Friday, March 18, 2011

Meet Supergram

I know that you've all heard of
Superman

But have you met
Supergram?

Two weeks ago Mindy asked me if I would make
Superman capes for Austin's birthday party.
...
I said sure.... how many do you want???
....5????......6?????

NO????

.... HOW MANY DID YOU SAY???... !!!!
Did you count them???
I made 18 Superman capes.

The material was thin and I had to serge
each one with tissue paper to get rolled edges.
I made enough confetti for New Year's Eve on Time's Square.
In fact , Buttercup, why don't you let me know who I should
call to donate it to NYC. lol
However, it was worth all the work when I saw
how cute and happy all the little Supermen were today
at Austin's party.

...
However, you may not think me being a mass producer of
Superman capes qualifies me to
get the title of Supergram.....
.... but what if I tell you that while I was making
all those capes I was also finishing up...

....two quiet books that I'm making for Calan's and
Evan's 2nd birthdays....

...and..
I also cut out and...
got Ellie's Temple/Blessing dress about 3/4 of
the way done.

What do you think?
Does getting all that done
in 12 days
earn me the title of
Supergram???

(Actually is was really in less time than that.
I didn't sew on Sunday, I was gone much of Wed.
interviewing applicants for scholarships and most of Thur.
working at the temple.)

Ha.... well ... even if I'm not Supergram...
at least it explains why I haven't
had time to even sit down at my computer for days at a time.
I've been sitting at a sewing machine or doing handwork
from early morn until after midnight almost every day.

I hope to finish Ellie's dress in a day or two and then
I'll get back to visiting you.
Even when I am too busy to drop by and say "Hello"
I think of you often with love and wish you well.
Hugs, Grammy (AKA Supergram???)

12 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Wow Lura! That makes you more than a Supergram in my books that makes you an ULTRA Supergram on jet fuel!! I am absolutely gobsmacked and amazed at all you have accomplished! 18 superman capes?? Mind boggling! Those little quiet books are fabulous. The beautiful little blessing dress, so wonderful. Oh Lura, you are truly amazing and your family is so very lucky to call you mum, Gran, wife, eternal companion . . . and I am so lucky to be able to call you my friend! That you manage to find even a little time in this busy life of yours for me is truly a gift. I mean that from the bottom of my heart!! I love you so very much! You are a blessing to me and everyone lucky enough to be a part of your life. Truly. Love you loads and loads! xxoo

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Thanks for checking on me Lura!! How sweet of you. I am fine but Dad had some medical issues that sent him to the hospital and then rehab, and with David back to work (and enjoying it) lots of little things are back on my shoulders so I have less time to blog and read blogs now. This weekend I am hoping to finish a project and have some time to make a post finally!

You are indeed Supergram!! Oh my, I am sure I would have been thinking some not so nice words in my head dealing with that fabric but they look wonderful and I can only imagine the delight in each child's eyes!!! And those books... they are precious! What wonderful gifts!! And then the dress... another family heirloom in the making. Yes, you are Supergram !! No wonder you have such a fine family - you and John are amazing role models! You inspire me so and coming here always makes me want to be a better person. I truly mean that!
I hope your weekend is full of smiles! Hugs to you my friend!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Good heavens I can't imagine how you did all that in that length of time. I'd be exhausted! The dress is truly scrumptious. :) blessings, marlene

TUTU Monkey said...

HOLY MOLY!!!!!! You are AMAZING!!!! Good job....you are SUPERGRAM for sure! 18!

Those quiet book are such a special gift. You are very inspiring. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

You ARE Supergran!!! I think you are one amazing gran and I hope, hope, hope that I can be a gran like you! 12 (11) days! I think it would take me that long to make one! You are amazing!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh my goodness..definitely SuperGram! That's very impressive. Those capes are adorable and so are the books.

And, I'm amazed at anybody that can sew anything...much less a dress!

Erin said...

Mom, you are super grammy for sure! I cannot wait to see the quiet book for Cal- it is SO perfect! Being quiet during church is such a challenge for our little man. I can't wait! AND Ellie's dress is beautiful! Can't wait to see it in real life!

I love you so much!

hoLLy said...

i think you should retitle your blog "adventures of supergram" and put as your header a picture of you wearing a cape! :) you are supergram! wow, thats a heck of a lot of sewing!! you sure love your grandkids and they of course love you too. how blessed they are to have you. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow miss staffy you are supergram, Email me I have so much to tell you.... armandopescobedo1@gmail.com

Marla said...

this is Grace! Wow! 18 super man capes! I only really had 7 people come to my birthday party! I hope you had a fun time!
love,Grace
P.S I posted a new post on my blog!

Cathyjo said...

Marie is always right,You are you are a ULTRA Supergram and that that.xx

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wow, Lura! Supergram is putting it mildly in my book.