Friday, March 25, 2011

To all of Lura's dear blogging friends:

This is from her long-time friend Silvija.

Lura and John were involved in a serious car accident on Friday, March 25th, in Nephi, Utah. Lura and John are going to be OK, but Lura is in Utah Valley Hospital in Provo, where she was transferred from Nephi. They were travelling on the freeway at about 75 miles per hour when the car in front of them lost control on the ice, spun around and hit them head-on. They were then knocked across the freeway into oncoming traffic and hit by a semi-truck. John suffered a head injury multiple bruises and contusions and lost a lot of blood. Lura has 15 fractured ribs, broken sternum, and serious bruising, and many injuries they are still diagnosing. They are concerned about her developing pneumonia because people with broken ribs don't take deep breaths.

I would like to ask all of you to pray for her, and if you can, please call your local temple and put their names on the prayer roll.

As I get more information, I will post it to her blog.

Silvija

13 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Sil, thanks so much for letting us know this. I am very upset and am saying prayers. I will also put their names into the Temple. I knew they were going on this trip and I was praying for their safety. I had some unsettled feelings about this trip that I never had about any of the others. Bless you for letting us know. xxoo

Jan's Blog said...

Thank you for the information. They are blessed to be alive. Lura texted me, or someone texted me for her, saying she has 14 broken bones. There will be many prayers said for them, and Kris and I will be by your side taking care of them when they get home. How we love Lura and John!

It was a delight meeting you a few weeks back, though I was in pretty rough shape that day. I'm doing better now and look forward to being blessed with the ability to take care of Lura as she always takes care of me.

Lura...when you read this...we love you sooooooo much. Get better and come home soon.

Love and hugs,
Jan

Gloria Baker said...

Sil Love Lura, is an special person forme for many reasons, My thoughts and prayers are with her and hubby Only want she will be ok is an amazing human being and I love her, huggs to all of you , gloria, Chile S.A.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Sil - thank you for letting us know! I will be keeping them in my heart, thoughts and prayers!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Please tell Lura that I love her and will be praying here in Arkansas. And please keep us posted as you can with updates on their progress. Praise God that they are going to survive this - He surely had His hand on them. blessings, marlene

Sheryl said...

We just got this news, and my husband is on the phone with her as we speak. What a horrific experience for them. Our son is a 3rd year medical student, he is there in Orem, and we are going to have him go over and see them at the hospital. We do need lots of fasting and prayers going to heaven for them.

hoLLy said...

oh no oh no oh no! my heart fell to the floor when i started to read this. i'm so sorry this has happened to such wonderful people. . i love you lura and john and will pray for you every day. so sorry for such a traumatic and painful experience but i'm grateful you will be okay. you have a rough road of recovery ahead i'm sure and i will pray for that recovery to be as quick as possible. i still can't believe this happened, i feel sick! :(

TUTU Monkey said...

Oh my gosh.......I have been in the process of moving so have not been to my computer. I am so , so sorry to hear this news. Thank you for posting. I will call or get a note of to them ....and of course many prayers.

Tracy said...

Hello! I'm a friend of Marie who writes at A Year from Oak Cottage, and know a bit of Lura from her... I am so terribly sorry to hear what's happened, and just wanted to extend my heartfelt prayers to Lura, John and all the family & friends... Hoping very much Lura will make a great recovery *LOVE & PRAYER*

Tara D. said...

I was so shocked when I heard this, but so relieved that you two are going to be okay. I'm so sorry that you are in such pain, Lura. Just know that you have so many who love you and John. You guys will be in my prayers! Sending get well wishes your way!!!!!

Patty said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. Holly called and told me; she was very upset, as we all are. You are a very special person, and we love you and are praying for you.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Praying, praying, praying. I saw the address, thank you for posting it.

Shirley Brashear said...

Dearest Lura,

You truly are a miracle. I feel so bad knowing you are going through so much. But I know God hears your and our prayers. I love you and will be so happy when you return home. Love ya, Shirley