Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What a difference a day makes.....HELP



How can it be 1/11/11 already?
One day it is the holidays......and the next day they are over.
How did it happen so fast?
We have traveled 1900 miles since Christmas eve.
We have visited loved ones and Erin and Patrick came to visit us.
It has been grand....but now it is over.
We are back home and our family that came home with us
left yesterday.
The house that was full of children's voices is quiet now.
The kitchen table that looked like this yesterday...

...Looks like this today.
Our game room...aka our buffet room...
has gone from looking pretty ....
...to looking like a disaster...
I've dumped all the decorations from all over the house
and all of their boxes into this room
.
WHAT A MESS!!!
I need help!!!
Can't some of you who have a clean house
because you put away all your decorations
a week or so ago, come over and give me a hand???
Good.... I'll wait for you....
...
Wait a minute...
Doesn't ...1/11/11... seem like too special
a date to waste cleaning house!!!
...
Come on over tomorrow to help me clean up.

I think today I will remember the joy I had rocking Ellie yesterday.
I will reminisce about all the loved ones we've been blessed to visit.
...
I will look at the 550 pictures I took on our trip
and after the kids got here.
...
I will think about how pretty the house looked all decked out for Christmas
and count my blessings as I put all the decorations away.
My rocking chair may be empty today....
... but it is full of sweet memories...
And
...every cloud always has a silver lining....
After changing where we slept 7 different times over
the past 2 weeks, we are back in our own room,
in our own bed.
Maybe I will go there and take a nap now.
All this talk about cleaning up the game room has made me tired.

I hope that all of you are having a good
1/11/11.

15 comments:

hoLLy said...

if i lived closer, i'd come help ya!!! hope you took that nap...naps are way more fun than cleaning:)

Buttercup said...

Thanks so much for your good wishes. I'm so glad that you're a visitor to Buttercupland and I can share New York City with you. My dining room table is chaotic, and I don't even have the excuse of having been away. Take good care and have a cozy Wednesday.

TUTU Monkey said...

1-11-11 sounds like a great day for a nap!!

Take care....and good luck with putting away the Christmas items....mine never goes back the way I took it out.

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, you are such a sweetie pie! I would love to be able to come and help you clear it all up! It is mind boggling the amount of stuff we manage to put out over Christmas isn't it. This year we did simple, just a table top tree with a few decorations, but then again, we are not blessed with family like you are! Were we, then it would be a lot different. You have such a beautiful home. One day I hope to be able to visit it with Todd and then I'll help you to do whatever you need doing! I love you so much my dear friend. It was so fun talking last night. The hightlight of my day! xxoo

Angie said...

Oh, who has a clean house so early in the year? Do it next week!

I WOULD come and help, you know, but I missed the bus....and....and....

I'm glad your Christmas and New Year was wonderful. You owe yourself a rest now.

xxxx

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I think cleaning is very overrated...I'd go for the nap, too.

Jan's Blog said...

What a darling bedroom you have. I hope you took the nap!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Hi Lura, if my house were clean I'd come help you but alas, it's not! I'm leading a women's Bible study on Thursdays - twice. Once at 9:00 a.m. and once at 6:00 p.m. We started last Thursday and Jerry and I left early Friday morning and drove the 400 miles to my sister's to stay "a couple of days." First it snowed at home and we couldn't get back, then it snowed there and we couldn't get out! Finally pulled into the driveway about 4:00 this afternoon and I'm not leaving again any time soon! Well, except for tomorrow when I have Bible Study again and Sunday when we will drive the 2 1/2 hours to our grandson's birthday party and...well, you know what I mean. :) blessings, marlene

Peggy Glasmann said...

I had a great 1-11-11 because it was my birthday!! And I celebrated day 1 of another sweet granddaughter! Love you!

Peggy Glasmann said...

Lura
Could you contact me? I am interested in looking into cruises, but I have not a clue as to what I am doing. My email is pglasmann@gmail.com. Thanks
Peggy

Aubrey said...

hey grammy!!!!i've missed you!!! & happy new year!!!
love,AuBrEy

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Humm.. I commented on this post and the last one but I don't see them. Strange!! When you said you missed me, I thought, I have been right here ...now I know why!

I hope by now you got all that stuff put away. After all the festivities and traveling though, if you napped every day for a month, I wouldn't blame you! As tired as you are, something tells me you wouldn't change it for the world! You know I so enjoy seeing your wonderful family and all those grands. It truly warms my heart Lura! You are so blessed!!

Wishing you all things wonderful and bright in 2011!! Take care sweet friend!!

Sybil said...

Lura, I am so glad that you are home and back in your own wee bed. It is wonderful to be able to visit everyone and have everyone visit you but it is also just lovely to be able to sit back all quiet and smile to yourself over all the memories you have hidden away for the "off" days. LOL
How I do wish we lived nearer each other. Not sure what help I would be with the housework LOL but I could encourage you !!! now woudn't that be fun.
LOve always Sybil xx

hoLLy said...

my blog isn't private anymore. . .i had to make it that way for a couple of days. . .but its back to normal so it will still show up in reader! :)

thanks for your comment today, hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Erin said...

We miss you and dad and the warm weather terribly!!

We should have helped more, but time just seemed to go too quickly and packing boxes with an energetic 21 month old is not very productive!

Love you!