Lura had very low blood pressure on Sunday, due to a nurse giving her a dose of blood pressure medication that was on hold. Lura normally takes blood pressure medicine, but since she's been in the hospital, it has been low enough that she hasn't needed it. As I watched Lura have very little energy and hardly be able to keep her eyes open, I looked at her monitor and her blood pressure was 67/42. The monitor started beeping and I hurried to find a nurse. Blood pressure that low can lead to serious risks, so they came in and gave her albumen to raise her pressure. It worked, but after a second dose, Lura started getting chills, then nausea. Her pressure was coming up but slowly, and after a third dose of albumen, she started to shake violently, then she started throwing up. I suggested that she was allergic to the albumen, and when they checked allergy information, one in a million experience that kind of reaction. I always knew Lura was one in a million, so she didn't have to prove it!!! They shooed out her visitors, besides me, and turned off any non-essential machines, closed her door, shut off her calls, and let her sleep. I stayed by her side until 9:30 pm when she awakened. She felt much better and was able to talk to John to let him know she was all right.
There has been no mention of moving her from ICU today. I will let you all know later how she is doing!
Love, Sil
DISRUPT
2 days ago







10 comments:
OMG Sil, hope she feel better, Im worry about her, I think she is so weak (débil) with all she has lived, hope your news lately I will come back later. Thanks for all you make by our lovely friend, send huggs to you an her, abd give her a kiss from, Love ya! gloria
And the hits just keep on coming... My dear Lura when are you going to catch a break... medicine you don't need, alergic reactions, throwing up (that had to feel terrible)... I keep reminding myself that you are alive and so we've already gotten our miracle, but I just wish and have prayed and prayed that you wouldn't have to go through these added little things. I know you are still smiling. I know you are being greatly blessed. I know you are being taken such good care of, but my heart aches for these unnecessary issues. It's the same way I feel when some bumbling nurse, who doesn't understand, hurts Daylon unintentionally. I sound crabby don't I. I'm sorry for that.
I love you and want you to be as comfortable and pain free as possible. Are you getting to eat anything yet? Are you able to get up and walk a bit?
Love and hugs to you and your angel Sil! Jan
Oh dear Lura, you have had more than your share of hurdles to overcome.... I am so sorry! I hope that was the last glitch and from here on out, your recovery goes very smoothly and soon you are strong again. I am so glad Sil is with you - it must be such a comfort to you. It sure is to those of us far away feeling helpless at what you are going through. Jan is right - Sil is an angel!
I hope tonight is restful and comfortable for you and tomorrow you wake up feeling the best yet!
Warm hugs, Linda
What a scare. So glad that you figured out the issue right away and hope that Lura keeps getting stonger by the day. Sending hugs and prayers from New York!
oh no!!!!! :( i hate hearing this...prayers that it only gets better from here on out. i hope right now you are sleeping well and comfortable. were you able to listen to conference at all this weekend? so much of it was about trials and afflictions and how they refine us...it was perfect for me...i've been so disturbed by the trials that my family and friends have been going through lately. sorta that "why does this have to happen?" attitude. the best people i know have been suffering so much lately and its hard to hear and see. but i know its part of the plan and part of our experience. doesn't make it any less painful, but it does help to have an eternal perspective sometimes. you'll come out of this stronger lura! you are gonna beat this and you are going to be back to your healthy pain-free self again. and when you are, it will be oh so sweet. your life is a miracle right now and i know many more miracles are ahead. love you!
Lura, I am so sorry that you had to have the added stress and complication of this. You sounded so tired when I spoke to you yesterday. I am so grateful for Sil and her being with you and keeping us up to date on your progress. What a dear friend she is, a blessing to you and to us. Our prayers continue. You are uplifted every minute of every day. We love you. Be well my sweet friend, be well. ((((hugs)))) (gentle ones of course!) xxoo
Morning Lura, from a rather wet Box. do hope that the sun will be shining for you today...You sure are our miracle woman...Try to keep smiling we all love you so much. Prayers still being raised heavenwards for you and John..
much Love Sybil x
PS watch out for the post xxx
it is so worth checking out my favorite website:
knowthecause.com
this is the best resource for anything health related:)
Aunt Lura,
You are in our thoughts and prayers continually! You are so blessed to have such a wonderful friend like Sil! Thanks sil for being there for your best friend! I know you can get through this. hang in there and know so many people love and care about you! XOXO!
Loree
Sil, Hi, please I want to know how is Lura, how is she now? Huggs and prayers, gloria
Post a Comment