Thanks to all of you who responded to my last post and
remembered Lexi and her family in your prayers.
The funeral was yesterday.
Suicide is very hard for family and friends to understand
and deal with....
but a loving spirit was strong at the funeral
which brought peace to troubled hearts.
Please continue praying for this family.
We are also praying for those who are suffering in Japan.
May God bless and comfort all of those who mourn.
...
1. My biggest smile came this week
when I learned my son and his family....
are moving from eastern US to Utah.
David and Marla were both raised in CA...
... but...
every since Dave got his Masters
in Organizational Behavior
at BYU,
they have lived across the US in one state or another.
We just learned he is being transferred to Utah.
They will only be about 700 miles away
so we can drive to see them... and will often.
They will be near our two daughters and
their families who live in Utah.
We are thrilled....thrilled...thrilled!
...
Now I want to share with you the smiles
I put on hold last week
because of Rocky's death.
...
Late Friday night, March 4th,
John picked up Lynell and Johnny at LAX
The funeral was yesterday.
Suicide is very hard for family and friends to understand
and deal with....
but a loving spirit was strong at the funeral
which brought peace to troubled hearts.
Please continue praying for this family.
We are also praying for those who are suffering in Japan.
May God bless and comfort all of those who mourn.
...
1. My biggest smile came this week
when I learned my son and his family....
David and Marla were both raised in CA...
... but...
every since Dave got his Masters
in Organizational Behavior
at BYU,
they have lived across the US in one state or another.
We just learned he is being transferred to Utah.
They will only be about 700 miles away
so we can drive to see them... and will often.
They will be near our two daughters and
their families who live in Utah.
We are thrilled....thrilled...thrilled!
...
Now I want to share with you the smiles
I put on hold last week
because of Rocky's death.
...
Late Friday night, March 4th,
John picked up Lynell and Johnny at LAX
Peter Vidmar Invitational Gymnastics Meet.
I made sure he got a hearty breakfast to start his busy day.
his trees and bees to make a perfect breakfast.
...
Before leaving for the gym in LA we all
went over to Austin's little league game.
take pictures at your game..
(It is obvious that I'm not the one she got her photography skills from.)
They are buddies.
...
After the game.... we were off to LA
I won't put in pictures of each event since they look just
like the pictures I put in a few posts ago from the
Las Vegas meet.....
...and this score qualifies him to go on to Nationals in May.
teams from Australia, Mexico and all over the USA.
And so were we...even though it was midnight before we
left the gym.
By the way, these are the same awards boxes that were used
in the 1984 Olympics when Peter Vidmar won the gold.
We hope that one day Johnny will be standing on
Olympic award boxes for real.
...then we were up early to get them back to the
LAX airport....








6 comments:
All your smiles made me smile too. Johnny is amazing. First place over all!!!!! And look at those muscles.
Excited to have David on the western side of the US and in your stomping grounds!
Cute little Austin! I can't believe he is 6 already.
Oh Lura, all your smiles made me smile! I love it when that happens!! I am so excited for you and John to have David and his family moving so much closer. I know how you have hated being so far away from them! Yayy!! Now you will get to spend more time with them and holidays and fun, fun, fun!! And how wonderful that you got to spend some time with Lynell and Johnny too! Time spent with grandchildren on their own is always special time indeed. Congrats to Johnny on all his successes. I know, know, KNOW that we will be seeing him on an Olympic pedastal one day for sure! Oh little Austin is so cute in all his baseball gear! Loved the picture of him and Grampy! Such a special relationship! The sun is shining here again today! Our clocks have not gone ahead an hour like yours, so now there is only 6 hours between us, for a few weeks anyways! It is nice to be that much closer don't you think? I love you loads. Can you feel my hugs zooming across the sea and land to you! I sure hope so! xxoo
What wonderful news about your son and his family Lura - nothing thrills a mother's heart more than having her children close by. And the gymnastic wins are completely awesome! How exciting that must have been. Your little one playing baseball is the cutest thing - precious are the babies! blessings, marlene
What a wonderful Sunday Smiles post. Love the pictures. Love all the news!!! Can't wait to see you upon my return from Colorado. Darien is excited for our 'Tea Party.'
Hugs,
Jan
Wow I will be on the lookout for Johnny in the near future at a summer olympics!
Yay for family moving closer. Your smiles sure make me smile.
Post a Comment