Thursday, July 21, 2011

A brief Surgery update

This is Lura’s friend Sil blogging to fill you in on Lura’s surgery.  First and foremost, the surgery went well!  They removed both ovaries, one of which was attached to her abdominal wall and bowel, plus removed a bunch of scar tissue.  The surgery took 2 1/2 hours, and was able to be done laparscopically.(sp?)  The best news:  No cancer!!!!!  The surgeon said that her ovaries were “funky” (whatever that means!) and was sent in to the lab to see what the “suspicious”cells were.  But the frozen section that was sent in during the surgery for immediate examination showed a benign tumor, not cancerous!  Whew!! Relief!!!  She was in the hospital until last night (Wednesday) and now is home, recuperating.  She feels crummy, and found that it wasn’t a piece of cake, as she thought it would be.  I think that the additional onslaught on her body was more than it could handle, and recovery will be slow.  So please pray for her that the pain levels will ease and she will be able to be up and around again.  We are so thankful for her good surgeon and for all your prayers to date!

With all her pain and pain medications, she is not up to blogging, but will fill you in with much more detail when she is better.  She appreciates all of you, her blogging friends.

16 comments:

Becky said...

Praise God what they checked held no cancer cells.
Lura is in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
Much love and many prayers coming your way Lura.God Bless and take care.Blessings,Becky

Susannah said...

Thank the Heavens for the wonderful news. God is with you, Lura. I continue to pray for your speedy recovery,

Susannah

Jan's Blog said...

It was great to talk to you today and know that you are on your way to recovery. I'm so sorry that you are in such pain, and I'm praying that it was pass quickly. Love you, Jan

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Sil hope she wikk be better tomorrow, my dear Lura have patience. I continue praying.
And Lura tomorrow is Mom surgery, I will talk to you when I can, send blessings and huggs, gloria

Marie Rayner said...

So lovely of you to update us Sil! I was so happy to speak with you yesterday Lura. I am so happy there were no cancer cells in your ovaries. What a huge blessing that was for all of us who hold you so dear to us. Now you can put this behind you and get on with the business of healing. I love you my sweet friend and carry you around in my prayers daily. You mean the world to me. xxoo

StitchinByTheLake said...

Joy is overflowing from us all at the good news Lura! I know recovery from surgery will be slow but you will be better soon and someday, when all this seems like a far away dream, you will be an encouragement to someone else going through a similar experience. God uses all things to His purpose. blessings, marlene

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Thank you Lura's dear friend, Sil, for the update...I have been checking every day! And God came through again with the good news! Thank you, thank you! Lura, you WILL feel better soon, the worry is gone and that, alone, will give you strength. It's full speed ahead with no more barriers. I will be praying for less pain every day and it will happen.
Hugs, Joy ;o)

Sheryl said...

So happy for this news! I am praying for the peace and comfort that the Lord can continue to bring during your recovery sweet friend. Love and hugs!

Visits With Mary said...

Thanks SIL for the great news ! ! Praying for her quick recovery and anxiously waiting for her return to blogging ! !

hoLLy said...

overjoyed there is no cancer!!!!! but so sad she is in so much pain...again:( poor lura!! so sorry you are having to suffer , but what a blessing that you don't have cancer. wonderful news!! prayers that your body will heal completely and quickly!!! love you!

bettyj said...

I am so thankful. Many prayers have been said for her.
betty

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Praise the Lord! I am sooooo happy to read this update! I have had houseguests since Tuesday and not able to be online much but praying for Lura every day just the same.

I can now focus on prayers for a painfree recovery. So happy that the cells were cancer free. Sending love and hugs dear Lura!!

The Bright Family said...

I'm so glad to hear the surgery went smoothly--and no cancer! I do hope the recovery can happen quickly & the least pain possible. :)

Sybil said...

Thank you sil, for the latest news. I have heard from Marie thank goodness that all was ok cancer wise...Praise our dear Lord and many prayers still be sent heaven wards for our dear Lura's quick recovery.
love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the update! I'll keep you in my prayers for your recovery and that your pain is minimal soon. You are a trooper and an angel! Much, much love to you dear Lura!!

joyh82 said...

Oh my you have been thru so much lately. Keeping you in my prayers. Hope you are doing well. When you get a chance I posted some new pictures of my Lily on my blog.
God Bless!