Hello again .Here it is Sunday and time to think about the smiles I've
been accumulating.
I did get all my Christmas decorations packed back into
their boxes.... which if you saw my last post you realize that
was not an easy task.
As it turned out, my friend Terry did come over and
give me a hand. I was just kidding when I asked for help
on my post.... but she showed up... marched into our game room
and started helping me pack and tape up the boxes.
I can assure you that made me smile!!!
I didn't get a picture but I won't forget her help.
...
The rest of the smiles I am sharing today
involve our 11 year old Lonica.
I've told you about what a good little dancer she is.Watching her dance always makes me smile.
I got to go with her to her dance studio and watch her
run her new solo dance she is working on for competition.
I was smiling the whole time.
...
It was freezing the whole time we were in Utah.
(I am smiling to be back home in CA where the temp is in the 70s.)
(It was as cold as we were when we went to Idaho, Marie.)
It snowed so much that the snow plows could not keep up.
I gave up trying to drive and I didn't go outside unless I had to....
She is a nut!
One day she stayed outside for 2 hours building us a
snow ramp we could slide down.
She was an icicle when she finally came in.
As soon as we get there,
Loni runs to get some buttermilk to share with Grampy.
She and Grampy crack me up.
She loves to go down to Erin's and give her a hand with the babies.
or feed them.... or change them.
She will be a great little babysitter when she turns 12.
Cal loves Lucy.... but I don't think the feeling is mutual.
Smile....smile
...
Loni's cooking makes me smile.
She loves to cook.







8 comments:
Lonnie Lou makes me smile too Lura! I so enjoyed spending time with her when I was in Utah with you all two years ago! She is such a sweet and bright and happy little gal, and so oving and helpful too. I was so impressed with all of your family Lura. They are all so dear to me. I had no idea Lynell collected Santa's, but I can see quite clearly from one of the pictures that she does! Food for thought there. I love you so much and I always love your smiles. They make me smile too. So glad you had help putting all your decorations away! wish I could have been there to help, but alas an ocean and a whole continent make that a bit difficult! xxoo
i haven't met loni but she just exudes something special!! love her smile!! she is a beauty inside and out. and i love that picture of her with her grampy:) what a fun thing to share!
She is precious Lura - beautiful and with a loving heart. It doesn't get any better than that! blessings, marlene
What a sweetie, and how wonderful to spend time with her. So glad to meet your family! Even though it's cold here -- we're in the low 20s -- your pictures warmed me up. Take good care and enjoy the warm weather.
It worked this time! I have tried bringing up your blog over and over for days. Somehow the forces converged and I was permitted entrance at last.
Loni is beautiful, talented and adorable..just like her Grammy.
It was good to be with you today. It always is. Jan was sorry to have missed your hug.
Also:your new background is lovely.
Oh how I love our Loni!! She really is one in a million! Cal can only say a few words and Loni is one of them... he simply adores her and so do I!
Love you Mom!
don't know how I missed this earlier this week...sorry..
It is clear how much you all enjoyed yourselves...other than you and the snow !!!
Loni is sure a clever lass..she will go a long way.
Love Sybil x
For some reason it seems to be your turn to not have your entries heralded to me in my alerts. I wonder why that happens? Now I've looked in I'm glad I did - as always. You have a beautiful family and so diversely talented.
Lots of love, xxxx
Post a Comment