Monday, March 28, 2011

Crash photos and cards

Here are more pictures of the car that Lynell took of the accident.

Lura knew they they had two head on collisions
but did not know that they got hit from the back until
Lynell showed her this picture.
The rear end collision must have been what propelled
them across the freeway into on coming traffic
.
View from inside the car.
Lura said one of the most frightening parts of the crash was
after the first crash when the airbags deflated
and she saw they were headed across the freeway towards another collision
Everyone said it was a miracle they both were not killed.

Yesterday Lura had lots of family visit her which helps her keep her mind
off of the pain.
The granddaughters taped get well cards up in the room
Lynell reads her your comments each day.
Lura says it is the get well wishes, love and prayers that are getting her through this.
Family can not stay with her during the week so I am flying to Utah tonight and will stay at the hospital with her. I will update you again tomorrow when I get there.
Thank you for your love and prayers for Lura.
Sil

15 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

Oh Sil that you so much for the pictures. I just burst into tears upon seeing Lura. I know she is in such pain, and I can see it in the pictures, but there she is, looking like her darling adorable self and it hit my heart like a ton of bricks. Even in agony she is beautiful! And Sil I'm so happy that you are going to her side. How I want to do that, but can't, and how wonderful it is to know that you can and you are. She will be so blessed by your presence. Please give her lots and lots of tiny whisper-like hugs from me. Tell her I love her. Tell her I'm sending her some things, along with my love. And please post more pictures of her. It does me good to see her!!!
Love and hugs to you both, Jan

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Sil my heart is in pain when I see Lura but I know she is suffering, Hope in God she feel good soon, not with pain. Thanks by sharing this Loads of love to you and Lura and family, huggs gloria

Anonymous said...

I just hopped on my blog and saw Lura's. My heart and my prayers are with them. Let her know I will call and come visit sometime soon, hopefully tomorrow I can make it there to see her. Thank you for keeping us updated. Much love, Hiroko

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Lura, I am praying hard that you get some relief from the pain. I am so happy that Sil will be with you soon. Having a dear friend close-by to help and support you is a wonderful thing.
Sending more of my warmest but most gentle hugs!!

hoLLy said...

seeing lura like this just breaks my heart:( i think this might be the first time i've ever seen her in a picture without a huge beaming beautiful smile on her face. i'm so sad. lura, i'm praying for you and thinking about you so so much. i hope your breathing improves and that your pain is being managed well. lots of love and warm thoughts from my fam to yours(my extended family is also aware and praying. and my own mom cried when she found out about you. she knows how special you are to me!) hang in there my friend.

Unknown said...

Hi Lura,
This is my second attempt to send a note to you. The first one disappeared because I didn't have a google account.
I was so shocked when Maureen asked for prayers in church on Sunday due to the accident. May God be with you every moment in your healing. I am glad that I'll be able to follow your recovery because of this blog.
Take care, Kathy Shepardson

SmileySunrise said...

I am continuing in prayer and care. I am grateful you have had family and friends to be there with you at this time of special need. I'm sure they are a blessing to you.

(((((with prayer and care)))))

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, I am so grateful for your good friend Sil and her frequent updates. I am also so grateful that she will be with you. How wonderful to have your lifelong friend with you to help care for you. I am sure that will help you so much. Oh how I love you and wish I could be there for you. It is so sad to see you in that hospital bed, but at the same time I am so grateful that you made it through the crash and are still with us. My heart could not have borne losing you, but that is the selfish part of me. I hope and pray that each day it becomes a little easier for you to breathe and that the pain gets that much easier to bear. It was good to talk to you again yesterday. You sounded better than the day before. I know you are in a lot of pain my sweet friend and I so wish that I could take some of it away from you as do all of your friends who love you so very much. I am hoping that John is ok. I will try to call later today again, if only for a short. I love you as always. You are very dear to me. xxoo

Brenda Evans said...

Hang in there Lura - you are doing great. I am wishing you much healing as quickly as possible. With all the love of friends and family you will heal so much faster. Isn't it wonderful to have such caring people around you. Sending you happy thoughts from the U.S.

Jan's Blog said...

I LOVE YOU LURA. YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS (ALONG WITH JOHN OF COURSE) DAY AND NIGHT. YOU ARE SO LOVED AND WILL BE SO MISSED. I WAS HAVING A HARD TIME THINKING OF YOU BEING AWAY FOR 2 WEEKS JUST AFTER I HAD BEEN AWAY NEARLY 2 WEEKS. I KNOW THIS WILL TAKE A BIT LONGER... I LOVE YOU LURA!

Wendi said...

Oh Lura....I had no idea...I am so sorry. I haven't read any blogs this week, so imagine my shock when I pulled up your page and saw photos of your mangled car and you in a hospital bed.I am sorry about this horrible accident, but know that you were certainly being watched over and taken care of by a loving Heavenly Father.Please know that my prayers are with you and your sweet family. ((hugs))
~Wendi

Grandma Sandie said...

Hi Lura,
I hope this note finds you feeling a lot better.Your so much on my mind, and in my prayers. You have so many wonderful friends and family praying for you.
I'm so happy to hear that your best friend could come and stay with you. I will try calling you again today or tomorrow.
love, your neighbor Sandie

StitchinByTheLake said...

Hi Lura, I've left messages here twice but for some reason they aren't showing up! :) Just want you to know I'm continuing to pray for you and John giving thanks for survival first but asking for rapid healing and wonderful strength from our Father. blessings, marlene

Kris said...

You look beautiful! Shouldn't you have dark circles under your eyes, a sad look on your face and disheveled hair? You look like you are in a peaceful repose basking in the adoring attention of your precious ones.

Photos don't reveal all the truth, do they?
It is wonderful to know that you are being taken such good care of by professionals and family and friends.

That little Prius of yours took the hit for you. Really, for such a little car it did a good job of protecting you. What a miracle.
Sending you blessings and Love

Mandy said...

Hi Lura ~ Sure hope you feel better soon. I've been sick with a bad cold, so I didn't hear about the accident until Bill came home from church on Sunday. You know I'm adding my prayers to all the others for your quick recovery. Hugs to you.