Saturday 4/23/11
Saturday started out with me getting these pretty spring butterflies from Marie.
Then these nice ladies dropped by with an Easter basket for me. They had made , at their own expense, over 100 baskets for all of us in this Care Center. They do this for Easter and Christmas.
At 10:00 a.m. the care center put on an Easter egg hunt for the patient’s families.
Erin and Patrick brought Ellie and Cal.
The Center provided muffins and juice for everyone.
I think that was really nice of them.
Cal was delighted
to find eggs filled with chocolate.
Ellie felt gypped she didn’t get any
delighted for her brother
was ticked
off happy to settle for a nice bottle of milk.
Sunday 4/24/11
Easter Sunday morning I attended church here at the Care Center. Being with some of the other residents here makes me realize that I am not that bad off.
That afternoon Erin brought Ellie by so I could see her in the pretty little dress I had made for her blessing dress. She wore it when she was blessed after my first week in ICU but I was too drugged up to remember it.
I was glad Erin used it as her first Easter dress and I got to see it again. I made it with love for our beautiful girl. I am so glad that it survived the car crash.
That evening Lynell and family drove down to bring me more Easter love.
Lynell and Erin made us a delicious Easter dinner and brought it to the hospital.
They decorated the table so pretty. We invited, Joann, my
cell mate room mate to join us.
It was nice the hospital gave us our own room to use.
Mindy and John called from California to wish us well and tell us they missed us. We missed them too.
After our dinner we played games. Of course I won …almost won.. lost, but I blame it on the pain meds I’m taking.
Then Lonica gave me a much needed pedicure.
I surely appreciate all the work and effort my girls and their families went to, to bring me such a nice Easter dinner. The food was good, tasty, out of this world delicious but as my cell mate, room mate said, the company was even better.
On this beautiful Easter weekend I have felt love for our Savior, Jesus Christ, and love for and from family. I am surely blessed.
I have even more reasons to smile this week. I will show you on my next post.
I have been fighting nausea but it is getting better I think since I’ve been taking my pain pills with soda crackers. Tomorrow I go back to the trauma center at the hospital in Provo to be re-evaluated. I do not look forward to the trip but I am anxious to learn what they will say. I am sick of being in the hospital and I want to go home but at the same time I am not able to do much for myself yet and I am getting good care and therapy here. I will let you know what they say as soon as I find out.
I hope that you all had a joyous Easter. I so appreciate your prayers, love and support.
Thanks to all of you. Hugs, Lura







15 comments:
Hi Lura, what a wonderful post! And such great photos for us to enjoy. I'm so glad your family was able to come and you were able to enjoy them. I'll be anxious to hear about this evaluation and what your next step will be. We had tornados here and lots of damage in my area. One church north of town was totally destroyed and their two vans ended up in the trees! Many homes were destroyed and in other parts of the state 7 or 8 died yesterday. Our power was out for nearly 20 hours but it's on for now. There are more storms tonight and there's been hail as big as baseballs! The hail was amazing that I saw on tv. I'm hoping that some time tomorrow the storms will all be gone. By the way, you look as if you've lost weight. I wouldn't be surprised if you did. You are another day closer to going home! :). Blessings, marlene
So good to see the evidence that our prayers for you are answered for this Easter!
Oh Lura, your sense of humor and smiles brought me to tears!! I kniow they don't mean you are healed, but you are returning to us despite those meds!!
I was delighted to see Ellie in that dress you so lovingly made for her. I told my mom your story and since she sewed Christian dresses, and my wedding dress, she appreciates the time, care and love that went into it. You made her smile when she herard how you made sure it was safe. With her Alzheimer's,not much makes her smile so thank you for that blessing.
I hope John being back by your side is the good news! I will pray pray pray for that!
I like Marlene said - you are one day closer to home!!
Much love from this end of the country to yours! HUGS!
