Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hello to Lura's blogging friends from Silvija,

I just talked to Lura, and her pain is better because she is on an epidural to control her pain. She hadn't slept all night, and was quite worried about getting an epidural, since she had to get into a fetal position for them to admisinster it, but that went better than she expected and now hopes to be able to sleep. She has considerable pain in her neck now as well, but I suspect that new pains will show up all over as the muscles stiffen. John is at their daughter Erin's house, and he is having to stay in bed, but he will be all right. John's head wound, which caused Lura quite a fright, thinking that he was dead, has been stitched, but his chest hurts. He is resting the best that he can. Please remember him as well in your prayers. I am a bit concerned that the air bag deploying, which puts out that chemical dust, may complicate his asthma.

Thank you for all your prayers. Lura is my closest friend. We have been friends since childhood, and her sweet loving nature has borne me up through many trials. I feel I need to be with her, but since she has family with her right now, I will restrain myself from flying up there right now, and will wait until I can really be of help to her.

Silvija

5 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Thank you so much for the update - it's good to know that John is with Erin which means he's in good hands! And great to hear that Lura has had an epidural. That will surely mean a respite from the pain and a good rest. We will continue to pray. blessings, marlene

Jan's Blog said...

Thanks so much for the update. I know Lura was so scared of the epidural. I'm so pleased to hear it went well and that she is getting some much needed rest, and relief from her pain. Happy to hear John is in such good hands. They are reaping the rewards of all the prayers I am sure. And the prayers will continue I am sure.

You are so dear to plan to go to Utah. I'll have to wait until she returns to see and take care of her. I look forward to getting to know you better as we all meet in the service of Lura and John.

Jan

Kris said...

They are in my constant thoughts and prayers. It is wonderful that the position required to get the epidural was manageable for her. What a blessing modern anesthesia is.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I hope someone is reading these comments to dear Lura. I can't get her and John off my mind! I am glad to hear she is getting relief from the epidural and I hope both she and John can rest well now. Sending love and hugs across the miles from my coast to yours Lura! Big but ever so gentle hugs my friend! Grammee Linda

hoLLy said...

epidurals are wonderful. . (after the initial discomfort that is caused while they are administered). i'm grateful that she was able to get one and is finding relief.