Hello friends,
I talked with Lura about 10:00 (California time) this morning, and she is taking strides in her improvement. I mean that literally, as the hospital staff got her up and she walked 4 steps from the bed, and then 4 steps back. David and Lynell were there visiting, so her spirits were way up from yesterday. She loves getting phone calls, as this takes her mind off all her broken bones. The phone number for the Adult Intensive Care Unit is 801-357-2288. They will transfer the call to her if she is not sleeping. For those of you who have her cell number, she has her phone and is able to take calls in her room.
We have something more specific we can pray for in Lura's behalf. Her red blood count is dropping, which means internal bleeding or infection. She has spit up some blood, and the nurses tell her that is to be expected with all her injuries. But if the red blood count keeps dropping, they will have to do a blood transfusion.
I'm not very good at blogging, as I don't have a blog myself, but I am going to try to add a photo of their car after the accident. Lynell went to the wrecking yard to see it. After seeing it, she is amazed that they survived!
Thanks to all of Lura's friends for your prayers. She says she feels them and appreciates all your love!
Sil







9 comments:
Thankyou very much for the update Sil. I am pleased to hear she has been able to take a few steps. I have been a bit hesitant to call as I don't want to interrupt her time with her family or anything. It is a bit awkward being 7 hours ahead in time. I may try to give her a quick call. I don't want to cause her any problems. I do love her so as we all do. Prayers continue. xxoo
Thank you for the post and news. I tried to call Lura's cell phone but got voice mail. I did leave a message but will call back another time. Prayers continuing here. blessings, marlene
That car, what is left of it,makes me shutter. How did they survive? It is a miracle. Many more are ahead of them, I am sure.
we will continue to keep praying, now specifically for the red blood count. thank you so much sil for keeping us all informed.
please tell lura i love her so much!!!!!!
Gasp...of my the car. How is John alive, not in the hospital, doing better? Only one answer I can think of. And no Lura's extensive injuries seem a blessing. The sight of that car took my breath away. Sending love and prayers for the blood count to rise and for no internal bleeding or injury. Yeah for 4 steps!!!
Love to Lura and John...Jan
Dear Lura & John
Thinking of you and sending prayers for a full recovery, all the way from Australia. Looking at the picture of the car, Someone was on your side and looking after you both.
Best wishes, Joolz
Sil thanks by the update Im shocking with the accident picture is real a miracle they survive Thanks God! I sending to my dear Lura and John all the love in my heart and prayers. All the weekend Im with you Lura you are in my heart and you are in the God heart Im sure. Huggs and prayers, Love Gloria
Will keep praying......man, seeing the car makes me so sad to think of what they must be going through. Please send our love. I will try and call between trips ...we are in the process of moving. Lots of love and hugs....Dana Paul and Sarah
Thank you for the updates Sil
Good morning Lura - it's Monday and another gray and rainy cold day here in Arkansas but the sun is supposed to come out about noon so we're looking ahead at the blessing that will be. That's sort of like where you are right now - I know you're in pain and have sore muscles all over your body and probably a bit depressed at having to go through this trouble. But have no fear - God is planning some beautiful sunshine for you later on! Getting through the gray and rainy days isn't hard when you anticipate the sunny ones. Breathe hard, cough hard, push away the bad stuff in your body. Reach your hand out to our Father - He's going to pull you right out of this trouble into a beautiful day at home again with your family. I'm praying for you and John and for your family today asking for joy in the small things, and especially for rapid healing. blessings, marlene
Post a Comment