helped make a difficult time, sweeter, knowing the Plan of Happiness. I am so grateful the good Lord spared you, and although this cross is too hard to bear...I am grateful music has a way to soothe the soul and heal the brokenhearted. I love you and we are praying for you every time we think of it! Today is another day to be alive and we are grateful for your life! love, Barbara and Greg

Great-Granny Grandma said...

So glad you don't have to have your lung drained again. Bet that news helped make your day. (((HUGS)))

Sheryl said...

Sweet Lura...I know those pity parties are needed to get out the emotions building up, but we all knew you would try hard to shake it, and let the light of your blessings lead the way. You can surely do this with all the prayers and love and support coming your way. Prayers for angels to buoy you up,and help you through the hardest parts. (((HUGS))) to you sweetheart!

Gloria Baker said...

well done dear Lura!! but a pity party is normal to everybody sometimes! but we have to live day by day not more dear. Hope you feeling better and send you huggs and love, and prayers of course, love yeah! Think, you never are alone dear Lura!! xoxoxoxoxo gloria

The Mom said...

Glad you are having a better day!
Love Ya

Sybil said...

So pleased that you were able to draw on teh reserves today and sit awhile and even take wee walks..It is such slow progress and can be hard to see it yourself but we can see it..and contiue to pray for you and dear John...you are so precious to us.
Night night God Bless,
Love Sybil xx

Silvija said...

I am so sorry I still couldn't be there Lura; I missed your pity party! I feel like I deserted you when you still needed me, but I really had to go home. I need to make doctors' appointments and work on the cancer spots. Ron is leaving and will be gone for the better part of three weeks. Home can't run without one of us there. But I will call and talk to you as often as I can to help you through it! I love you Lura. You are my other half, and I am so sad when you are sad. I know you will be strengthened when you need it the most. Heavenly Father loves you. We all love you!!! You are my inspiration and my champion. I'm glad you have been able to post on your own blog. Everyone loves hearing from YOU!!! All my love,
Sil

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Little Joe prayed for Grammy Staffy last night in family prayer! Loves and hugs!

The Bright Family said...

I've been keeping track of your progress . . . sorry I have not written until now. You have been in my thoughts and prayers, just wish I could actually DO something to help you (it is kind of hard hearing all this when you live too far away to help). I know each day will get you closer and closer to feeling better and returning you to your 'normal' life. Hang in there! You have many people (some have never met you . . . but) who truly care about you and your family. We are praying and thinking of you. :)

hoLLy said...

thinking about you this evening lura...hope today you are doing okay...love you!!!!!

Gloria Baker said...

Thinking of you dear Lura hope you feel a little better. Send you huggs and prayers, Love Ya! gloria