(I started this post late Sunday night so it really is my Sunday Six… even though I didn’t finish it until after midnight and the date says Monday.)
I promise that this is my very last post about my Happy Birthday# 67. I bet that makes you smile…. I know that enough is enough…. but bear with me because I want to document the sweet things others have done for me. I feel so blessed to have so many dear friends and neighbors.
LouAnn makes me smile. She has been doing my hair for about 25 years. She is a dear friend and does a great job controlling my thick mop of hair.
My birthday actually started on Fri. the 5th when LouAnn colored, cut and styled my hair. It was great to wake up on my 67th birthday without grey drab, unruly hair. When she finished I didn’t look a day over 66…. (but then when she finished I wasn’t a day over 66! That didn’t happen until the next day…lol )
John makes me smile. I told him that all I wanted for my birthday was for him to drive me to San Diego to meet Buttercup… which he did … but he surprised me by also getting me a Garman GPS for our car. Our lovely Prius had a navigational system which I used all the time. John’s little car does not have one…. and since our Prius died in the crash, we only have John’s car now. I am delighted to have a new little GPS to use when I start driving again.
Mindy and Claire make me smile.
Without me even asking, my dear daughter and granddaughter came over early Saturday to clean up the house for me and help prepare food for my little birthday get together. That was a great birthday gift in it’s self.
My birthday pot-luck made me smile.
I didn’t intend to have a birthday party…..
… but….Mindy, Kris, LouAnn and Sil all offered to take me out or have a birthday tea.
However, I know that I have very limited strength to be up and out…. and since we were planning to be out all day the next day, going to church and meeting Buttercup, I asked them to bring dinner to my house instead…
… so we ended up having a little, last minute… pot-luck birthday party.
It worked out great. Silvija brought everything we needed to make home made pizzas. We had a regular pizza shop going with every kind of pizza you could think of. We feasted on pizza, egg plant parmesan , salad and fruit. (Do you recognize Ernie now that he is 30 pounds lighter and shaved off his mustache.?)
Birthday Cakes made me smile.
LouAnn, Craig and I all have birthdays the first week of August so we all got to blow out the candles together. As you know from a previous post…. we had lots of cakes to go around…. and they were all yummy.
Dear Friends and Family make me smile.
I got many lovely gifts even though I had told everyone not to bring presents. Marie even sent me a complete tea party in a box… all the way from England… how sweet is that!!! …
…but…
…The best gift of all is being alive to share my life with so many dear people…. including you sweet blog friends.
You all make me smile!
I feel very blessed and very Thankful.
I am sending hugs to you…… and now you can smile…. because this is my last 67th birthday post.
Have a great week.







15 comments:
Lura, your birthday looks like a wonderful day. No wonder you are still celebrating it!! I loved all the pictures and seeing you so happy and smiling! You are a real treasure. I am glad you enjoyed my teaparty in a box and I hope that when you really get to have your teaparty that you will feel me right there with you! Sending lots of love to you this day and every day! xxoo
Lura, you make me smile! I've enjoyed reading about your birthday and am thrilled I could be part of it. Here's to #68 and many, many more. Love and hugs!
Happy, happy birthday! What a great celebration and way to spend the weekend.
I want a birthday just like yours. :) It's so good to be able to celebrate with friends and family - that's a gift in itself. blessings, marlene
hot dang lura-that is one awesome birthday!!! you deserved the best birthday ever!! so glad you had so many smiles! love you!
Lura it has been wonderful having a glimpse of all your birthday celebrations. I feel so blessed to hve been able to do so.
I have smiled throughout..
Love Sybil xx
Hi Lura: Again, another wonderful post from you. And who wouldn't want to hear about your Birthday and lovely family and friends!
Mine is coming up soon and i don't believe it will be so great, but that's OK with me...just happy to continue having them!
Hugs, Joy 8-)
Happy Birthday Lura. You make me smile too!
That was one long birthday indeed. But, then shouldn't a birthday last the entire month?
Happy Be-lated birthday Lura! Thanks for sharing your fun day with all of us. Looks like you got pampered, and you definitely deserve it! Glad it was a great day for you!
Lura You look georgeous in your 67th birthday Im glad you had a lovely day!!Blessings, gloria
Your posts always brings a smile on my face. The pictures are so great and I learn more about you all of the time. I am so happy that you had a very Happy Birthday. You have awesome family and friends. I treasure the fact that we are blogging friends.
Blessings to you and keep on enjoying those moments.
H...A...P...P....Y
B...I...R....T...H....D...A....Y!!!
Sending you lots of love and hugs!!!!
Glad so many smiles are coming your way! You are doing better everyday it seems! I love spending time with you and I hope I make you smile too! :D I love ya lots!
-Chelsea
"The best gift of all is being alive to share my life with so many dear people…" Indeed! I heard about your accident and am glad to see that you are out and about again. Hope you both continue in good health and are able to continue creating so many wonderful friendships and memories!
Post a Comment