Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Smiles

Many thanks to those of you who wished me well last week
1. You blog friends make me smile.

I especially appreciate Marlene of Stitching by the Lake calling me
and sending me Psalms 119:76 to read.

Great comfort does come from God
and like it is said in
verse 77... The Lord does shower us with
tender mercies.

Marlene's grandson, Blake is very sick in the hospital.
Please pray for him.
...
Also please pray for my sweet blog friend,
She is in the hospital and needs our prayers.
...
2. Being prepared makes me smile.
Our church sponsored a preparedness seminar for
the community last Wed.
John's assignment was to find out about different kinds of
fuel we could use for lighting, heating and cooking
if we had no gas or electricity in our homes.


He researched for a month.
He bought or built all sorts of cooking devices.
He put on a very informative and
diverse demonstration.

I was proud of him.... 3. John makes me smile.

4. My friend, Kris from Grandma's Journal also makes me smile.

She did a presentation showing us how to make 5 min. bread.
She did a great job too.
...

5. Making cupcakes with Jan from the Short Track makes me smile.

She came over Friday and we made
White Chocolate and Raspberry Cup Cakes.


Then we decorated them with pink roses.

They turned out so pretty.

I can't wait to try them tomorrow at our mini tea party...

...and share the rest with our friends.
I hope they taste as good as they look.
...
6. Souper Suppers make me smile.

Friday evening we had a great "souper supper" at church.
We all brought crock pots of soup, hot rolls or a dessert to church.
It really was a super soup supper.


And the most delicious part was
my dear nephew, Jim and his sweet wife Joan
came with us.
They came over from Arizona to visit us this weekend.
...
We had a great time with them.
Yesterday we went with them to San Diego to visit the
Mormon Battalion Visitor Center .
We were joined there by a very special blog friend and her family.
However, I have already listed 6 smiles for this week so
I will have to tell you about that next time.
So...be sure to read my next post
to see who we met there.
Here is a clue. Do you know who this is?
...
Have a great week.
I wish you lots of smiles.
Please remember to pray for Blake and Angie.
Hugs, Grammy

6 comments:

TUTU Monkey said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm who could it be?

Marie Rayner said...

Blogging friends are the best. I should know as I have been lucky enough to have some of the VERY best! I will look forward to your call and we can cry together. I will be at the hospital today until probably gone 7 tonight. But I shall be home then and we can talk. I love you my dear friend. I am so grateful for our Heavenly Father having brought us back together, and for our eternal bond. xxoo

PS I would have loved to see John's demonstration. I am sure it was wonderful.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Lura I don't think I have told you that I too am "into" preparedness. I have so little storage space in my home but I'm using every little bit I have to put back food and other necessities. My husband isn't as enthusiastic as me (read - he tolerates it!) but I do it anyway. I use lots of coupons and buy on sale whenever possible so that I can have a "stockpile." My kids all just think I'm off my rocker I guess but they all know to come here if disaster happens. :) blessings, marlene P.S. I'd love to know about that 5 minute bread!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

6 more wonderful reasons to smile!! I hope this week brings you dozens!! HUGS from snowy MA!! (where another 20 inches is predicted by weeks end.... UGH!)

Jan's Blog said...

Didn't we have fun. I posted it for my darling Darien, and I can't wait to seeing you tomorrow.

hoLLy said...

i love john's suspenders. hes so cute :) and soup is the best, i always just loooove the crockpot church activities. they are the tastiest!! my crockpot is one of my best friends :)

you always have so many wonderful things to smile about lura! you are a blessed woman!

sorry your smiles turned to tears so quickly. so sorry about you and marie's friend angie:( i'll send what i can!