Saturday, January 1, 2011

Vote for Ernie's Band in The Rose Parade Poll

Happy New Year 2011
Wow!!!! Can you believe it is 1/1/11????

I hope that you are having a great New Year's Day 2011
We got up early to watch Ernie's band in the Tournament of Roses Parade on T.V
.
All of us here in Utah wished that we could be at the parade with
Mindy, Ernie and the kids in CA. Since we couldn't be there,
we were glad that we could watch it on T.V.
We all cheered when we saw Ernie go walking by.

These are some of the pictures I took off of the T.V.
I think Ernie told me that there are 235 in the band.
They are one of the best high school bands in the Western States.
Ernie works hard leading this band to excellence.
...
I made one recording from the T.V. today.
I also put on 2 other videos of their band.
One was made by KTLA t.v. and the other
was made at the Disneyland parade.
Both of these recordings are better than mine.
I hope that you will watch the Highlanders in the videos below
and then click here go to

http://www.ktla.com/entertainment/roseparade/bandvideo/
and vote for

Ernie's Upland Highland Regiment.
After you get to their web page, just click on the Band Poll box on the right hand side of the page. Upland Highland Regiment is the last band listed.
...
As this New Year marches in I hope that it will bring you
many blessings and smiles.

I am sending you all hugs.


You can also click here to see the KTLA video
which is a better recording than I made.
http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/c273dd1a-f23c-4d2d-8fbd-23b66d90141c/News/KTLA-Upland-Highland-Regiment-2011-Rose-Parade-Bands
...
You can click here now to vote.
Thanks for voting for them. So far they have gotten over 7050 votes which puts them in 4th place.

8 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I voted! :) blessings, marlene

Erin said...

Yeah for Ernie!! What a proud moment for him and his entire band!

Marie Rayner said...

awww... I seem to have missed being able to vote. I would have voted for them if I could have! What a wonderfully talented Band Master Ernie is! I was very impressed. Brought back some lovely memories for me as well. My father always played with the RCAF marching band and we often went with him to parades they were marching in. I have many fond memories of watching him march past playing his clarinet and feeling so proud of him, coz he was my dad! I am sending love, hugs and Happy New Year wishes to all of the family! xxoo

hoLLy said...

that is so cool! i'll definitely click on the link and vote(unless i'm too late). congrats to your son in law!

hoLLy said...

i just voted!

Baak Talk said...

So much to be thankful for!! You have a wonderful family Lura! So glad it was such a nice Christmas for you!

Angie said...

Happy New Year Lura! Such talent those bands have andf how on earth do they manage the puff to play their instruments with such an energetic display of marching? Well done everyone!

love, Angie, xx

Sybil said...

Trust me I am to late to vote !! however they did well in the vote and I am pleased for them as they are a great band...enjoyed them very much. Both my Great Nephew simon and Great Niece Samantha play in the local band but don't do the same kind of marching as is done in the US. In fact it was by following Simon into the band that made Samantha decide to take up music seriously and so has a place at University starting next Sept.
Love Sybil xx