Sunday, March 27, 2011

Breathing is difficult

Hello friends, Lura is having a tough time breathing and is getting phlegm in the bottom of her lungs. So another specific to pray for. She has a breathing apparatus that she is using once an hour, but she needs to use it more to move that phlegm out of there. Needless to say, with all those broken ribs, that isn't easy to do. Pray that she can fight her way through the pain and make herself breathe deeper and cough more. Lynell reads all your comments to her, and she so appreciates your care and love. Lynell got her laptop from the car, and tomorrow she will have it, and will be able to read them for herself. I will still probably be doing her posting, as she isn't up to doing that, but she will love reading all you have to say. Love, Sil

17 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

Count with our prayers, tonight I will specially for Laura Breath, send you huggs and kisses, and thanks Sil, gloria

Gloria Baker said...

Be strong dear Lura, as you are my dear! gloria

Judy - Scottsdale,AZ said...

Praying for you from Scottsdale, AZ. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
I've enjoyed your blog for some time. Found you through Marie in England. Wishing all the best to your husband also. I know you have the best family that will help you through this!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Lura, I can only imagine how hard it is to deep breath, but you must my dear - you must!! We want your lungs healthy for when all the other nasty breaks, bumps and bruises heal!

Please know my thoughts go to you often throughout my day!! Sending much love and prayers your way. Grammie Linda

Kris said...

Lura, Lura, Lura. Breathe. Cough. Laugh. It will heal you.
We are praying.
We fasted for you and John today.
Miracles will keep pouring out upon you. Believe. Breathe. Believe.

Jan's Blog said...

Thanks again Sil for your updates. I get so excited when I see a new post with new news. It's so great to have something specific to pray for. Red blood cells and breathing...

Lura, when I had my car accident I had one broken rib and one fractured rib, and I could hardly breath, so I'm praying so hard for you. You must breath and cough... Oh I know it hurts so badly, but you must, and we will all pray that the pain will be manageable!!!
Love you, Jan

Loree said...

Aunt Lura,
oh my... i just heard about your awful car accident today! i am so sorry! i will pray for you and uncle john for a quick recovery! I will be putting your name in the Mesa Temple ASAP~ I sure love ya.... May the Lord bless you and give you the courage and strength you will need to endure this trial. xoxo thinking of you both!

Peggy Glasmann said...

Oh Lura! I hadn't checked my blog for a little while as I had all my grandkids here for spring break. Wow. You are now in our prayers. I can't wait to tell you about our cruise that you so wonderfully helped us with. We are so excited to go. Breathe hard and cough so we can share with you our little ray of sunshine. We love you both.
Peggy

hoLLy said...

i'm so sorry you are having such trouble breathing and so much pain lura. i can't even imagine what you are going through right now. hang in there my sweet sweet friend! hugs and prayers and love from my family to yours. . .

Heather said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. So glad you have your family with you. Love you!

SmileySunrise said...

I will be joining in prayer for Lura and John. This is my first visit to Lura's site, as I read about the need for prayer on Marie's site. May our precious Heavenly Father surround them and comfort them, and grant them all that is needed.

With prayer and care,
Dawn

Marie Rayner said...

Breathe Lura, Breathe! Cough too, even if it hurts. I was so happy to get to speak to you today. I love you so much. You sounded much better than the day before. You are such an inspiration to each of us.
Remember each day is one day closer to being well again. You have Todd and my un-ending prayers and love. You are being borne up with angel's wings and prayers the world over. Thanks very much to Sil for keeping us updated so well. It is very much appreciated! xxoo

Quirky Cafe said...

Hello
I am a reader of Marie's Blog and I just wanted to send you both a big loving cyber hug from South Wales. I can tell from your photograph that you are wonderful people, the aura of The Lord shines from you.
You are in my prayers and I can't wait to check in to see you writing your blog again. xxxxxx

LYN said...

Hi Lura...
Hope you remember me..Maries blogging friend from Florida..just wanted to let you know you are in my prayers..I wish you all the best on your road to recovery and for your husband too..
God Bless
Lyn xx

Brenda Evans said...

Laura hang in there and keep fighting. I know it's hard - I've been thru this same thing although not as bad as yours. It's very hard to breath when it hurts but this too shall pass and with God's help you will muster through this. I read Marie's blog and have been keeping up with our progress as this was such a horrible thing to happen. I will pray for you my dear and keep you in my thoughts even tho we do not know each other. Hang in there and know that there will be better days ahead. God bless your husband also.

Kristine said...

Here from Marie's blog...one more person thinking of you and praying. God is good! :)

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Lura hope you feeling better each day, send you huggs, kisses and prayers of course, blessings, gloria