
I hope that you have had a happy 56th birthday.
I just got up but I know it is evening there in England.
I hope your day has been filled with sweet things and best wishes.
...
I Think that most of you who read my blog know and love Marie, but if you don't, hop on over to England and read her blog A year from Oak Cottage. She publishes a delightful post every day. I am sure that you will be glad that you took the time to visit her. While you are there please wish her a happy birthday. She will appreciate it.
Let me tell you a little about what Marie stands for.
I wrote this poem for Marie 2 years ago.
As a tradition I post it on her birthday each year.
As a tradition I post it on her birthday each year.
...
M -is for Merry. She works with a grin.
She sees the bright side, no matter what spot she's in.
...
A- is for Artistic. She paints all the while.
A- is for Artistic. She paints all the while.
Her sweet little people make everyone smile.
...
R-is for Reliable. She serves with a smile.
She does all that's required ,then goes the next mile.
...
I-is for intelligent. Marie knows what to do.
She gives good advice and recipes too.
...
E-is for Exceptional. We all know it is true.
You're a rare treasure, Marie, and I 'm blessed to know you.
...
(O.K.... I know that is a corny poem...but this poem was written with love
...so that makes corny O.K....right???)
Sweet friend I hope you have had a wonderful day.
I am sending you loads and loads of love and this birthday cake.
You can eat all you want of this cyber-cake because it is calorie free
and won't spoil your diet.
You can even have some for Sunday morning breakfast...I won't tell.
...
Thank you for being such a dear person...such a good example...and such a great friend.
I will call you soon.
I love you to bits.
Happy Birthday.
Love, Lura







6 comments:
What a wonderful tribute to Marie; she is such a dear. She is the one that asked for prayers for you and that is when I came to your site for a visit and now I have you as a friend to.
I loved all of your thoughts and poetry about Marie; she is the best and so are you!
I will wish her a Happy Birthday too.
Love and hugs to you both!
A beautiful and lovely post to the dear Marie, Lura, loads of love my dear, gloria
Such good friends are designed in Heaven. blessings, marlene
That poem encapsulates everything that Marie is...She is such a good friend,,,she even brought me to you..what a blessing you both are.
much Love Sybil xx
Lura, I have always loved this Birthday poem you wrote to me. It always brings a smile to my face and makes me feel so special! You are a treasure my sweet friend. It was so nice to be able to speak to you last evening. It was the perfect addition to an already beautiful day! I love you my dear friend. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for leading us to each other. Give John my thanks for sharing you so generously with me! I can't wait for him and Todd to meet one day! Love you oodles and loads! xxoo
Wow...where have I been? I missed a lot of your posts! Glad you had lots of yummy cakes! Have a fun week!
Post a Comment