Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Smiles for July

A_staffy's_Sunday_Six

Happy 4th of July weekend dear blog friends.

Here it is July already.  For a while after our accident the hours and days seemed to go on for-e-ver…but now time is marching by faster for me. Each day as the pain lessens and I can do more things, the time goes by faster.

That makes me smile.

Here are more of the things that I am smiling about on this 4th of July weekend.

4th of July

For us in America it is especially nice when the 4th falls on a Monday,  Friday or the weekend because it gives us  a 3 day weekend holiday...  3  days of celebrating are always better than 1.                  

That makes me smile.

I love America and our 4th of July celebrations.

The patriotic programs in the community and at church make me smile.

Listening to and singing patriotic songs make me smile.

The 4th of July parades, BBQs and ball games make me smile.

flag 3

 

Seeing all of the flags flying makes me smile.

It is common to see our flag flying as we drive along. Many businesses and homes fly our flag year round…. and my heart smiles each time I see it…

…but on the 4th of July almost everyone flies our bright stars and broad strips.

Last year in our 3 mile drive home from church I counted 104 flags flying on our homes.

 

IMG_6052

I think that the plants in our patio always look happier when they are holding a flag.

(I can see my plants smiling… can’t you?)

All these things and many more give me reasons to smile.  I hope that all Americans and people from every country where freedom rings, will thank God for that freedom. I hope that all of  us will try harder to keep His commandments and live our lives with integrity and honor.

That would make all of us smile!!

I am hoping to feel well enough to go to a patriotic program at church tomorrow and to a BBQ at a friend’s home. I won’t make it to the parade Ernie’s band is marching in or  to our traditional Angel’s baseball game and fireworks show…. but my heart will be happy as we celebrate our Nation’s birthday.

I hope that your heart will be happy too…. full to the brim with smiles.

Let me know what you’ve got to smile about.

14 comments:

Cathyjo said...

A lovely post,I'm glad your feeling better so you can enjoy the 4th.That makes me smile.And the 4th has always brought me smiles.And I being in contol of my pain insed of it incontol of me realy making me smile.Having some good food wwatermelen potato salad
name it makes me smile.And Family and Friends make me smile.And most of all knowing that I have Hevenly Father that love me for me makes me smile. ((HUGS))

Michelle said...

Thanks for such an uplifting post. Glad you are smiling. Spending time with my sweetie makes me smile. There is nothing else I would rather do, and today is his birthday! Have a great 4th!

Gloria Baker said...

You make me smile dear Lura, have a nice 4th July!!
Im at Mom' s house today, we come visit her (and Dad)with the kids and Gerardo, I told Mom you and Marie pray for her and she smile and said appreciate so much! remember my dear all nights I pray specially for you and Mom, two of my favorites persons, je, huggs (and for Marie, gerardo, the kids, etc, butyou and Mom sppecially) Have a nice 4th July, huggs and blessings gloria

bettyj said...

Lura I just read your last post and this one. Prayers are being said for you all over the country. We must think this is all going to be okay. Your friends calling was not a coincidence.(I don't believe in coincidence)God is not going to bring you this far and let you down.
betty

Sheryl said...

Okay...popular girl!! Every time I tried to come see you this morning at church you were mobbed. Man....

I so enjoyed your testimony to the true miracles that you and John are. the Lord still has a work for you to do, and a lesson for others in your miracles.

Thank you for the beautiful reminder of our beautiful country and all our blessings!

Jan's Blog said...

Of course you're coming tomorrow. Can't wait to see you here, and then to finish our movie on Monday. Praying that your travel planning potential is coming clear to you. I love your positive spirit, and your adorable game face, but don't forget all of us willing and waiting to serve. Get out your coupons and start making some calls my sweet friend. Those of us that love you can make July 18th, coming a going, easier. Call on us!!! Love you!!!

Visits With Mary said...

Lura, your post today made me smile! Hope you're have a great holiday week-end!

Kris said...

Happy 4th of July to you too! This truly is a special day. I love America, the founding fathers, the Constitution and give honor to the men and women who have fought bravely for our freedoms throughout the centuries. May we never forget.

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Dearest Lura: HELP! I can't find your email address and NEED to write to you. Been thinking of your since I got back from wedding. Hope you had a good 4th and had family and friends close. Did I ever tell you how much I love your BLOG?? Hugs to you! Love, Joy
redesigngal@surewest.net

Marie Rayner said...

Lura, YOU Make me smile! That's what! I am loving that you are beginning to feel so much better. I know you still have a long road ahead of you, but prayers are being and have been answered on your behalf, which is a wonderful thing! I am back from my weekend away now. Have a lot to catch up on, but wanted so much to pop in and say hello and tell you I love you!! You are a treasure. xxoo

A Primitive Place Magazine said...

When Lili is sitting next to me and just reaches her little arm around mine and pulls me closer makes me smile.

Hearing my dear David say " hello sweetie" when he gets home from work makes me smile.

Watching the Boston Pops Orchestra's annual 4th concert honor our armed forces really made me smile and get a lump in my throat too.

Seeing our flag so proudly displayed makes me smile.

Reading that time is passing faster for you makes me smile.

Knowing you feel better and can do more makes me smile.

Thanks for sharing your smiles!! Warm hugs!! Linda

Anonymous said...

I pray that you had a lovely 4th of July Celebration. You are so dear and I know you have suffered much; so I am contining to pray for your full recovery.
I loved all your pictures and thoughts about this wonderful country and our holiday to celebrate it's birth.
Blessings to you!
LeAnn
google comment is donw again.

The Barton's said...

So glad you are feeling less pain. Hope you have an amazing week.lvs xxx

TUTU Monkey said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. I have been so bad about keeping in touch but you have been in our prayers. Sending you lots of summer hugs!! Hello to Grampy for us too!!