Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Amazing Progress

The accident happened Friday evening at 6:00 p.m.
This is how Lura looked on Saturday
at 6:00 p.m.
Do you know what has gotten Lura from looking like this...

...To this today???

Sunday


Monday

Tuesday...
Lura says it is our love, support and prayers.

I got here this morning and Lura was having kind of a rough day,
but tonight she is breathing deeper and working through the pain.
Her spirits are better and she appreciates the good nurses and staff here.
I think the hospital is wonderful, and I am glad to be here with her now.
One of her doctors came in with her chest x-rays, showed her all her broken
ribs, and the fluid and phlegm accumulating in the bottom of her lungs.
He told her she had to work harder at coughing and her breathing treatments
or pneumonia could kill her. That was very motivating to her,
and she works hard at her breathing treatments.
Mostly, I am so happy to see her smile.
She so appreciates your phone calls and texts and all your prayers.
Your comments are so helpful to her. When she's awake at 3:00 in the morning,
she rereads all your comments and it helps her get through the night.
She tries to read all of your blogs, but she is just not up to making comments.
Lots of love, Sil


14 comments:

Karen said...

Lura, I am amazed at how good you look! I am sure you don'tfeel as good as you look though. We are praying for you daily at our house for a speedy and rapid recovery. Love you you and John and all the family. I'm glad to hear the "dress" made it through ok. I told my mom I was sure you thought of that dress right away and wanted to know if it made it ok. We sometimes worry over such small things. I hope to call you tomorrow. Continue to BREATHE deeply and get rid of all that gunk! Love, Karen

Judy - Scottsdale,AZ said...

So HAPPY to see the progress you have made. Keep up the deep breathing...I know it's not easy but you can do it! Loved seeing the pictures of your family....they are the best!!!
Take care and know that you are in my prayers.

TUTU Monkey said...

Please...please please let Lura know that we are thinking about her ( and John) and we love her. Sending lots of prayers. Big hugs!!

Amy Rae said...

Lura, I've never met you, but I've seen your example and love in what a wonderful friend/woman Erin is. I wanted to offer my encouragement to the others. I spent 7 months in the very hospital that you're in now. I too hated the incentive sporameter (the breathing device), but I know that you are in good hands there and I also know that miracles take place there. This is a great time for you to be able to draw closer to your Heavenly Father through prayer as you see many small (and sometimes huge) miracles that occur each day in the hospital. Know that even "strangers" are praying for you and that you have the strength to get better. Take care, Amy :)

Marie Rayner said...

Oh my dear Lura, how sad to see that top photo of you. It breaks my heart, but to see you smiling in the subsequent ones is so uplifting. There you go again, uplifting us when we should be uplifting you!! I am glad that Sil is there now. That will be a big help. Oh, I wish that I could take alot of the burden of your pain away or at least bear some of it for you. I will call later today (early today your time. With the 7 hour time difference there is not a large window of time that I can call, but expect to hear from me if only for a few minutes at some point. Please breathe deeply and get better. You are so loved and needed by so many. Your example is touching so many lives. We had the missionaries over for supper last night, and shared a prayer with them for you and your family, and you and John are now on their prayer list as well. There are so many loving you and praying for you. Look for the miracles each day. They are there and you will find them. I love you my dear friend. Will talk to you later today! xxoo

Kris said...

Hello my dear. So sorry that I didn't call yesterday. We had the missionaries over for breakfast then the little birthday party/presidency mtg. for Shirley at my house which we carried on for 4 hours! We had great fun AND got lots of work done. It was a super duper busy day. All through it I thought and and prayed for you.
Joan, Shirley and Kevy are sending you love and prayers. Shirley, of course has talked to you. Joan will call soon. Her husband George is having a very tough time trying to get a sore on his toe to heal. The latest news is grim. They are doing everything they can think of, a cast, RX and daily visits to use the Super Beric (I have no idea how to spell that) chamber daily.
I am just about ready to leave for the temple this morning. Sis. Morgan will be there and anxious to know the updates. I will give her your blog address. She probably has little discretionary time to sit and blog but who knows.
And...you sure look great. Being surrounded by love is great Rx

Gloria Baker said...

Lura you look awesome and nice (like always) Im happy you are better my dear friend, lovely pictures, send you huggs and prayers of course to you all! Love ya! gloria

Gloria Baker said...

Thanks Sil for all your support and for the news dear, xxxx gloria

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Dear Lura, I am so happy for the progress you have made but I know it hasn't been easy and you still have hard work ahead of you. I wish I could snap my fingers and clear out those lungs and heal those bones and tissues for you. Since I can't do that, I will send up more healing prayers and thoughts and send many warm but ever so gentl hugs to you!! Lots of love across the miles!!

Jan's Blog said...

Oh Sil... She looks so much better, but still in agony. Craig sneezed the other day and all I could think of was what it must be like if Lura sneezed...the sheer agony it would cause. I can barely get through my day without realizing how many things I can do that Lura can't do, and won't be able to do for a long time, and it breaks my heart. I've never prayed so much in my life, and I've never feared so much. She must breathe and cough and get out the crud in her lungs. Please find a way for the painful cough to be a blessing to her, because that it exactly what it is. It's a life saving blessing and she must cough as much as possible as often as possible. Heavenly Father tell us that all our losses will be restored... I'm not sure why I said that. Anyway, love to your both Sil and Lura. Tons of tiny, gentle hugs. Jan

CompleteLee Blogger said...

Wow! I haven't been over to your blog for a while. So glad you are recovering well. Your faith and love are inspiring. Hugs from fellow blogger--Marika

StitchinByTheLake said...

Girl you look gorgeous even all beat up! :) What amazing progress you've made - I know it might not feel like it to you but it's there in the pictures. God most certainly has plans for you, things to do, people to love, so breathe and cough however they tell you so that you come out of this even stronger than before. I bet the next time you feel like posting Grammy's Smiles there will be an abundance of them! I love you and am continuing to pray for His strength and grace. blessings, marlene

The Mom said...

Dear Lura, Wow it is amazing that you look so much better. I am glad Silvia is there with you, just knowing that makes it easier for all especially you. Keep up the breathing and coughing.
Give our love to John.
Love Ya. Fran

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, so good to talk to you again yesterday, but worried about your lungs. I am hoping and praying that the fluid shot did what it was supposed to and that John has been able to be checked out again. I know that you are still in a lot of pain and that breathing is so difficult for you, but keep on breathing deep as you can and coughing as much as you can, even though it hurts. I wish that I could will the pain away from you and onto myself, I really do, but all I can do is to pray that each day it will become a little less and that you will continue to get better and better. I send so much love your way you must be practically smothered by it! I do love you my dear friend. You mean the world to me. xxoo