I'm glad to see you enjoying your family, and at least smiling for the cameras. :) You are definitely still in my prayers, and I hope you hear nothing but good news soon. :)
My dear Lura,
I was so happy to see your sense of humor (sarcasm, too!) in such full bloom. That means you are definitely getting better!!! I know it takes a great deal of time to post all the pictures and comments, (as I learned while I was doing it for you!) and it is SO appreciated by all of us that are too far away to come see you. I wish I could have dropped in with an Easter basket or dinner, or even just to watch a movie with you. Those days will be coming!
Love U,
Sil (And I agree with Marlene - You look thinner!)
Good to see you up and about, and you're looking great!
Yay! It looks like you had a fun filled weekend! You are looking great! Good luck on your trip to be evaluated! Much love, norma
You look wonderful Lura! I enjoyed reading about your Easter Sunday. I hope your medical evaluation goes well and your progress wow's your doctors. Love, Sandie
Lura, I was so happy that the card arrived as quickly as it did! I am also glad that you liked it. I got it when Todd and I were about one day in a little garden centre. I saw it and immediately thought of you and how you would enjoy the fluttering butterflies. What a wonderful Easter you managed to have. I know you would rather have been able to have it under much different circumstances, but it is a blessing to be able to find the joy in whatever circumstance we may find ourselves in. Little Elly looks so sweet in that beautiful dress you sewed for her. What an extra special blessing that it was saved. You are so blessed to have this wonderful family Lura, that love you and care for you so very much, and also all of us who do the same. I am praying hard that today they will make the right decision for you and that you will be happy and able to cope with it, whatever it is. I love you my sweet friend. You are a real treasure to me. I count myself blessed to be able to call you friend and sister. XXOO
PS - You have come such a long way since day 1, and like the other commentator said . . . each day is another day closer to home. (((hugs))) However do you do the crossed out words! I have always wanted to know how to do that and how to do hearts! You are one smart cookie!
aah! Dear Lura, you always are smiling, I learn a lot of things of you my dear, easter was nice but have a lot of problems, Esperanza bring a little dog (she find in the street) and sadly die, to you can understan, anyway, here we are to a new week. Im a little tired you know. Mom have a test today hope all goes well Im a little worry of course.
Oh Dear I dont want worry you are really nice, and what adorable and cutes are the pictures, really Im grateful of your pics, all look nice and lovely and Erin kids are adorable!! Hope you have a lovely and nice day and feel better, I continue praying for you.
Last Sunday I was church with hubby, (many times I didnt go) and pray specially for you and Mom in this ressurection day, was nice. Huggs and love, gloria
Dear Lura, You never fail to amaze me...There you are sitting there so beautiful looking. who would believe what you hav egone through this last month...I am so glad that the wee ones came to visit. Ive said before I could just steal these two away !! Ellie's dress is so gorgeous.. It was goo dthat the care home were able to give you the room etc to have the tea in and just liek you to share it with your room mate...
Take care, I look forward to hearing what is happening mext..
I keep you in my prayers also of course John and all teh family who are caring for you se much.
Love Sybil xx
you look beautiful lura and i can't believe you are walking and standing. from the pics, you just look amazing(i know you don't feel amazing, but you know what i mean:)not trying to downplay your pain, but you look great. so glad you had so many people to spend easter with and such great food, treats, gifts and company. looks like you managed to enjoy it despite everything else. we are still thinking about you and praying hard for you! hope you are able to go home soon!
Wow girl...do you look gorgeous and happy!! I love that your family can surround you with love and care and blessings, and spend so much time with you! they learned from the best, and now can give back.
YOu are soooo funny and get us all smiling as we read of your escapades! Prayers and love continue to be sent your way!!
Do you want to know what impressed me the most about your post? It is how you look. Compared to the pictures from just a couple of weeks ago, you look amazing. I can't believe that you were up and outside for the Easter Egg Hunt. Keep fighting, you ARE making progress. We love you and are all cheering for you. Can't wait to hear the update!!
Happy, happy Easter.
So glad to see you smiling and celebrating with your family and new friends.
Post a Comment