In a few minutes, here in Utah, it will officially be Easter…..my 31st day in the hospital.
I have been thinking a lot about our Savior during the last month since our accident. One day, shortly after the accident when I was in terrible pain in the ICU, my friend Kris gave me an idea. She suggested that maybe my suffering could help me understand a little bit more about how Jesus suffered for us.
I don’t remember much about what was said or what went on those first 2 weeks I was in ICU….But I did remember that idea that Kris gave me. I have thought about it a lot.
I have always loved Jesus Christ. I have always believed He is the son of God, our redeemer and Savior. However, this past month, as I have endured more pain than I thought I could, I think I have come too know Him a little bit better.
I know that my suffering is nothing compared to His. In the Garden He bled from every pore so great was His anguish as He took all of our sins and pains upon Himself. After that long night, He allowed them to scourge Him and hang Him on the cross. He did this for us. He did this because He was submissive to His Father’s plan of salvation. He , who was perfect, did this to atone for us so we can repent of our sins and return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father again.
My suffering has been intolerable to me. I’ve begged for all the pain medicine I could get. For a while, even though I love my family and friends and didn't want them to be sad, I begged God to let me die just to be free from the pain.
I am embarrassed by the lack of modesty forced upon me , as caring nurses help me when I need to go to the bathroom, bathe and dress. Christ was striped naked by cruel men who mocked Him.... and yet He said "Father forgive them"
Our dear Savior took all of this upon Himself….willingly….for us.
How did He do that???? How could He love us that much???
We have a Hymn that says
“I stand all amazed at the love
Jesus offers me.”
Indeed, I do stand all amazed!
Soon all the Christian world will celebrate His resurrection.
He lives… and because of Him we all may return to Heaven and live with Him again.
This Easter, here in the hospital, I love and appreciate His great sacrifice more than ever….and I am so thankful.
Happy Easter to you all.
Hugs, Grammy Lura







24 comments:
Hello Lura,
I love all that you just put on your blog, so beautiful and true. I just wanted to wish you Happy Resurrection Sunday,praying that as each new day comes your pain will become less and less.
Sandie
Happy Easter Lura. I, too, stand all amazed and while I do not know first hand how much He suffered for us I do so appreciate that He did. I am so grateful for your Testimony Lura. It means the world to me. YOU mean the world to me. I love you so very much and am so glad that you and John were not killed in the accident. It is a miracle and a blessing to all those who know and love you both. I know this is not the way you had planned on spending this Easter, but I am ever grateful to have you still with us. ((((hugs)))) I love you so very much and as ever uphold you in my deepest and sincerest prayers. I can tell that they are being answered daily!! xxoo
It is certainly a wonderful blessing to know that we are safe in our Saviors arms wherever and however far away we may sometimes feel...
I thank the Lord daily that you and John are still with us so that in the future you can continue to be his hands and voice to lead many more in his ways...
Have a wondeful Easter Sunday surrounded by love,
Love Sybil xxx
Dear Lura,
Thoughts and prayers are with you on Easter and throughout the year. Joining Sybil in gratitude that you and John are still with us. Continuing prayers for your recovery.
Hugs,
Buttercup
Hard night here, but so grateful for your beautiful testimony. You inspire me. Sending prayers...
Happy Easter Lura! You are such an inspiration to all of us dear friend. I pray today is a good one for you and your family and your pain takes a backseat so that you can enjoy this most holiest of days!
Easter blessings, Linda
Dear Lura Happy Resurrection day!! Blessings hope you have a lovely day with your family, huggs and prayers, Love yah! Gloria
Thankyou for your beautiful testimony Lura. Despite such a rough month, you always express gratitude. What an example you are! I too am amazed at what Christ suffered for all of us...and to think He would've still done it just for me even. That is amazing. I love Him so much and I am so grateful. I'm sorry you've had to experience so much pain:( And I hope the pain becomes less every day. Prayers and love! Happy Easter~hoLLy & fam
P.S. Please stop by and visit!
As our choir sang the cantata, The King is Coming today, my heart rejoiced. He IS coming again and for that we are grateful. I am sorry He suffered and sorry for yours. I pray that soon your pain will just be a memory. Each of us that has had adversity in our lives grow stronger through it. Prayers are being said for your recovery, from people you don't even know.
betty
Happy Easter to you too, dear Lura.
I have been sending you Jackie Lawson e-cards (by e-mail) but it looks like they're not getting to you, so I won't send anymore and use snail mail instead.
(((HUGS)))
Great post Lura! And we love you very much...all your blog friends are praying for you today. blessings, marlene
Hello Lura,
You are showing great spirit here, in very difficult times.
I followed the link here from the comment you left on my blog.
Here is Scripture that I love, and that I pray for you:
Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. 3 John 2
I hope you are pain free today.
Happy Easter Lura,
I hope you were able to spend time with your family and enjoy the day even though you're not at home. Ive been thinking of you and hope that your pain will ease to give you some comfort after so long (((Hugs)))
Dear Lura,
Your thoughts and testimony of our Savior touch my heart. Just reading about how much you have suffered, but how you have been able to understand our Savior's suffering more from your experiences bring tears to my eyes. You are a true disciple of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Happy Easter Lura! I hope you are feeling well today. Much love I send to you today. Thank You for your wonderful thoughts on our savior. Love Norma
I just came over from Buttercup's blog. I'm so sorry for your accident, and the pain you've been through. Your post was wonderful. I have a nephew going through alot of pain right now too. I know this would be inspiring to him. I'll be praying for you.
Blessings,
Marcia
Happy Easter Grammy Lura!!
Praying for you and your recovery.
May your day be filled with Sonshine.
Hugs Granny Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com
Beautiful post! You are precious and beautiful as well my sweet friend! May the Lord bless you! Lots of love and hugs for you! ♥ Shauna
Sorry I'm late,such a lovely post.
Hope you don't mind but I used a picture from your blog to update.
I think you are verry brave,I on the other hand...well was not brave. So thankful for the Gospel in my life. and pepole like you.(HUGS)xxx
Dear Sweet Lura
Your thoughts are so lovely and makes a person think. We are so blessed to have the knowledge we have of Christ and his great love for us. I don't and can't understand how he Atoned for our sins, what he went through it is beyond my conprehension, all because he loves us unconditionally. Can't have a better friend than that. Thank you for your Testimony.
I have been in So. Cal for the last 10 days carring for my Mom, she had foot surgery. All is well for her. I did not take a computer and didn't have time to look at it anyway.
Love Ya
Lura,
You are everything good and wonderful. I am so grateful to know you. Thank you for your posts and your inspiring words of wisdom. I hope your Easter was good. After I get better from this flu, I will come by for another visit!
My dearest friend,
I don't know if you are sleeping while I am writing, but I just wanted you to know that you have been my inspiration my entire life ---well, at least since I was 11. I know how much you have suffered, and yet you still put on a cheerul face for all to see. Don't feel bad about complaining - I don't think you gripe enough! I doubt that most people who come to see you have any idea of your suffering, because you choose not to show it. How right you are about our Savior; we will never understand the level of pain and suffering he went through because of us, but you have caught a glimpse. Thank you for your strength and example. Love you - come home soon!
Sil
dearest Lura!!
I want you to know I thought of you a lot on Easter Sunday! I knew you would be missing your family with all the lovely easter traditions you do. My family prayed for you and my love goes out to you! Speedy recovery!! xx00!
~Rebecca
Post a Comment