Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday smiles

A_staffy's_Sunday_Six

Poster2

Dear blog friends,

I had a great 67th birthday yesterday. I have much I want to share with you but I can’t do it today. I don’t have but a minute to be on the computer because we just got home from church and we must rush off again….. we are driving to San Diego to meet Buttercup who is my blog friend who lives in New York City.  Isn’t it fun when you get to meet a blog friend in real life!  I am excited and I will tell you all about it soon.

 

 

Meanwhile here are 6 things that I am smiling about.

1. I am alive to enjoy this birthday….. it was a close call for a while after the accident  and none of us knew what the future would bring. I feel blessed.

2. All of you cyber friends make me smile. I appreciate all of the Facebook birthday wishes I got and e-cards.

3. My sweet hubby makes smile… isn’t he sweet to be willing to drive me 100 miles today to meet a blog friend.

4. My family makes me smile. Mindy and Claire came over early yesterday to clean house for me…. That was a great birthday gift… but I got nice presents too. I am so pampered.

5. No one has sweeter friends than I do. Several called and invited me to go out for a birthday meal…. but instead I asked them to come here and have a pot luck. What a feast we had. I can’t wait to show you. Yummy

6. Knowing that I am loved by many makes my heart smile. I am so blessed and truly appreciative. 

Well I must be off….  I am sending hugs to all of you.  Have a great day and I will be back soon to share all of my birthday weekend fun with you.

11 comments:

hoLLy said...

so glad you had a great birthday-you deserve it!!

p.s. you look beautiful in that picture!!

bettyj said...

Happy birthday! What a good idea pot luck at your house. I would much rather eat at home than to go out with a group. At home you can all visit and out you can only visit with those nearest to you. I can't wait to hear about your meeting with your blog friend. I met one today too. She came Through My Back Door.Have a wonderful week and prayers,
betty

The Barton's said...

So glad you had a nice birthday! Happy belated Birthday! Lvz norma

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Lura! And yes, you do look BEAUTIFUL IN YOUR NEW PICTURE! And it sounds like you are getting back to being yourself...being able to get out and about! YEA! Keep up the good work! And what fun to meet one of your blog buddies...I would love to do that! Have a great week.
Hugs, Joy

Sybil said...

I am so glad that your smiling face is still with us to enjoy so I will smile about that..I am also just a wee bitty jealous of you being able to meet Buttercup...I so much enjoy her blog...and long to meet her. One day perhaps she will make it to Box.
Looking forward to hearing all about the visit.
Much Love Sybil xx

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, so glad you had a lovely day. I can't wait to hear about your special meeting with Buttercup! And see the pictures. I know it will be fabulous! Travel safely! Love and hugs to you! xxoo

StitchinByTheLake said...

Lura I just got home Friday night and my internet is more off than on right now but wanted to tell you Happy Birthday and that I'm so glad you're still here. :) I know you'll have a wonderful time with your friend and that will lift your heart. blessings, marlene

Gloria Baker said...

Happy belated birthday dear Lura!! Im happy you had a nice Birthday dear.
Send you huggs and a lot of blessings!! gloria

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Belated Happy Birthday! So glad it was a day that brought lots of smiles, and you look just beautiful in the picture. (((HUGS)))

Cathyjo said...

So glad you had a wonederful day and hope you will have many more to come. I can't wait to see all of your pictures.Take Care.ooxx

LeAnn said...

I guess this is a belated Happy Birthday; but I am so happy you have had a wonderful one. I so admire your sweet uplifting and positive spirit. It is always a joy to read your blogs. Even during the bad moments you go through them with a smile.
You do have such wonderful friends. I feel happy to have connected with you and can call you my friend too.
Keep on enjoying those priceless moments.