Lura had quite a day today! Bless her heart. She was probed, and pinched, and bled today. Her lungs were filling with fluid, and there was fear that the fluid was blood, and blood can harden and then become scar tissue. So they went in and drained over 700 ml from her lower lobe of her left lung.(See bottle above) It wasn't as much blood as they thought, but it looked like dark red kool-aid. The procedure was difficult but Lura was a trooper and came out of it just fine. I held her hands during the procedure, while they had her bent over a table with a pillow on it. I can't sing worth a bean, but I sang her a funny song, and that took her mind off what they were doing to her. She feels better now because the lungs are working better. The part of her lung that had collapsed from all the fluid is already filling with air again, as the chest x-rays they took immediately afterwards showed. Considering her chest was crushed, it is amazing that Lura keeps breathing. I am so grateful for everyone's prayers. I was not ready to lose my precious lifelong friend! Keep your comments coming. Lura reads them at 3:00 in the morning when she can't sleep. They comfort her and take her mind off all her pain.
Love, Sil







17 comments:
Yeah Lura! You look better already and it must be oh so good to have all that junk out of your lung. It an answer to many prayers. Kris made an announcement at the preparedness meeting tonight and I could just feel the love of that room for darling you! You and John are truly loved! I shall sleep easier tonight knowing that you are doing better, but no getting lazy my sweet friend. Cough, Cough, Cough so this can't happen again.
Oh Sil I'm so glad you were there to hold Lura's hand. You're her angel! Thank you from all of us who love her.
Love and hugs to all, Jan
Wow! So glad you made it through and that they were able to clean you out. I have been praying for you all day. I love you mom. Talk to you in the morning. XXXOOO Lynell
(and Loni too!)
Lura, I am so sorry that you had to go through that, but relieved that now it is done and you can begin to really heal. Yayy! I know how much you were dreading it. I am so grateful that Sil was there to hold your hand and help get you through it all. A huge pat on the back to Sil for being there for you when the rest of us who would love to be there for you can't. You are looking so much better with each picture that I see. I love you so much my friend. Please work hard at getting well. The selfish me is not at all ready to lose you, and yet as I say that I ask my Heavenly Father to forgive me for my selfishness. You are my dearest friend. I truly treasure you. It pains me to be thousands of miles away . . . but I hold you in my heart and carry you around in my prayers all the day through. Keep coughing and breathing as deeply as you can. It will get easier with each day that follows. The worst is over now. I love you Lura. Be well. xxoo
PS Many thanks to Sil who is so good at keeping us updated on your progress and at being such a loving support for you. xxoo hugs and kisses to her too!!
Lura, As soon as Russell and I both got home last night, he asked what was the latest on the blog. (funny for him, not his thing, shows his deep concern for your recovery!) We are so happy to see how good you look!! What a trooper you are to fight for your health and your healing! Breathe, breathe, cough, cough! :)
We all love that Sil is there with you, and can hold your hand and sing to you, and keep your spirits up. I love that you are close to family, and that they are there for you.
You are constantly in my prayers thru the day, and I know that you are being cared for by our Father in Heaven.
Keep it up sweet friend! The Priest quorum spent their Tuesday night doing your lawns, and serving as they can.
Have a peaceful, healing, and productive day!!
Love you!
Yuck Lura! I'm so glad that stuff is out of you! I know it was probably an awful procedure but it's done now and you can begin to feel better. By the time your grandchildren come back to see you this weekend you'll probably be ready to dance a little jig with them. Well, maybe not...but soon! I'm still praying! blessings, marlene
I think Lura you look absolutely beauty my dear!!
Thanks by your comment, but dear take it easy try to rest and happy.
We are happy you are OK. We continue praying my dear, Hope John is OK and fine.
Im absolutely thanksful with SIl is an amazing and lovely friend. Send s huggs to you John and Sil, Love ya! gloria
Huggs and blessings!! xoxoxo gloria
In my prayers and really almost all day Im with you my dear friend! huggs gloria
Oh Lura, it is so much better out than in your lungs! I hope you see a marked improvement now and feel and breath better. I hope you can do your breathing treatments better and expand those lungs to bring precious oxygen to all your body - it need it to heal! And heal you must - we need you!! You are such a light in so many lives. Not just those who know you in person and have been blessed to be in your company, but also those of us who find inspiration in your smiles here online!! Sending more of those extra gentle hugs dear Lura!! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!
Good morning my dear. I hope you had the best sleep last night since the accident. The house is busy today in preparation for Craig and Kris to leave for Utah tomorrow. I'm so jealous that they get to come see you, but I'm sending along a little token of my love in the form of tiny treasures... You'll see...
Love you, Jan
How in the world do you just keep smiling?
I was able to announce this latest success last night at our Emergency Preparedness mtg. So the word is spreading. You called just moments before it began. Perfect timing, my dear.
I had no idea how huge 700 ml is . It sounds like a lot and it IS.
I keep finding myself taking deep breaths. It is because I think of you so often. Each time reminds me of my sweet friend whose EVERY breath hurts. And every time I offer a prayer for you.
Wow that is alot of junk in your lung. I hope you are feeling better with all of that out. Rest and keep getting better. Love you!
Lura this is Jan's neice, I know I have never met you before. I often read your blog and think you are such a sweet woman with a beautiful family. I'm sure your smile lightens up everyones day in that hospital. Try to keep your spirits up!! Its obvious your time here is not meant to be over, and that you have more joy to share with the world. You look so good! and I'm sure you will feel as good as look soon, hang in there :)
I'm glad everyone's ok!
Oh Lura,you are amazing!! I can't believe all you and continue to go through. We are now in Hawaii. Reed and I spent a couple of hours in the water yesterday and had along walk on the beach. Sightseeing today. I am getting really excited to get on the cruise where I can unpack and still do all the things we are going to do from one spot!! Keep working hard and I will keep you updated on the wonderful vacation that you helped to plan. Thank you for helping me to accomplish this. I will always be grateful for your help to get this done. I am thinking of you every day and we continue to pray for you!! Love you!
So happy to hear the procedure went well - it is a good step towards your rapid and complete recovery. How could it not be with all the prayers coming your way. Love 2 U Karen
I haven't been blogging much in the last week and didn't know about this, but I do pray for my blog friends daily and am putting sweet Lura at the top of my prayer list. I know she is well taken care of and am praying for a complete recovery. We need to meet this summer! Lots of hugs from Buttercup!
Post a Comment