Hello Blog Friends
Let me start out by thanking those of you who are voting for Lonica.( If you haven’t voted for her yet please read my last post and do it.)
I hope that it has been a good week for you.
I had 3 doctor appointments , which took up way too much time,
… but…
It makes me smile that my doctors are concerned about me. It seems that one complication from my broken ribs leads to another… and my different doctors don’t always agree on how to “fix” me. I get a bit discouraged, but all in all I am healing. They tell me it will take a year. It has been almost 5 months…. that seems long enough to me…. but then God’s timing is not the same as mine and I’m learning patience. The doctors remind me that it is a miracle that I am alive so I shouldn’t complain… (I still complain, but not a whole lot… and I am thankful at the same time.)
….
In spite of spending hours at doctor’s offices, I had lots to smile about.
Celebrating with Ernie for his birthday makes me smile.
We started out by having a good meal at Famous Dave’s.
Then we went back to their home for cake….
That is just what I needed…. more cake… the cakes I got for my birthday are all gone now…lol
We are thankful for this good son-in-law and that we live close enough to celebrate with them.
Summer concerts at the park make me smile. (Can you find me in this picture sitting next to Kris?)
Our city has had a series of “Cover band” concerts at the park this summer. I was able to attend 2 of them and they were lots of fun. A few weeks ago we went to see “The Beach Boys” … last week we saw “The Beatles”
A picnic…. beautiful weather…fun music…and spending time with our friends, Kris, Craig, Darrell and LouAnn, brought me lots of smiles.
Fun in the pool with grandkiddos makes me smile.
Mindy and her kiddos come over quite often to swim with us. Jalen also joined us for a week earlier this summer. I can get in the pool now. It hurts a lot to move my left arm and shoulder…. so swimming is great therapy for me. Having fun in the water with the kids helps me to exercise in spite of the pain.
Austin makes me smile.
At the beginning of the summer, Austin would not even get in the big pool or put his head under water. Now he is jumping of the diving board in the deep end of the pool and swimming like a little fish.
John makes me laugh out loud! He cracks me up!
This is a laugh from the past… but it was so hilarious I have to show you the lengths my crazy husband will go to to cheer me up.
Two days before my surgery I was very nervous. The doctors were quite sure I had ovarian cancer…. I was dreading the pain of the surgery on top of my broken rib pain… I was dreading having to do the bowel prep the next day…and I was dreading the outcome of the surgery. My tears were close to the surface.
As I was watching the kids swim … ”Mrs. Doubtfire” came out to join them.
John does not enjoy the pool…. he does not like getting in the cool water… So.. when he came out, dressed up in my old bathing suit and swimming cap… I almost re-broke all my ribs I was laughing so hard.
His tactics worked… He certainly did get my mind off of my upcoming surgery.
My nutty husband makes me smile!
I hope that my smiles have made you smile too. I have enjoyed reading more of your blogs lately. I feel like you are family friends. I am sending hugs to all of you. Have a good week.







11 comments:
So glad for your Smile's, they help me smile.Thanks for being my blog Friend. I've never realy had any friends, not real ones. And no close ones. Well thats just life.
So glad that you are on the mend
and are able to enjoy life more.ooxx
Lura that is just hilarious that John got dressed up for you - I can just imagine you laughing and laughing. What a good husband! And yes, you are healing, even though it's slow. God isn't one to get in a hurry - after all He took 7 days to create the world and all that was in it. :) But at least He is healing you and is right by your side every moment of that healing. I'm thinking of you often! blessings, marlene
Lura, I always love your smiles. They make me smile too! I did find you in that picture, although it was a bit like finding Waldo in one of those children's books! What a character that John is! I love him to bits! How hilarious that must have been. I can tell your grandchildren totally adore you and John, and no wonder. You are the sweetest most loving Grandparents any child could ever want to have! You have come such a long way in these past months, don't let the length of time get you down. You will be at the end of this painful journey eventually and it will be but a dim memory. I send lots of love and healing hugs to you this day and every day! Love you much my friend. xxoo
Love all your "smiles" this week...and glad to hear you continue to improve. Have a wonderful day ! !
i just laughed out loud at those pics of your sweet husband! what a gem:) that is hilarious!!! he REALLY REALLY loves you!!!
glad to hear you have lots to smile about lura!!! love you!
Morning Lura,
I always get a good smile at your smiles..i would have cracked up as well when I saw John !! he is a case !! but so lovely..
Thank you as always for sharing your ups and downs with us. Friendship is such a precious thing.
Hope you have a lovely week.
much Love Sybil xx
Yours smiles are always awesome! I love them!! Im glad you had a lovely moments with all of yours dearies! and John is lovely!
Send you loads of love dear Lura, xxgloria
Oh dear friend; I am smiling and you know I needed it for sure. I love the pictures of your husband in the swimming suits and cap; LOL.
I am sorry that you are still suffering with pain. Hang in there; because it will get better and you will be smiling even more.
I always enjoy your posts and the pictures. You help me every time I read your posts because you are smiling inspite of the pain.
Blessings to you and thanks for your sweet comments on my posts.
I don't know Grace; but she is a relative I am sure. All the Gledhill's connect. The sad thing is I didn't grow up knowing my father's side of the family. His mother and father died when he was a baby and he was raised by his mother's mother who was a McMillan. I have connected with a couple of Gledhill cousins through blogs; but haven't met them yet.
Love and hugs to you and keep on smiling.
i just love your smiles and your family's involvement. i'm so sorry you are in pain and i hope the drs come up with an agreeable plan.
That is the funniest and sweetest thing I have read in such a long while!! I'm happy you're getting better and better! Thanks for the smiles!
What a lovely post full of smiles. "Mrs. Doubtfire" cracked me up too. Mostly though, I'm smiling to see what great strides towards recovery you are making. (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment