Monday, August 8, 2011

My Life is a piece of cake!!!

birthday cake

I should say….

My life is pieces of cake

I didn’t get a birthday cake last year.  We had just returned home from our trip to Utah…. we were all worn out…. getting a cake just wasn’t a top priority…

but

let me tell you,

I have more than made up for it this year!

Joyce and me

Cake #1 came early

My WIC (Women’s Improvement Club) friend, Joyce, brought me a homemade angel food cake with cream cheese and strawberry topping a few days before my birthday.  It was Heavenly!

dastrups

Cake# 2 was a Coffee Cake

Dear friends, Carolyn and Don brought over a yummy Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake. 

Poster2 

 

It was the best coffee cake I’ve ever had. It made a delicious breakfast and a great way to start my birthday.

Cake # 3 is cream filled chocolate

IMG_1779IMG_1781

John got it from Sam’s Club and it is really good. LouAnn, Craig and I all have birthdays the 1st week of August so we all got together to celebrate and enjoy this cake that was as pretty as it is good.  Half of it is left if you want a piece.

IMG_1795Re and me

Cake # 4 is a yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

Another sweet WIC friend, Re, brought me this cake that she made this afternoon. It is almost all gone already but if you hurry over you might get a small piece.

Cake # 5 is a spice cake with buttercream frosting.

IMG_1798

Darlene, my long time friend from church brought me this delicious spice cake tonight.  It is yummy.

So many sweet cakes from sweet friends. I am thankful for their friendship and thoughtfulness.

Well as you can see…. I can have my cake and eat it too…. literally!

I’ve been loosing weight…. but after these cake filled days I will probably find it again!

Not only that… but ….I also got a box full of sweet treats from Marie….

IMG_1765 and…

Silvija made me pies…. but I will tell you about the rest of my birthday on another post… I need to stop writing now and have a piece of cake…. It has been over an hour since I’ve had one.

If you would like to share a piece with me…. just pop on over.

Hugs, Lura

10 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh, so much cake Lura!! How ever do you cope with it all!! lol I have no cake in the house at the moment, but this post has inspired me to bake one today! (I need cake!!) I don't know if you have seen on the news what is happening over here in England at the moment with the violence, rioting and looting. Please pray for us. It is beginning to spread beyond London, up into Liverpool, Bristol, Birmingham and Leeds. Very sad and very scary. I send love and hugs to you my sweet friend. xxoo

StitchinByTheLake said...

Oh my goodness Lura - I've never known anyone with so many wonderful friends as you! I'm sure wishing I was there to share with you - the cake and the friends too. :) blessings, marlene

Cathyjo said...

Oh! luckly you,Them cake all do look so very good yum,yum.I'm so glad you have so many dear friends and abig loving family it sounds like heaven.By next year you'll be back to being yourself I'm sure or sooner.Hope you have a grate week.(((HUGS)))

Kris said...

Darn! I just swore off sweets...about 5 minutes before looking at your blog.


OH! I just read Marie's post. That is very scary. I will pray. We need to pray for ourselves too. It will surely come here as well.

Jan's Blog said...

Oh Lura what a testament to all the wonderful friends you have, and that you are so loved. I'm sorry I've been too sick to visit, let alone bring you a cake, but I'll make up for it when we finally have your birthday tea.

You are rich with cake, and spirit, and love. I admire you greatly and aspire to have the lovely qualities you have. I'm so blessed that you came into my life. Love you, Jan

Gloria Baker said...

OMG Lura How many and amazing cakes!! Im happy you received all this Lura!!What Fun!
Hope you feeling better my sweet friends, you look really georgeous in the pictures LOL, kisses and blessings,. gloria

Sheilagh said...

Dear Lura,

WoW so much cake I have put on 10 pounds just looking at the photo's!

I thank God you are well on the road to recovery after the horrendous time you have had.

I find it fascinating that no matter how massive our planet is, how small our world is too.

I have made lots of lovely friends in Blogland and now there are physical connections.

Let me explain, you are a dear friend of Marie, I met her via her wonderful blogs. Then we met and have become good friends, we are spending this coming Friday together. Through her I have become a follower of you wonderful blog. Last year I was lucky enough to visit New England and New York.
During our visit I met two lovely blogger friends, one of them being Buttercup!! Isn't she lovely? :)

I feel there is a little net being knitted here and it is such a joyous feeling.

Sorry to have gone on so much, but I think it is wonderful.

Continue getting well lovely lady.

love and best wishes

Sheilagh
xxx

Sybil said...

Oh Lura nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be able to pop in for a wee bitty of one of your cakes..I woudl be spoilt for choice though,,,
I think you are loosing a bit of weight so I am glad your on the cake...enjoy every delicious mouthful
much Love Sybil xx

Buttercup said...

Yum! Sweets for a sweet, sweet lady. I have our picture on my bulletin board at work and so enjoy remembering our lovely day. The cat scan went well and I am feeling surrounded by hugs and prayer! Hope you are feeling stronger each day!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Lura!! You are definitely loved! I am a cake-a-holic, so I'm thinking what a fabulous birthday!! It doesn't surprise me though, you are one fantastic lady! Happy Be-lated Birthday my friend!